Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488818 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17685 on: December 05, 2010, 02:39:26 am »

I am really sick of my housemates not cleaning up after themselves in the slightest and all behaving like irresponsible three year olds with their own personal cleaning staff. I get that I'm the cleanest one in the house, and I don't mind cleaning up more than my own mess, but doing a massive house cleanup only to find that in about twelve hours literally every single dish and piece of cutlery has been used and just... left out is just about impossible to deal with. And if the dishwasher doesn't work, don't fucking put your dishes in there and then wonder why we have no more plates. We have lived here for seven months and I had to teach one of my housemates how the dishwasher worked the other day because he had never actually ran it. I am cleaning up after six extremely messy people all by myself and I'm honestly about to snap.

I don't really know how to tell everyone in the house that they have to man up and actually start being an adult without coming off as incredibly passive-aggressive, but I need to do something soon. This should not be my problem, and it's ruining the rare good moods I've been having lately.
Sounds similar to what happens at my house. Threaten an eviction. That usually gets them working. More or less. Otherwise, just eat out and let them wonder why there are no dishes until they finally put 2 and 2 together. Just ignore the situation and let them end up cleaning up out of frustration. Fight laziness with (intentional) laziness.

If that doesn't work, then thoroughly tear into them and get more serious about kicking them out. Put fear into them and let them obey the rules of the house.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: December 05, 2010, 02:41:55 am »

Playing Touhou, HOLY SHIT EASY MODE IS KICKING MY ASS SO HARD RIGHT NOW.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: December 05, 2010, 02:43:05 am »

EASY MODE? SO LAME! EVERYONE KNOWS EASY MODE IS FOR CHILDR-Oh dear god I just made a Touhou referance. Janet, this is all your fault.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: December 05, 2010, 02:44:47 am »

HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME.

BECAUSE IT IS SO FUCKING HARD, EVEN ON EASY.

I HAVE DIED 5 TIME IN A ROW TO THE MOOKS.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: December 05, 2010, 02:49:06 am »

I am really sick of my housemates not cleaning up after themselves in the slightest and all behaving like irresponsible three year olds with their own personal cleaning staff. I get that I'm the cleanest one in the house, and I don't mind cleaning up more than my own mess, but doing a massive house cleanup only to find that in about twelve hours literally every single dish and piece of cutlery has been used and just... left out is just about impossible to deal with. And if the dishwasher doesn't work, don't fucking put your dishes in there and then wonder why we have no more plates. We have lived here for seven months and I had to teach one of my housemates how the dishwasher worked the other day because he had never actually ran it. I am cleaning up after six extremely messy people all by myself and I'm honestly about to snap.

I don't really know how to tell everyone in the house that they have to man up and actually start being an adult without coming off as incredibly passive-aggressive, but I need to do something soon. This should not be my problem, and it's ruining the rare good moods I've been having lately.
Sounds similar to what happens at my house. Threaten an eviction. That usually gets them working. More or less. Otherwise, just eat out and let them wonder why there are no dishes until they finally put 2 and 2 together. Just ignore the situation and let them end up cleaning up out of frustration. Fight laziness with (intentional) laziness.

If that doesn't work, then thoroughly tear into them and get more serious about kicking them out. Put fear into them and let them obey the rules of the house.

I honestly couldn't threaten eviction on them, and I wouldn't want to; I'm living with five of my closest friends. They're great in all aspects except cleanliness, is the thing. I want to try just leaving everyone's mess but mine, but I feel like based on prior observation that they will simply clean exactly as little as they need to use and then leave the used dish out again.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: December 05, 2010, 02:52:21 am »

If they're your friends, you'll be able to talk them into doing a fair share of the housework. If you can't, then chances are that your friends are lazy jerks who are willing to saddle you will all of the work, and so you should consider finding new friends.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17691 on: December 05, 2010, 02:54:17 am »

I honestly couldn't threaten eviction on them, and I wouldn't want to; I'm living with five of my closest friends. They're great in all aspects except cleanliness, is the thing. I want to try just leaving everyone's mess but mine, but I feel like based on prior observation that they will simply clean exactly as little as they need to use and then leave the used dish out again.
Well, in the case I mentioned, that was with family. It gets through enough of everyone (especially since we're paying board). Essentially, it's just more a case of asserting the issue enough that they'll finally pick up after themselves. That, or at least pick out a dish/cup and reuse it instead of getting a new one, provided it's clean enough.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: December 05, 2010, 03:17:25 am »

HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME.

BECAUSE IT IS SO FUCKING HARD, EVEN ON EASY.

I HAVE DIED 5 TIME IN A ROW TO THE MOOKS.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:19:06 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: December 05, 2010, 03:24:40 am »

Please stop laughing at me......

It hurts enough already

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: December 05, 2010, 03:32:54 am »

It's ok realmfighter we still love you. We think you are less of a man but we still love you.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17695 on: December 05, 2010, 04:19:20 am »

Spoiler: Don't read this (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: December 05, 2010, 07:05:32 am »

Which one?

I'm sortof gradually progressing through normal on EoSD.  Damnit, Patchouli!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: December 05, 2010, 07:13:38 am »

Please stop laughing at me......

It hurts enough already
There there I've never played it so I can't relate. :/ I really want to play it now but I dont know where to get it...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: December 05, 2010, 07:15:41 am »

There are free demos of most (all?) of the games on the Touhou project website.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17699 on: December 05, 2010, 07:31:53 am »

Ikaruga. *head asplode* I played that when I worked for Gamestop, and refused to turn the difficulty down from the highest. I don't believe I ever beat the second level. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 8167