Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9492393 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17625 on: December 04, 2010, 01:27:26 am »

It has to be by state or something, because in Texas you can't graduate high school until you take the SAT.  Or the LSAT as it's known now.

I was in the very last class-year to take the old SAT, before they added the Writing section.  Thank fucking God.  And all that after being the test-case class-year for both the TAAS and TAKS universal testing changeovers.  I really hated standardized testing in school, not because I was bad at them, but just because they totally dominated the school courses, for in the end absolutely no good reason, since they ditched the whole thing anyway.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:29:12 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17626 on: December 04, 2010, 01:29:20 am »

I was in the very last class-year to take the old SAT, before they added the Writing section.  Thank fucking God.
Hehe, that's why the highest score is 2400 instead of 1800 now right?  I wonder if writing will be my lowest score tomorrow.  The question better be explainable.  No oceans this year!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: December 04, 2010, 01:31:14 am »

The better question is, why are you hanging around here at 1:30AM the night before you take the test?  You should either be asleep or studying.  Not that I didn't do the exact same thing, and got a 1340 (out of 1800), but I didn't have to write anything.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: December 04, 2010, 01:42:38 am »

Meh.  I got 2300/2400 without studying.

If you're wondering about the breakdown, it was 800 writing, 790 reading, and 710 math.

I want to be back in school.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: December 04, 2010, 01:45:03 am »

The better question is, why are you hanging around here at 1:30AM the night before you take the test?  You should either be asleep or studying.  Not that I didn't do the exact same thing, and got a 1340 (out of 1800), but I didn't have to write anything.
After getting home from school at like 3pm today I passed out for like 7 hours and now have nothing better to do.  Just checking out stuff and watching shows.  Go to sleep at 2:30am if I'm able to or just stare at the ceiling.  The better question is, why do I post a lot on Bay12?  I don't really do anything Aqizzar.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: December 04, 2010, 01:54:34 am »

The better question is, why do I post a lot on Bay12?  I don't really do anything Aqizzar.

Uh, okay.

If you're wondering about the breakdown, it was 800 writing, 790 reading, and 710 math.

Irony!  It's weird though, I'm practically out of school, and I can't wait, but I really want to stay in too.  Mostly because I happened to meet a bunch of cool new people this semester, and hanging out with college students when you're not in college is hard to do, judging by interacting with my other friends.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: December 04, 2010, 01:54:49 am »

Heh, I had not noticed, because my book covered all but her face.
It's a beautiful tune, though.

It is quite the tune.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17632 on: December 04, 2010, 02:02:11 am »

Irony!  It's weird though, I'm practically out of school, and I can't wait, but I really want to stay in too.  Mostly because I happened to meet a bunch of cool new people this semester, and hanging out with college students when you're not in college is hard to do, judging by interacting with my other friends.

Well, I also turned around and got an 800 on the Math II Sat II, so I feel a little bit better about that particular score >_>

And yeah, I'd love to be in school for the rest of my life.  I have some 10-12 other languages I want to learn, and thousands of books to read, and so many skills I'd like to pick up... there's so much beauty out there!  But it's probably better for me to wind up teaching school.  I hope I'll be able to bring my students some of what I've learned =)

*flails*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: December 04, 2010, 02:17:54 am »

I had to write some essay for Uconn explaining how I'm a "unique individual" and I was having a hard time because I don't find myself that cocky anymore and more humble I guess.  Its gotten to the point were I don't say the words 'intelligence', 'smart', or whatever in common sentences.

Aqizzar is probably right about studying.  I know a lot more now and this'll be my second time so I'll know the order/flow of things.

If you couldn't tell already even though I'm trying to hide my anxiety it's leaking everywhere.  Nothing that a few patches could fix though, hehe.  Not to worry though, if I screw up I've always got my first SAT which is a respectable albeit not great grade.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17634 on: December 04, 2010, 02:46:01 am »

I hate Mount and Blade and it's the worst game ever made.  Despite knowing this and thinking this every time I start to play, I can never stop playing.

It's my hate for the Rhodoks that keeps me going.  One of these days that fat bastard Harlaus is gonna declare war on them and I'm going to kill every last one.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: December 04, 2010, 02:47:30 am »

You are playing right now.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: December 04, 2010, 02:50:54 am »

I hate Mount and Blade and it's the worst game ever made.  Despite knowing this and thinking this every time I start to play, I can never stop playing.

Oh God, I just had a chilling flashback to a year ago, when I first played Minecraft.  My whole winter break was consumed by that and Medieval Total War.  I literally could not stop playing M&B, even though there's only like three things to do, and all the battles feel the same, and I would use the exact same character strategies every time, and complain about the exact same pitfalls.  Stupid fucking Rhodok Sharpshooters.

It's an absolutely terrible game, and for the life of me I can't figure out why it's so addicting.  I am so glad I shook that monkey off my back.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: December 04, 2010, 03:33:02 am »

I love how in tournaments one team will split up and attack the other teams, making it completely impossible to win.

I also love how there's no stun/kickback/whatever when a shield blocks your attack, so you can block a guy and he gets a second swing before you've even wound up for your counter.

I just got up the will to uninstall it and save myself from the inevitable aneurysm.  I feel bad because Jude gifted it to me, although I suppose I must have been getting some kind of sick enjoyment out of it considering I couldn't stop playing.  I still feel the urge to play.  The Rhodoks call out to me.  Hundreds of Rhodok peasants isn't nearly enough.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:37:00 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17638 on: December 04, 2010, 03:39:15 am »

I am so bored I am starting to post stalk people.

Time to go to bed.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: December 04, 2010, 04:25:06 am »

And yeah, I'd love to be in school for the rest of my life.  I have some 10-12 other languages I want to learn, and thousands of books to read, and so many skills I'd like to pick up... there's so much beauty out there!  But it's probably better for me to wind up teaching school.  I hope I'll be able to bring my students some of what I've learned =)

*flails*
At the U of Wash., apparently professors get to take a certain number of credits for free each quarter...

That's one big reason I want to teach CS.  :D
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 8167