Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498737 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16845 on: November 22, 2010, 12:20:12 am »

I believe that counts as "has to be accurate." But you can still make up small things to personalize it. Do you at least remember what you sang?
Well yes, buts more of a How Do You Think You Did then What Did You Do.

And I am virtually incapable of critiquing people over singing.

Well, how specific do you have to get? If you know what you sang then you know what parts of the songs are tough. you can just say something like "haha yeah, i never can hold that f in blow me on down the mountain."
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: November 22, 2010, 12:23:15 am »

Well we're being marked on this so I'm trying to put lots of detail into it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #16847 on: November 22, 2010, 12:44:51 am »

Well yeah, but I'm saying, you know where you have trouble (if you have trouble at all) in the songs. So just assume that on those parts you didn't perform as well as you could have. Or that you did well on any parts you are especially good at. Focus on your general performance and not the specific instance.

I dunno jack about singing, but I'd say something like "in jow-meney i did well with the verse, but that C7 to Gm7add9 in the chorus really messed me up, especially the first time."

Still counts as making shit up, though.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:46:42 am by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: November 22, 2010, 01:45:50 am »

Curses.

One cup of tea at 11:30 and I'm wired some 9.5 hours later.  Guess I'm not drinking that brand, anymore, because it makes me crazy.

I'm intensely curious as to what brand this is, if only because I'm imagining one of those 5-hour energy commercials, except more along the lines of:

"NINE HOUR ENERGY! GIVES YOU ENERGY, NINE HOURS FROM NOW!"

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: November 22, 2010, 01:51:57 am »

I had to give up on Civilization IV: Colonization.  It's just too boring.  Micromanaging nightmare.  You have to micromanage food, ore, wood, leather, tools, weapons, sugar, rum, cloth, clothes, cotton, and more.  Most have to be shipped to Europe or to the Indians, while tools and weapons have to micromanaged around because they're used in important buildings and units.  You have to fiddle which units work which squares, and unit types can make the difference between a starving city and a well fed one.  And getting access to skilled blacksmiths, gunsmiths, and ore miners is 100% chance: you have to immigrate them from Europe, and if they aren't available at the time, you either buy out or fiddle with units again to get another randomly picked unit.  Sure, once you get one of each, you can start educating units into those fields, but until then, you've got nothing.

At least the Indians are good for educating units with fishing and farming :/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16850 on: November 22, 2010, 02:10:21 am »

I'm intensely curious as to what brand this is, if only because I'm imagining one of those 5-hour energy commercials, except more along the lines of:

"NINE HOUR ENERGY! GIVES YOU ENERGY, NINE HOURS FROM NOW!"

It was Stash chai tea.  I'll note that I'm also extremely sensitive to caffeine, so this may have just been my wonky internal chemistry acting up again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: November 22, 2010, 02:12:16 am »

Caffeine has no effect on me.
Only reason I drink coffee is because it tastes delicious.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: November 22, 2010, 02:32:13 am »

Caffeine, I just can't tell anymore. I know it helps some.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: November 22, 2010, 02:54:52 am »

Things that made you sad today.

Apathy. Total and complete. I just don't see a point for anything anymore even though I know I should. What's wrong with me?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: November 22, 2010, 02:58:37 am »

Fight Apathy!!! (or, y'know, don't...)
*Hugs*

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: November 22, 2010, 07:41:04 am »

Apparently I'm not as awesome as I thought I was.  My RL friends have kind of all run off.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: November 22, 2010, 08:06:42 am »

Fuck 'em. Who needs friends.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16857 on: November 22, 2010, 08:26:50 am »

I think it was Socrates who said that very few people that you meet will deserve to be called "friends", even if in general you get along with them fine.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: November 22, 2010, 09:14:34 am »

I had to give up on Civilization IV: Colonization.  It's just too boring.  Micromanaging nightmare.  You have to micromanage food, ore, wood, leather, tools, weapons, sugar, rum, cloth, clothes, cotton, and more.  Most have to be shipped to Europe or to the Indians, while tools and weapons have to micromanaged around because they're used in important buildings and units.  You have to fiddle which units work which squares, and unit types can make the difference between a starving city and a well fed one.  And getting access to skilled blacksmiths, gunsmiths, and ore miners is 100% chance: you have to immigrate them from Europe, and if they aren't available at the time, you either buy out or fiddle with units again to get another randomly picked unit.  Sure, once you get one of each, you can start educating units into those fields, but until then, you've got nothing.

At least the Indians are good for educating units with fishing and farming :/

Yeah, I was massively disappointed with Civ IV: Colonization, considering the original Colonization was solid. Check out FreeCol, an open source clone of the original.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16859 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30:34 am »

Yeah, I was massively disappointed with Civ IV: Colonization, considering the original Colonization was solid. Check out FreeCol, an open source clone of the original.
Wait, is it actually playable now?  Because I saw that years ago and it looked like total vaporware.  If it's fully functional I will play the SHIT out of that game.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 8168