Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494665 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17490 on: December 02, 2010, 09:28:06 pm »

We're all on it? Even cloudy, the greatest forum member ever?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17491 on: December 02, 2010, 09:32:40 pm »

my computer just horribly crashed while playing minecraft. i think the graphics card died judging from the graphical errors and the fact that a system restore didn't fix it. i could be away for a while if re attaching stuff doesnt work. seeya folks.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17492 on: December 02, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »

BACK UP YOUR HARD DRIVE DUKE

(also, everyone else.  it's IMPORTANT.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17493 on: December 02, 2010, 09:35:11 pm »

my computer just horribly crashed while playing minecraft. i think the graphics card died judging from the graphical errors and the fact that a system restore didn't fix it. i could be away for a while if re attaching stuff doesnt work. seeya folks.

Minecraft KILLS.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17494 on: December 02, 2010, 09:35:20 pm »

African adventure!  :[

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17495 on: December 02, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »

Well, I officially hate Epson printers. Can't print a damn document because I'm out of 1 color of ink. Not even B&W ink only because of that. I find something that might override the printer and is freeware, only to learn that I must buy a key to use it. That's not freeware, you shmucks.

Quality is good, but you get very few shots from it, and the ink dries out inside the cartridges apparently, because I see less and less of it, and I haven't really printed anything. Aren't those usually vacuum sealed?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:37:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17496 on: December 02, 2010, 10:13:01 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:04:06 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17497 on: December 02, 2010, 10:13:21 pm »

Right, now that my sister is home I can use her iPad to actually look for a way to fix this. Although it's looking ugly. On startup random colums have randomized color errors, and it blue screens for an instant after the windows logo shows. I can get into safe mode, and have done two attempts at automatic restores. Seeing as they haven't done anything I'm guessing the graphics card is dying here. With no integrated graphics card and no spare ones lying around and not too much in cash on me I don't know if I'll be able to get on much. I may be able to get some funds from financial aid as this computer is used for my studies. Maybe. I'll try to see if i can fix this problem somehow. Google ahoy!

Edit:alright guys, I'll need some help here. I'm not terribly sure how to fix this, and my search Fu is weak when it comes to these things. I keep getting general crash searches and not searches for graphical vomit and crashing after the xp logo issues. The only other detail I can give is that sating up in safe mode is possible, but there is a green graphical error that looks like the matrix. If you could help I can provide whatever details you would need. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:28:24 pm by Duke 2.0 »
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17498 on: December 02, 2010, 10:27:52 pm »

Right, now that my sister is home I can use her iPad to actually look for a way to fix this. Although it's looking ugly. On startup random colums have randomized color errors, and it blue screens for an instant after the windows logo shows. I can get into safe mode, and have done two attempts at automatic restores. Seeing as they haven't done anything I'm guessing the graphics card is dying here. With no integrated graphics card and no spare ones lying around and not too much in cash on me I don't know if I'll be able to get on much. I may be able to get some funds from financial aid as this computer is used for my studies. Maybe. I'll try to see if i can fix this problem somehow. Google ahoy!
Oh no Duke!  You might have to use the beetle!  D:

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17499 on: December 02, 2010, 10:29:41 pm »

I am using the beetle here, an iPad. I also edited my first port as a plea for help. I really don't want to drop the 40-80$ a decent graphics card costs. Or at least functioning.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17500 on: December 02, 2010, 10:34:47 pm »

I don't know how to help you I would have to be there!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17501 on: December 02, 2010, 10:42:13 pm »

ISP doing upgrades = No Connection, was supposed to come back up this morning but meh... strangely though if I unplug-replug the router in I can get connection for 20ish minutes...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17502 on: December 02, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »

Well my laptop has taken the first big steps toward finally giving out. My soundcard has gone out. Completely apparently. And I don't think it's coming back. My laptop itself has also been slightly getting worse and worse when it comes to preformance as even Reccettear chugged occasionally. It overheats easily. And even just leaving it closed for too long will make it shut down in fear.

I don't know how long I have till I just dissapear. But rest assured anything and everything is trying so hard to make me miserable. The harder everyone tries to make me happy the harder fate keeps bitchslapping me back down to being a depressed or unstable wreck.

I don't know what to do. This thing is my window into the greater world and I can't replace it myself. And now it's as mute as I am myself and I know this is only the first step.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17503 on: December 02, 2010, 11:13:42 pm »

Update on the wind situation:
Forty+ mph.
Part of my fence fell over.
Power and/or internet likely to die on me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17504 on: December 02, 2010, 11:14:49 pm »

Edit:alright guys, I'll need some help here. I'm not terribly sure how to fix this, and my search Fu is weak when it comes to these things. I keep getting general crash searches and not searches for graphical vomit and crashing after the xp logo issues. The only other detail I can give is that sating up in safe mode is possible, but there is a green graphical error that looks like the matrix. If you could help I can provide whatever details you would need. Thanks.
I recognize this. Capacitors might be frying on the graphics card. Take a look at it. I remember seeing a few popped capacitors in my case. Caused all kinds of errors before I realized what happened.

Simply put: Your card is speaking it's last words.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:19:19 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 ... 8167