Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9505293 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17730 on: December 05, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »

We blow them up.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17731 on: December 05, 2010, 09:01:34 pm »

At that point the collectors wouldn't be in much of a position to do anything about getting the money. We'd have a battleship.
REAMLFIGHTER. WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT NINJAING ME! DO I HAVE TO GET THE SUPER FUN BOUNCY BALL OUT AGAIN?!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: December 05, 2010, 09:02:24 pm »

I would appreciate it if you did.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17733 on: December 05, 2010, 09:24:21 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:20:57 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17734 on: December 05, 2010, 09:28:12 pm »

Writing a paper is incredibly annoying with these graphical errors. I can barely read text as it is. I did boost the size and font of the text in this Word document, but I can't tell how much I've written in MLA style.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: December 05, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »

Duke not able to use Steam makes me sad.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17736 on: December 05, 2010, 09:58:43 pm »

Tomorrow is a Monday. And Mondays... we all know about Mondays.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17737 on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:26 pm »

Writing a paper is incredibly annoying with these graphical errors. I can barely read text as it is. I did boost the size and font of the text in this Word document, but I can't tell how much I've written in MLA style.

Graphical errors on what? Seriously though, if you can't read the text due to graphical errors, its either time to get a new computer or get a new graphics card.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17738 on: December 05, 2010, 10:06:37 pm »

Graphical errors on what? Seriously though, if you can't read the text due to graphical errors, its either time to get a new computer or get a new graphics card.
Hahaha

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17739 on: December 05, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »

Hahaha
Write it out in whatever size you need, then spell check in a larger font, then reduce it to normal and estimate if the spacing is well enough. That should work considering your situation. Otherwise, have fun with the optical braille.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:15:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17740 on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:05 pm »

Tomorrow is a Monday. And Mondays... we all know about Mondays.

My monday is worse. Why?

- Technically it's a holiday day, so supermarkets will be closed
- I have an exam on tuesday, and another one on thursday, so as far as I am concerned it's meaningless that it's technically a holiday.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: December 06, 2010, 02:26:05 am »

I made the mistake of reading the comments section on a yahoo news article, forgetting it was like a giant tub of intellectual sewage, bubbling with insults and misinformation. It...it hurt to read them but I couldn't stop. It was too grisly to look away...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17742 on: December 06, 2010, 04:06:44 am »

I need better self-control. I'm only even writing this post as a form of procrastination, if I'm going to be honest with myself.

Get some good headphones and listen to this - "Sounds of Rain and Thunder on the River" on endless loop. All the loose thoughts in your head instantly get drowned out by it, and not in a headache-inducing way; you enter the 'work zone' mentality about three seconds after closing all procrastination-heavy tabs and turning it on. I use it for all the writing I do; hell, I just started a huge essay an hour ago that's due in about 11 hours and managed to set up a great essay framework and get almost 600 words deep in that time. I'm only here now because I'm breaking for food. Use it and love it, man.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17743 on: December 06, 2010, 04:09:45 am »

More goddamned accusations...
*Hugs*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17744 on: December 06, 2010, 07:15:27 am »

And just like that the day is ruined by my dad and his constant nagging :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 8168