Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499136 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18465 on: December 16, 2010, 02:17:29 pm »

I have never understood why people start smoking... Sure, it's addictive eventually, but by all accounts the first time can easily make you nauseous. Why keep smoking after THAT? There aren't any benefits whatsoever to it...

From experience there are basically two reasons. What you tell yourself (because it relieves stress) and the truth (because it makes you cool).

Neither of which is true.
In my experience, nicotine makes pain less painful, boredom less boring, and stress less stressful, while making everything positive more pronounced. It also centers you when you've drunk enough that the world is spinning, so you don't have to cling to the ground to keep from falling off it. :3

Honestly, rather than stigmatizing smoking, efforts should be made to curb frequent smoking. Habitual use is more like being an alcoholic, with the health problems that ensue from both, while occasional use is about as harmful as walking down a city street. It takes months of habitual use to become addicted. Discourage habitual use, and you cut down and addiction and health problems, without any of the bullshit PSA's they run now.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: December 16, 2010, 02:35:15 pm »

I got out of school 2 hours early
What this should have meant: 2 extra hours to chill and hang out before getting on my homework

What it actually meant: Less time building a trebuchet in my tech class.
3 hours wasted shoveling out Both my front walk and driveway AND my Neighbor's front walk and driveway without getting paid by either my parents or my neighbor
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: December 16, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »

A girl I liked and that I thought I had a chance with, that I see and speak alot to every day, likes someone else she's never met in person.

Life's a bitch.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: December 16, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »

A girl I liked and that I thought I had a chance with, that I see and speak alot to every day, likes someone else she's never met in person.

Life's a bitch.

Never met him in person eh? Could always just pretend to be him :P

(no do not actually do this)

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: December 16, 2010, 03:38:27 pm »

Life's a bitch.

Never met him in person eh? Could always just pretend to be him :P

(no do not actually do this)

Facebook, not anonymous websites. And she's not worth the trouble anymore I've decided

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: December 16, 2010, 03:50:23 pm »

Blorgh, I keep having such weird dreams.

The last week or so, I've been living such a strange jellyfish life.  Now, for the next month, I'm going to have to really push to overcome my limitations.  I'm a little bit scared, I guess, but there's nothing I can do about that.  I just have to get going.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: December 16, 2010, 04:05:44 pm »

All it takes is the will to do it, a bit of courage, and conscious effort. Best of luck on all you've got ahead of you, though I'm certain you'll be fine.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: December 16, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

Everything's making me feel sad lately. I don't know what's wrong with me...
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: December 16, 2010, 04:22:48 pm »

All it takes is the will to do it, a bit of courage, and conscious effort. Best of luck on all you've got ahead of you, though I'm certain you'll be fine.

Yeah, thanks.  I think I'll be okay, especially because my test run last Sunday wound up going surprisingly well.  That, and all my work over the break on basic problem-solving skills has left me somewhat more confident.

I'm also off to see Beloved Nutbag tomorrow, which may make both of us feel better.

(Also, your cat has somehow managed to become even more cute)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: December 16, 2010, 04:45:37 pm »

Everything's making me feel sad lately. I don't know what's wrong with me...
tried hugs?

my asshole friend just broke my Sins of a Solar Empire trinity pack. im breaking his face next to make me happy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: December 16, 2010, 04:59:46 pm »

God damned headache has left me in a sour mood the whole day, people not coming to a gig when they said they would come, a birthday that was rather meh when it was supposed to lighten up the whole day, all that's left now is to watch something and play games, something that has become way too frequent lately
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: December 16, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

Trying to make that sounds myself does lead to some dog-like noises, but the way I imagine it sounding in my head just sounds like a girl trying to sound kinky.
There you go then.

The last week or so, I've been living such a strange jellyfish life.
I admit I'm not familiar with this expression, so the first three thoughts I had as to the meaning were "Brainlessly", "Drifting around and being swept along by the current" and "Stinging anyone who comes near you".

...Yeah, I don't know.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18477 on: December 16, 2010, 05:56:36 pm »

My dad is being really bossy about the winter break, saying I am required to go to events with him wo I won't be stuck inside all winter. Bleugh.

Edit: Hey, page 1234. That's neat I guess.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:04:43 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: December 16, 2010, 06:02:50 pm »

Don't get winter break until the 24th.  :[

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: December 16, 2010, 06:04:16 pm »

Don't get winter break until the 24th.  :[
+1 :(
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 8168