Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499090 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16995 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:12 pm »

Apparently some families actually love eachother and enjoy seeing eachother.

Hahahaha.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: November 24, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

can't sleep
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: November 24, 2010, 11:18:02 pm »

First day of work... ugh.  Got the impression that the driver really didn't like me at all.  Me and all my "this is my first day working and apparently the people who trained me expected the driver to train me how to use the device."  And the driver was supposed to have my uniform (a coat, so changing into it wouldn't be a problem), so yeah I was the UPS guy out there with a black coat and jeans >_>

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: November 24, 2010, 11:27:36 pm »

When I got home today there was a box on my porch full of canned goods and a turkey.

:]
Huzzah!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16999 on: November 24, 2010, 11:27:43 pm »

This is relevant to the holiday discussion above.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: November 25, 2010, 12:42:49 am »

Bleh.  Am I depressed, or just tired?  I don't know.  I'm betting on depressed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: November 25, 2010, 12:46:37 am »

I hope you feel better soon Vector. Have a happy thanksgiving.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: November 25, 2010, 12:49:18 am »

No vanilla, no vegetable oil... and I can't reasonably get any at this time of night. Substitution time, I suppose.

Also, trying to find a way to broach the topic of sharing work around the apartment. I feel like I do all the maintenance jobs around here, excepting what laundry isn't mine... so the honor system isn't cutting it. We need another system.

Some food and rest helped me to get out of my latest funk, as well as having a project to do. Give things a once-over, and see if you think one of those might be a remedy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: November 25, 2010, 12:52:38 am »

No vanilla, no vegetable oil... and I can't reasonably get any at this time of night. Substitution time, I suppose.

Also, trying to find a way to broach the topic of sharing work around the apartment. I feel like I do all the maintenance jobs around here, excepting what laundry isn't mine... so the honor system isn't cutting it. We need another system.

Is there some hidden finesse to this skill I'm unaware of? Just be upfront about it.

I mean, I'm not sure how things are handled in your area, but being blunt about such mundane matters is simply the most practical pleasure you can have in your everyday life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: November 25, 2010, 12:57:13 am »

Some food and rest helped me to get out of my latest funk, as well as having a project to do. Give things a once-over, and see if you think one of those might be a remedy.

It's not a food, rest, or project problem.  I've been taking substantially better care of myself recently than I usually do.

It's probably partially an I hate my extended family problem.

At least I know how I feel about things, so that I'm not going back to school completely delusional.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: November 25, 2010, 01:07:31 am »

Is there some hidden finesse to this skill I'm unaware of? Just be upfront about it.

I mean, I'm not sure how things are handled in your area, but being blunt about such mundane matters is simply the most practical pleasure you can have in your everyday life.

I've broached it several times before, and I've seen little change. The dishes that my roommate continually assured me he would get soon have remained in the sink, unwashed for at least 3 days. After I barked at him before headed out today, he "started" them... which literally entailed moving 4 glasses from the sink to the dishwasher, and leaving the rest in the sink. He has since busied himself playing Call of Duty. Since I'm cooking tonight, I needed them done... so I "finished" putting them in the dishwasher for him, and handwashed what I needed... took me about 5 minutes. Thus, I have a small Angry at present.

The problem, as far as I can figure, is that this is my roomie's first time out of his home, so I think he's used to having other people take care of these things for him. Additionally, he doesn't cook, so a lack of clean dishware doesn't really affect him. Still, I do, and it's a pain in the ass to have to rely on him to clean dishes when it's his turn, which usually results in either me waiting for days, or doing them myself. Me being who I am, I tend to do them and bring it up with him later in hopes that it clicks. I don't think he's ever vacuumed or cleaned the bathroom, sinks, or so on either... which is a whole different thing.

So yeah, I could chew him out now, to be sure... but that doesn't seem to help, and I don't want to escalate it into an argument. What I really need for my long-term sanity is a system of chore-sharing that would split things up fairly, get things done in a timely way, and carry some kind of incentives with it. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:09:28 am by Solifuge »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:51 am »

Chore wars should get the job done. For a while, anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: November 25, 2010, 02:40:09 am »

Ugghh, I had terrible nightmares last night, now I feel both sick and depressed...
*Hugs*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: November 25, 2010, 03:51:38 am »

Today is a deppressing day indeed. I'm feeling the worst I've done in a long time, and have noone left to get attention from.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: November 25, 2010, 06:13:34 am »

I slept badly yesterday, and thus woke up late today.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 8168