Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500735 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17130 on: November 27, 2010, 09:42:45 pm »

. . .

Righto.

I am pissy today because I have to keep writing and I don't want to anymore.  I have approximately zero interest in writing about the escapades of a lonely girl at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17131 on: November 27, 2010, 09:46:02 pm »

No, you don't get it. I get treated like shit. Okay, I feel bad but thats it, it rolls off my shoulder. This on the other hand strikes me right in the heart, tearing it from me. Leaving a torrent of bloody tears from the hole and my eyes.
That was symbolism. Very bad symbolism.

. . .

Righto.

I am pissy today because I have to keep writing and I don't want to anymore.  I have approximately zero interest in writing about the escapades of a lonely girl at the moment.
Too much work? How is the writing coming along by the way?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: November 27, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »

Too much work? How is the writing coming along by the way?

Thanks for asking.  It's coming all right, but I don't really have any interest at the moment.  I've got some great plot ideas and I've been enjoying writing outlines, but the actual writing is kind of annoying right now.  No matter what I write, I always think "but what are they going to say about this?  Is it good enough?"

So it's stressful... and exhausting.  I have to have a chapter written by Tuesday, and frankly speaking, I just don't want to get it done.  On the other hand, I know that going back to school will be like this, except with math, so it's important to just sit down and work it out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17133 on: November 27, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »

I have approximately zero interest in writing about the escapades of a lonely girl at the moment.
"As usual, her professor drones on about the lovely web of perfection that was Math. Despite all the hardships and the loneliness of her life, she was finally happy to be in the warm embrace of her field. She was at home, and nothing could take that away. The only thing detracting from the experience was the student behind her coughing up a fit. It took a great deal of self-control to not throw her out of the class for interrupting the only good moment in her life, when in a sudden blur and a knock from behind she found herself on the ground. The student behind her was clawing at her face and only years of martial arts training could keep her teeth from penetrating the neck. Before the adrenaline could hit her a hole appeared in the berserked students head with a thunderous crack. The sudden silence rocked her, as she looked up at the bearded professor hefting an ancient hunting rifle he always hung in the lecture hall.
 "Get up. You can't die on me, I need somebody I can trust. I knew that virus would eventually get out of it's latent stage, so stick with me and you should be safe. It's not every day you get to experience the zombie apocalypse."

A shitty thing to get the idea across.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:21 pm »

It's not every day you get to experience the zombie apocalypse.

Sigg'd
[/post]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17135 on: November 27, 2010, 10:05:14 pm »

A shitty thing to get the idea across.

I may have to write something similar for fun in the future.  Thanks for the idea.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: November 27, 2010, 10:13:05 pm »

Just doing some story you hate to do and then out of nowhere for no reason add a sci-fi twist completely straightfaced.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17137 on: November 27, 2010, 10:20:53 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:23:54 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17138 on: November 27, 2010, 11:23:05 pm »

I offended EVERYONE yay...

:(

Not exactly sure why

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17139 on: November 27, 2010, 11:24:42 pm »

Not exactly sure why
because you stood up for the crazy side in the Rage of the week/year thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17140 on: November 27, 2010, 11:33:54 pm »

Not exactly sure why

:(  :-\

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: November 27, 2010, 11:34:26 pm »

Not exactly sure why
It happens. :-\

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #17142 on: November 28, 2010, 12:18:15 am »

Not exactly sure why

:( :-\
He does have a point. Still, I have nothing against you expressing your opinion.
[/post]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17143 on: November 28, 2010, 12:45:37 am »

I have nothing against you expressing your opinion

I don't know what oppinion that people think/know I expressed.

A lot of the time I don't express myself well. If I had an idea that people understood and just hated me for it anyhow, I'd probably just be pissed rather then sad. Judging by some of the posts in the thread however, I know at least a few do not.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #17144 on: November 28, 2010, 12:48:01 am »

I have nothing against you expressing your opinion

I don't know what oppinion that people think/know I expressed.

A lot of the time I don't express myself well. If I had an idea that people understood and just hated me for it anyhow, I'd probably just be pissed rather then sad. Judging by some of the posts in the thread however, I know at least a few do not.

For what it's worth my newb-ass was neither offended nor confused by what you said.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 8168