Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9505233 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17940 on: December 08, 2010, 04:43:39 pm »

My trebuchet underwent rapid unplanned disassembly today in Tech
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: December 08, 2010, 04:55:47 pm »

I have a take-home final exam due Friday night.  I want to get it done by tomorrow night, so I'll have Friday to myself.  I want to get half done tonight, and half tomorrow, because I think it'll take about that long altogether.

So why, why am I sitting here, playing Minecraft or typing posts or literally just clicking on random desktop icons?  Why am I doing absolutely anything except what I know I have to do, and even want to for my own reward?  This is the last trial of work-ethic I'll have to worry about in college, so why am I trying fail myself at it?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: December 08, 2010, 04:58:34 pm »

Dude just do it. Just... Do it. Hell if you have Killing floor after you're done maybe you me cag and maybe squid and shadow can all play a game.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: December 08, 2010, 05:01:13 pm »

Yeah, that was mostly just melodramatic whinging.  It's my way of entertaining myself.  Anyway, I'm starting right now.  The honest answer is, I just don't want to go through the arduous process of flipping back and forth through textbooks looking for pages to support the answers I already have.  Creditable notation is a such a fucking chore.

Also, for a few minutes there I thought it was 6PM and not 4PM.  That was a weird feeling.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: December 08, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »

Just opened my email, only to find about a hundred emails from my parents... Why do they feel the need to constantly try and ruin my fucking life... Every time I start to get over some... memories, they drag them all up from the depths.. I feel fucking sick... I don't think they're going to leave this.... I spend every waking moment terrified that they'll find me and every moment of sleep having  nightmares, why do they constantly feel the need to destroy my life....
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: December 08, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »

Yeah, that was mostly just melodramatic whinging.  It's my way of entertaining myself.  Anyway, I'm starting right now.  The honest answer is, I just don't want to go through the arduous process of flipping back and forth through textbooks looking for pages to support the answers I already have.  Creditable notation is a such a fucking chore.

Also, for a few minutes there I thought it was 6PM and not 4PM.  That was a weird feeling.

I know how you feel. I;ve got a C programming part of my ocurse and the SIZE of the damn text books is astounding. You want me to go through nearly 1000 pages to find something to support my answer? I'm using wikipedia thanks.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: December 08, 2010, 05:08:22 pm »

If I where a normal person Merchant I would suggest getting another email address or perhaps looking up on laws to see if they are doing something that might be consitered illegal with this, like harrasment.
Since I am not a normal person, I suggest finding something that makes you happy, preferibly something that can't leave, latch on, and keep a blunt weapon, like a bat, near by incase they do ever come by.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: December 08, 2010, 05:08:38 pm »

Dude just do it. Just... Do it. Hell if you have Killing floor after you're done maybe you me cag and maybe squid and shadow can all play a game.

I don't have Killing Floor :s
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: December 08, 2010, 05:11:35 pm »

I don't have Killing Floor :s

... I THOUGHT YOU DID. I swear I saw your squiddly face in the steam library page for it...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: December 08, 2010, 05:15:57 pm »

That a person named Fniff has a really one track mind on my game, stealing. Just try to follow the plot for a bit -.-
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: December 08, 2010, 05:16:54 pm »

So why, why am I sitting here, playing Minecraft or typing posts or literally just clicking on random desktop icons?  Why am I doing absolutely anything except what I know I have to do, and even want to for my own reward?  This is the last trial of work-ethic I'll have to worry about in college, so why am I trying fail myself at it?
I just don't want to go through the arduous process of flipping back and forth through textbooks looking for pages to support the answers I already have.  Creditable notation is a such a fucking chore.
If my graphics card hadn't conked out like this I would have been in the same situation. Hell, I'm kinda in it as I can still sorta use this thing. Two empty untouched math homeworks, just because i was a lazy ass who was too intimidated by it to even start.
 And blerg, one would think it would take less time than this to ship something two states away.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: December 08, 2010, 05:18:40 pm »

Physics homework is giving me some problems, and I don't quite get the book's explanation of these problems

Spoiler: For those interested (click to show/hide)
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: December 08, 2010, 05:20:31 pm »

Wouldn't the acceleration be zero?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:10 pm »

Wouldn't the acceleration be zero?

Yeah, I was going to say... acceleration zero, tension big one minus small one?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: December 08, 2010, 05:31:47 pm »

Acceleration zero?  Huh?

There's no friction between the table and the block, so there's nothing countering the weight of the hanging block, right?  Unless I'm being stupid and missing something obvious.

Can't really give you a precise answer, though, since pulleys is what I'm moving onto next lesson :P.
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 8168