Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9508071 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17850 on: December 07, 2010, 04:04:42 pm »

So I've realized that without the forum I don't have that much to distract me from how much I hate my life... And it only took me a weekend. So I'm back.
On another note, My life is enough crap that I hate it, but not enough crap so I feel like an asshole complaining about it. It's in that little spot.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17851 on: December 07, 2010, 04:39:47 pm »

Shit. Me and Yumi just had a massive argument. This is the first time we've ever fallen out over something. Not good...

Arguments are a natural part of relationships. If you aren't arguing ever you probably have problems that you just aren't talking about. So don't worry too much on that score.

If, after talking about things, you still have problems, then it is a warning sign for a relationship.

Yea, everybody has arguments once in a while. Both of you probably just need to chill for a bit.
It happens, and you need (as a couple) to have a way of handling it.  Here's some suggested rules for starters:
1) Never go to bed angry / say goodbye angry.  Even if there's still a disagreement at the end, work out the emotions so you're not angry with each other.
2) Don't bring up unrelated past incidents.  "You did X and I'm really mad" "Oh yeah well two weeks ago you did Y" is not productive, especially in the heat of the moment.  Keep it under control, deal with things on their own.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #17852 on: December 07, 2010, 06:16:31 pm »

My car got broken into. Rear window smashed in.

Nothing was stolen; but that's because there was nothing to steal.

I don't know which fact I am more sad about.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17853 on: December 07, 2010, 06:18:27 pm »

My car got broken into. Rear window smashed in.

Nothing was stolen; but that's because there was nothing to steal.

I don't know which fact I am more sad about.

At least your car itself wasn't stolen as that is itself something to steal.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #17854 on: December 07, 2010, 06:19:08 pm »

My car is too crappy to be worth stealing  :-X
I can see it now.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17855 on: December 07, 2010, 06:35:08 pm »

My neck hurts. I guess there's a price to terrifying twelve-year-olds.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17856 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:03 pm »

Blerg. I realized in math today that I need to do a ton of studying on top of completely writing a 5 page essay for tomorrow on top of my new graphics card not being here despite shipping from like three states away. And my math professor won't open up the online homework again so I can study with it.
 Argh-sigh. If I even get the balls to start studying.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #17857 on: December 07, 2010, 06:50:51 pm »

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to walk normally. Not so much sad as incredibly annoying, but it fits better than the happy thread. (Before you ask, it's not injury related or anything like that) It's mostly just an inconvenience, really. But only because I look kind of weird.

Then again, I do have a real sad thing. My dad's left/leaving for Afghanistan today (I don't know if he has left yet or not). He's going with the Navy, so he's going to basically be watching over some prisoners (I think that's what he said). But he's also going to be working on computers. So while he's not really in the most danger he could be in, I'm still worried for him. This is basically guerrilla warfare, which tends to be a lot more dangerous as well.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17858 on: December 07, 2010, 06:52:58 pm »

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to walk normally. Not so much sad as incredibly annoying, but it fits better than the happy thread. (Before you ask, it's not injury related or anything like that) It's mostly just an inconvenience, really. But only because I look kind of weird.

What do you mean and how come? I'll butt out if I'm being too nosy.....

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #17859 on: December 07, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »

Give your father my respect and gratitude.
I can see it now.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17860 on: December 07, 2010, 06:58:42 pm »

Fucks sake. I gave my parent's every chance. I've finally cut off all contact with them and changed my number. I tried to keep in contact but my mum was ringing me up and shouting abuse at me. I feel like complete fucking crap right now... I knew I should never have got back into contact with them...
*Hugs*

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #17861 on: December 07, 2010, 06:59:23 pm »

What do you mean and how come? I'll butt out if I'm being too nosy.....
No, it's fine. I'm just unconsciously walking on my toes. For example, I'll start walking, then notice "Wait, why am I walking on my toes?". Having to make a conscious effort to NOT do it is annoying.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17862 on: December 07, 2010, 07:05:18 pm »

You could sum up my life in a game of LoL.
Pretty sad.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17863 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »

Fucks sake. I gave my parent's every chance. I've finally cut off all contact with them and changed my number. I tried to keep in contact but my mum was ringing me up and shouting abuse at me. I feel like complete fucking crap right now... I knew I should never have got back into contact with them...
It sounded like things were going well with them before. Did somthing happen to trigger this, or did your mother just randomly flip out on you?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17864 on: December 07, 2010, 07:12:40 pm »

It sounded like things were going well with them before. Did somthing happen to trigger this, or did your mother just randomly flip out on you?

Yea, it sounded like your parents were being nice and you said things were going okayish. In fact, you were saying your mom wanted you to come home.
Pages: 1 ... 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 ... 8168