Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499262 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16605 on: November 17, 2010, 11:27:01 pm »

YUSS

Emprah's Chillins up in this hizzouse
Shoes...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16606 on: November 18, 2010, 12:59:56 am »

dear essay please tell me we are on the final stretch

i can only work on you for so long

:|

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16607 on: November 18, 2010, 01:09:27 am »

Over the past week or so, I've had this overwhelming desire to fight someone. Now, I'm not going to, but the...hunger, for lack of a better word, is still there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16608 on: November 18, 2010, 01:12:37 am »

Over the past week or so, I've had this overwhelming desire to fight someone. Now, I'm not going to, but the...hunger, for lack of a better word, is still there.
Umm, does an internet argument count?

*ahem*

Your religion (or lack thereof) is stupid!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16609 on: November 18, 2010, 01:12:50 am »

I just started my 13th book since school has started.

That is not a good number.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16610 on: November 18, 2010, 01:13:44 am »

Umm, does an internet argument count?

*ahem*

Your religion (or lack thereof) is stupid!

I frown on your choice of lifestyle! Your behaviour is probably disrespectful to me or someone I know!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16611 on: November 18, 2010, 01:50:17 am »

My right leg has fallen asleep, and will not awaken fully. I assume this has somthing to do with my repeated calf muscle cramps and moderate sleep depravation.

Nontheless, my absolute rule will not be subverted.

This is treason, treason you hear me! How ironically appropriate that this would happen as I write about the United States Civil War!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16612 on: November 18, 2010, 02:41:48 am »

Maybe I should write about horticulture in space, with a mutant zombie twist and lots of zombie/flower sex.

Believe it or not such a thing exists. I recall a sci-fi novel about a plant that attracted victims by puffing around sex pheromones.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16613 on: November 18, 2010, 02:55:44 am »

Things that made me sad today:

Maybe I should write about horticulture in space, with a mutant zombie twist and lots of zombie/flower sex.

Believe it or not such a thing exists. I recall a sci-fi novel about a plant that attracted victims by puffing around sex pheromones.

There went my millions, and my billions =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16614 on: November 18, 2010, 03:01:12 am »

Just do some Treant rape scenes.
*Hugs*

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16615 on: November 18, 2010, 03:06:45 am »

I'm out of cigarettes, and I just drank my last beer. :'(
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16616 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:25 am »

4am tacos... or 4am taco salad?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16617 on: November 18, 2010, 03:23:00 am »

Yeah and then you got killed in melee by a guardsman.

He was a planet-stomping, Librarian-munching, no afraiding demigod, and he died by a rifle-butt to the face.  And then I killed that dude with my appropriated Warboss.  First and best game evar.

You know what?  We all have end-on-semester doldrums and then winter break coming up.  We all know we have no other commitments.  I think it's time we got the band back together.  Let's do this like Buddhists, and rock out with your grimdark out.  Or something; point is, we need to stop pining for the old days.

;~;

ino rite?  I feel doublebad because he got banned in a thread I started.

I have his AIM, and still have regular chats with him. Hell, we're starting a new D&D game this Friday.

Vassal Tourny was my little scheme, let down by the entire rack of competitors no being able to get time aside for the matches.

Livestream was fun, I'll have to start preparing my own things to do on my channel.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16618 on: November 18, 2010, 03:50:13 am »

So. Where to start.

September 25th, there was a bit of an incident. Drunk driver. Really, drunk driver. Not me, the other guy. Leg crushed. Couple broken ribs. Expected assortment of contusions and cuts from the glass. Couple third degree burns from the seatbelt. I'm lucky to be alive, again. I got out of the hospital sometime in early October, I can't remember a lot of specifics right now, too tired. Always tired, now. Short, legal slaughter on the driver when my Dad's lawyers swooped in. He never stood a chance. I don't feel like getting into specifics anyway.

Recently, my dear friend passed away, abruptly, around the past couple months that I've been largely absent from this community and some of my friends online's lives. Cancer. No one knew. Spread too far. I don't fucking know how that even happens. His wife, I suspect unintentionally, overdoses on her medication. Too many pills. Too many different kinds. Too much stress. Figure it out. Their daughter was my god daughter.

Her grandparents stepped in and vied for custody. I won, but I'm not really happy because of it. No, not because I'm an ass, for once, because her life is ruined and there's -nothing- I can do to make it better that I haven't already tried for weeks. I'm planning on moving us to a different city at some point, soon I hope. We're not staying where we are now, for more than a year or two. I've been walking with the help of a cane recently, so I can put some pressure on my leg again, but I just mostly sit, and watch, and run things on my end.

My heart goes out to all of my good friends, the ones I've made in my time spent in this community. You know who you are. I'm just keeping on what keeps on.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16619 on: November 18, 2010, 03:59:09 am »

Jesus.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 8168