Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499848 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18105 on: December 10, 2010, 06:20:10 am »

So why not stop typing messages on Bay12 and leave?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: December 10, 2010, 06:27:24 am »

So why not stop typing messages on Bay12 and leave?

Move-in date: the 11th.  My parents are going to the museum all day tomorrow.  Things I cannot do right now: leave.

In case you're wondering, I also cannot drive vehicles.  Sometimes, sweetheart, one must actually wait and sit here typing messages into B12, as opposed to actually doing anything one might accidentally call "productive."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: December 10, 2010, 07:00:28 am »

Oh ok, didn't know about you having to stay put.

I choose not to do anything productive and hust sit on the forums most of the time. 'FUN' to be had and all that!

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #18108 on: December 10, 2010, 07:07:30 am »

I choose not to do anything productive and just sit on the forums most of the time. 'FUN' to be had and all that!
...And that's my problem.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: December 10, 2010, 07:08:31 am »

I choose not to do anything productive and just sit on the forums most of the time. 'FUN' to be had and all that!
...And that's my problem.

I embrace it! Otherwise I'd be seriously emo from my lack of, well, anything.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: December 10, 2010, 07:14:43 am »

Uh... failing school is not a good thing to embrace.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: December 10, 2010, 07:16:59 am »

Uh... failing school is not a good thing to embrace.

I did it anyway. Have to work my arse off in college, so I guess it equals it's self out.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18112 on: December 10, 2010, 07:19:24 am »

I failed school. Now I hate my life and take testosterone to survive. Moral is, don't fail school.
/Exaggerated for drama. ;)
Love, scriver~

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:18 am »

Changing the subject: It's freaking four in the morning and just got up a half hour ago. I don't even have to do anything today and I can't fall asleep, yet when I do have things to do, I'm able to sleep in. What the fuck internal clock? I want to sleep!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: December 10, 2010, 07:28:28 am »

Changing the subject: It's freaking four in the morning and just got up a half hour ago. I don't even have to do anything today and I can't fall asleep, yet when I do have things to do, I'm able to sleep in. What the fuck internal clock? I want to sleep!

Same problem, I had a test once and was awake in till 5 then I wake up at 8 with 3 hrs sleep. I think it might be the immense amount of computering I do but meh, I aint cutting it down for no one, not even me.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18115 on: December 10, 2010, 07:30:49 am »

You high schoolers think you have it rough, I don't even know what daylight looks like anymore.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: December 10, 2010, 07:34:13 am »

Pfeh!
*Hugs*

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18117 on: December 10, 2010, 08:39:20 am »

Its not such a bad thing I guess but eh.

Anyway, awhile ago (roughly a year ago?) I had a... Momment, where I tried to use a cord used to close shutters to, as my docter described when he was asking me a series or questions, 'do myself in'. At the time, I did not realise that that was not very normal, not really understanding it, as that very dark momment went away and was replaced with a 'dark, hollow' sort of feeling which i've had in a subconscious way for the last year or so. Anyway, recently it peaked up again and I managed to recognise that something was up and talked to my GP, who reckoned I might have a case of depression. And I mean, I guess I should be happy to put a face on why i've been feeling all wierd and so on but at the same time, its all kinda... Eeh. So yea. Thats what made me sad today.  :-\

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18118 on: December 10, 2010, 10:37:53 am »

Depression has become a really common diagnosis lately. I have it, my stepmom has it, my friend has it and so do several other acquaintances. And we all take the same medication.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18119 on: December 10, 2010, 10:58:19 am »

I have it as well. So does my cousin, and my brother was diagnosed with back when he was a teenager. I believe my father and several of my close relatives have been diagnose with it as well back in the day, but those I don't know for sure. I guess it runs in the family. I am the only one who take testosterone as treatment, though, since the other pills (Sertraline and some other) I took didn't work.

Anyway, to the point - one has to remember that sometimes, diagnosing somebody with "depression" is like diagnosing them with "headache", often it can originally be a symptom of something else. I say originally, since the bastard is self-worse-making (I'm sorry for the make up, I couldn't remember the word I was looking for, or find a suitable replacement), and after a while the cause of one's depression is one's depression.

edit: My writing seems even more confusing on the screen than in my head. The point was in response to T-Dan's remark about it being a common diagnosis. Hence why I went on about symptoms and shit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:24:03 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 8168