Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494003 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17550 on: December 03, 2010, 02:00:48 am »

My Thread was derailed... I had it closed down.

I'll put it back up later when I am in a better mood, but mostly I don't want to bug Toady with moderations. So I am probably just better off not posting topics.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17551 on: December 03, 2010, 02:05:40 am »

My Thread was derailed... I had it closed down.

I'll put it back up later when I am in a better mood, but mostly I don't want to bug Toady with moderations. So I am probably just better off not posting topics.
which thread?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17552 on: December 03, 2010, 02:06:40 am »

The Myth one.

I asked people about their personal Myths that could easily be debunked if they just basically "looked it up" or in my case... Looked at the sky.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17553 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:57 am »

Bleh, slow internet.
Come one little router, it's just 13 megabytes.
You can do it!
Oh, and I accidentally cut my lip.
Now I've got this inflamed spot on the inside of my mouth that keeps catching on my teeth and getting ripped and then inflamed more.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17554 on: December 03, 2010, 02:51:25 am »

Bluughh.. This impending meeting is making me feel incredibly sick...
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17555 on: December 03, 2010, 10:33:53 am »

Kinda bummed out, taking the SAT again tomorrow morning.  On a Saturday.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17556 on: December 03, 2010, 10:58:59 am »

Kinda bummed out, taking the SAT again tomorrow morning.  On a Saturday.

Wow, too bad.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17557 on: December 03, 2010, 11:22:40 am »

A teacher who completely wastes my time is more annoying than anything else I can immediately think of. You do not spend a much-needed exam review class saying "well, let's not talk about the stuff that's going to be on the exam because you can probably guess the stuff that's going to be on it" and then ask extremely useless and generic questions like "What is politics?" and refuse to continue until someone answers him exactly the way he wants to hear. This isn't a first year class. Stop wasting my time :\

Ugh. I have a lot of work to do today; that was a really bad way to start my morning.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17558 on: December 03, 2010, 12:00:51 pm »

I understand the feeling.

I have a teacher who rushes through the classes as if he had a firecracker inside some unhygienic cavity, refuses to upload the relevant powerpoints to the university's net, and nonetheless bombastically announces that to pass his subject "it suffices to study the class' notes" (which tend to be LACKING given his refusal to either slow down or upload material)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17559 on: December 03, 2010, 12:14:05 pm »

Oh yeah, you know it.. Girl left her boyfriend, you have a crush on her, you are doing fine, you are really having fun together and she seems too really like you `n stuff and you think, well soon i`ll invite her to an date and stuff and then you notice: Hey, she might be together with her ex again... Out of a sudden; From one day to the next.

Kinda ruined my day. Maybe she isn`t together with him again; But the Thought that she could be drives me crazy.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17560 on: December 03, 2010, 01:10:25 pm »

I understand the feeling.

I have a teacher who rushes through the classes as if he had a firecracker inside some unhygienic cavity, refuses to upload the relevant powerpoints to the university's net, and nonetheless bombastically announces that to pass his subject "it suffices to study the class' notes" (which tend to be LACKING given his refusal to either slow down or upload material)

Heh, that's like the opposite side of the bad professor spectrum from my guy. He tends to just repeat the same generic information over and over (example: "The United States has a judicial branch, an executive branch, and a legislative branch" - did I seriously go to university to relearn info from grade five?), but fills his exams with all sorts of information he never actually covered. On the first day of class he said "A lot of people from last year's class complained that all I did was repeat information from the textbook... Well, yeah! You can't make up new information, can you?" and then proceeded to waste my time three days a week. I'd honestly be happier if he sped through interesting material; wallowing in this generic stuff makes me want to just skip class and spend the time studying in the library instead :\

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17561 on: December 03, 2010, 05:42:11 pm »

I have to stop reading Youtube comments.  I'm tired of reading crap about how one country or another is "dirty" or "backwards" or full of "dogs" and "donkeys."

Pff.

How stupid.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17562 on: December 03, 2010, 05:43:30 pm »

Once more being accused (sort of) of being Pathos T_T
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17563 on: December 03, 2010, 05:44:38 pm »

I have to stop reading Youtube comments.  I'm tired of reading crap about how one country or another is "dirty" or "backwards" or full of "dogs" and "donkeys."

Pff.

How stupid.
That sounds like worshiping praise compared to some of the comments I've seen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17564 on: December 03, 2010, 05:47:33 pm »

Yeah, well... that's certainly true, but it still bothers me to see people saying things like that.

I guess I'm just not too attached to any one country, or something =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 8167