Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498657 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16965 on: November 24, 2010, 01:21:29 am »

I don't know if it's because of my wisdom tooth or not, but recently (for the past 2 days it started) the left side of my jaw has been bothering me, and hurting pretty bad, and it also felt like the webbing of my jaw covers up to the front-most molar. Doesn't help that it feels like the hydraulics of my mouth are shot (meaning I barely have any bite pressure, open or close), my teeth aren't lined up precisely for the time being (thanks to the swelling, they're just a tad off), and I can barely open my mouth to eat anything. My ear also feels cramped beyond reason, and I can't seem to crack it either to relieve pressure. I even brushed my teeth to see what can be done. It temporarily fixed the problem (but that's probably because I saw something like dried blood come out of the region; I must've removed some dead gum cells from the breaching), but it came back about an hour ago (at least it took a minimum of 4 hours for the pain and problems to return).

While I've been trying to rehabilitate it when it felt safe to (which allowed me to have dinner at least with few problems), things have gone well (except while trying to eat an apple right now), and then the pain comes back. Last thing I want is to get anything removed from my head, both for physical and financial reasons. I'm going to brush my teeth once more, focusing on that area, since that worked last time, and should also disinfect the area before I sleep. I'm hoping this will clear out before Thanksgiving. I intend to eat.

Seeing as it all came out of nowhere, and occurred and blew over last time, I would assume (and hope) it is a temporary issue. Alongside, after much of the swelling went down, I noticed a swollen gland may have been around to assist in the problem, so hopefully once that's gone, I should heal up swiftly again. Would make sense since a sickness recently struck. Unfortunately, this could also mean I'll most likely become sick by Thanksgiving, which will suck. If I do recover my ability to eat properly, I'll have a cold, but if I don't get sick, then I'll probably still have a really limited range to eat with. Yeah, the next few days are gonna be fun.

I'm just hoping it's just a short series of oral growing pains that'll soon pass. And before judging that I might have bad teeth, they looked rather fine, outside a couple spots that have been there for ages (and I think I see them healing over. I'm not kidding. And these are cavities I'm talking about; visible ones while at it.). But aside all that, they're fine, straight, and rather (naturally) white, despite a lack of what people would consider proper dental care. Unusually, I have the worst habits that would be a cause for many problems, but they look just fine; hell, better than fine. Probably the best condition I've seen them in eons. So yeah, if I end up being able to eat properly for Thanksgiving in the next couple days, I'll be plenty thankful for that.

FAKEEDIT:
And no later than when I finished writing all this, my mouth is falling back to it's old form again (range and all). So yeah, here's to hoping things heal up for good again. And apple, you're finished. ;D

EDIT:
And with application of an icepack, I have figured that it was a combo effort of both a wisdom tooth breach and a swollen gland that's been causing me all this trouble. By my estimates, I should be fully healed and ready to be a glutton by Thanksgiving. YAY!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:37:16 am by Itnetlolor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: November 24, 2010, 01:31:12 am »

Alongside, after much of the swelling went down, I noticed a swollen gland may have been around to assist in the problem, so hopefully once that's gone,

Was the swelling behind your jaw, under the ear?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16967 on: November 24, 2010, 01:38:34 am »

Alongside, after much of the swelling went down, I noticed a swollen gland may have been around to assist in the problem, so hopefully once that's gone,

Was the swelling behind your jaw, under the ear?
Under the ear, between the jaw and throat. Closer to the throat and near the hinge joint. That was also with a swollen jawline webbing that was limiting my bite range.

EDIT:
Sorry about the rapid editing. But yeah, I can fit the edge of an icepack in this gap. But where the hinge is is a pain zone (feels more like an accidentaly bitten spot that just decided to bother me now by swelling where my teeth meet.), and where the lymph node is within the lower jaw is where it swelled up especially. Fortunately, as I type, things are improving again, provided I keep the ice pack on it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:45:18 am by Itnetlolor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: November 24, 2010, 01:44:55 am »

I think you might have mumps.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16969 on: November 24, 2010, 01:50:32 am »

I think you might have mumps.
Doing a search on it, [sarcasm]well that's a shock.[/sarcasm]

It figures. Must've come from one of my nieces or nephew visiting, then jumping to my siblings, and then fought to take me down. Not to brag, but I'm rather resilient. I mean, most of the viruses/illnesses that hit the household either don't hit me, or takes a week or 2 after everyone's healed up to finally make me show symptoms of something going wrong. Just like this case, as it turns out. I think my sister was hit by it last week. Healing time also takes fewer days in my cases usually. So yeah, I'm not shocked in the least about this. More annoyed and inconvenienced, but at least I'm certain that I should be good to eat by turkey time.

EDIT:
I suppose that now my subconscious knows what it is more accurately as well, it'll take it's own actions to speed up healing even more; silly as that sounds. Thanks for the diagnosis BTW.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:57:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16970 on: November 24, 2010, 01:59:26 am »

Maybe it just hurts less now that it isn't some mystery illness you are dwelling on.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16971 on: November 24, 2010, 02:08:31 am »

Maybe it just hurts less now that it isn't some mystery illness you are dwelling on.
That could also be the case. Kinda like when you discover what something really is (like a monster is a guy in a suit with an obvious flaw or zipper), it loses it's hold on you (IE- it's no longer as scary).

And while on that note, I'm not kidding, I can already feel the end of the problem coming real soon. But just to play it safe, I'm still going to do another brushing and not flex/massage it before I sleep.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: November 24, 2010, 02:59:35 am »

Got suckered into playing just one more game of Civ IV: Colonoscopy.  Discovered it was entirely impossible to pull off a revolution unless I knew exactly what I was doing.  GUIDE DANG IT.

Firefox also doesn't like the word 'colonoscopy.'

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: November 24, 2010, 03:19:25 pm »

*I* don't like the word, either.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: November 24, 2010, 03:26:42 pm »

So today I had my paramedic exam.

I aced the first 3 theoretical parts of the exam.
It was shocking to see, that they were designed to be easy, after how much work I had with all the material.
In my opinon it is insulting to get an A, for knowing nearly everything and only a B, for knowing next to nothing.

But that's not the part I'm upset about.

So my co-worker, which I had trained with for weeks, for the two practical parts of the exams told me off at the last moment.
Well I asked another person I had known from the theoretical course, to help me out.
So I passed the first practical exam, got an A and lif is good, right?
Wrong.

He was actually working together with another co-worker and was allowed to help me out after he passed the exams himself, as there was no other single person to form a group with.
Unfortunately his group failed the next exam and they refused to help me in the last practical part.
I didn't take offense at his decline, as I can imageine how depressed they must have felt.

My other two co-workers, including the back-stabbing bastard, which I had helped to learn for the theoretical part of the exam, declined my plea,  stating that they were "not in the mood".
I spend the next hours looking for someone to team up with.

5 hours passed and I was starving, as the examiners forbade us to leave the building to get something to eat.
I ended up with a randomly assigned partner, which already had passed his exams and probably couldn't care less about mine.
So while I was occupied with my part (checking for trauma, taking care of the patient etc), he missed a crucial detail and I didn't realized it until it was too late.
Well and since it was group work, blame was shared and I failed that part.

Ah, the injustice!
I nearly cried, because of humiliation, anger and wrongfulness :(

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »

my tummy hurts and it makes me sad :C

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: November 24, 2010, 03:33:14 pm »

That really really sucks, Mindmaker :/
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: November 24, 2010, 03:42:08 pm »

Geez that sucks, Mindmaker. Do you know why your partner blew you off? Also, are you going to be able to make up for that exam? I hope you can get a fair shot at it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »

Also, are you going to be able to make up for that exam?

I get a chance to make up for it this friday.
The only thing I have to do, is figuring out how I get to the place where the exam will be taking place in time.
Should be manageable though.

Do you know why your partner blew you off?

Because he's a douche.
That's my nearest guess.

They've been making fun of me before.
About me reading books, using high german instead of dialect, failing at using slang etc.
I blame the educational gap, between the vocational schools and secondary education (I hope nobody takes offense in that, it's just that I had a lot of bad experiences with those people and statistics show, that the education there is quite poor in my country).

It's not that I'm trying to belittle them, but I simply can't see reason in their attitude.
Whenever I try to be nice and friendly to others, I always seem to end up as their whipping boy.

It's just that I'll be stuck with them for another 7 months and I just wanted to fit-in.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:51:52 pm by Mindmaker »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:03 pm »

Goddammit Thanksgiving :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 8168