Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499284 times)

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16815 on: November 21, 2010, 12:25:24 am »

Apparently to keep the pipes from freezing while almost everyone was away on break, the cold water in the pipes has been replaced with hot water. It's not too bad when it comes to drinking, since the water in the pipes is cool enough for a few seconds of water. But for taking a shower, there is now just one temperature; and with almost everyone gone and not using hot water, that one temperature happens to be scalding. This week is going to be smellier than I had anticipated. >_>
When I discovered Dwarf Fortress, I forgot to bathe for a week.  If you aren't as disgusting as me, you could always take baths instead.  Just fill up the tub and let the water cool off until you have your desired temperature. Of course if you don't have access to a tub you may be out of luck.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: November 21, 2010, 12:36:37 am »

Apparently to keep the pipes from freezing while almost everyone was away on break, the cold water in the pipes has been replaced with hot water. It's not too bad when it comes to drinking, since the water in the pipes is cool enough for a few seconds of water. But for taking a shower, there is now just one temperature; and with almost everyone gone and not using hot water, that one temperature happens to be scalding. This week is going to be smellier than I had anticipated. >_>
When I discovered Dwarf Fortress, I forgot to bathe for a week.  If you aren't as disgusting as me, you could always take baths instead.  Just fill up the tub and let the water cool off until you have your desired temperature. Of course if you don't have access to a tub you may be out of luck.
First of all, this is a college dorm... no tub. Secondly, even if there was a tub, I wouldn't dare go within 10 feet of it for fear of getting a disease. There's a very good reason no one goes barefoot into the shower.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: November 21, 2010, 12:51:14 am »

I'm sad because nobody is posting in my text adventure thread, and it was just about to get good x-x

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: November 21, 2010, 12:59:37 am »

Why don't you advertise it in the sad thread?  Make sure to put a link as well!  Or tell us it's in your sig!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16819 on: November 21, 2010, 01:15:13 am »

Now, I don't mean for Cthulhu to come in here and tell us all his sad cat stories again, but it might seem that the health and well-being of my cat Charlie is deteriorating. I'm not exactly sure why, but from my Mom's completely amateur diagnosis, Charlie is bleeding quite profusely from his mouth due to a tooth that's fallen out or something. Basically I'm not sure if he's vomiting it or if it's coming straight from his mouth, but I'm extremely worried either way. Also, he seems to be randomly losing his balance and slipping and tripping occasionally, and I don't know why. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with him.

He's a fairly old cat, who's never been taken care of very well, and was a haggard stray to begin with, but he was a good cat, and I want the best for him. I'm extremely conflicted over the possibility of his death though, because I heard that cat's won't show signs of being near death, due to some cat quirk inherent to them, and will simply choose a place to die and go there, even if it seems they're in good health in every other way. I don't know if it would be prudent to attempt to preempt any slow death he might encounter, and have him taken to be put to sleep. Either way, I'm extremely saddened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: November 21, 2010, 01:25:18 am »

Having a cat named Charlie that passed away as well it is really sad.  :[

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: November 21, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »

Something about my computer screen's cable seem to have gone iffy, and the monitor no longer receive any signals from the computer. This did not make me sad, as it is (hopefully) quite easily amended, but it did push me a bit further towards getting my own laptop. However, after a quick look-over of my options, I realise I don't really have any idea what to look for. This makes me feel sad and old. I'm too young to feel old!

Now, I don't mean for Cthulhu to come in here and tell us all his sad cat stories again, but it might seem that the health and well-being of my cat Charlie is deteriorating. I'm not exactly sure why, but from my Mom's completely amateur diagnosis, Charlie is bleeding quite profusely from his mouth due to a tooth that's fallen out or something. Basically I'm not sure if he's vomiting it or if it's coming straight from his mouth, but I'm extremely worried either way. Also, he seems to be randomly losing his balance and slipping and tripping occasionally, and I don't know why. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with him.

He's a fairly old cat, who's never been taken care of very well, and was a haggard stray to begin with, but he was a good cat, and I want the best for him. I'm extremely conflicted over the possibility of his death though, because I heard that cat's won't show signs of being near death, due to some cat quirk inherent to them, and will simply choose a place to die and go there, even if it seems they're in good health in every other way. I don't know if it would be prudent to attempt to preempt any slow death he might encounter, and have him taken to be put to sleep. Either way, I'm extremely saddened.
I feel your pain. Having lost two cats myself, I know it's never easy.
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:59 pm »

I'm nervous about the paramedic exam I'll be having at wednesday.
And that's awful.
Even when I'm well prepared, nervousness causes me to screw up badly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: November 21, 2010, 03:39:52 pm »

None of my .31.18 characters have been able to pass the Awesomesauce Threshold. Damnit, I want to slaughter my pocket world already!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: November 21, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »

I'm finding myself writing head fanfiction for my Stick Ranger characters. I'm probably playing this game too much.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: November 21, 2010, 06:14:29 pm »

Yumi's away now. I miss her already, blehh :(
*Hugs*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16826 on: November 21, 2010, 07:20:47 pm »

Every time I read SMBC my suspicion that it's horrible grows stronger.

What a shame.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: November 21, 2010, 08:06:33 pm »

One Piece has touched my soul deeply.  Holy crap man.

My eyes hurt now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:09:39 pm by ToonyMan »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: November 21, 2010, 10:22:36 pm »

Holiday music. This time of year has always been horribly depressing, even from the time I was a little kid. I've never really been able to pinpoint why exactly, but everything's just so damned depressing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: November 21, 2010, 11:43:44 pm »

Trying to grow a mustache for Movember.

90% Of the hair is translucent.

Dear lord it creeps me out whenever I see it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 8168