Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499257 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16500 on: November 17, 2010, 11:11:28 am »

Spent time set aside working for college playing Dwarf Fortress...

This is happening a lot more that I'd like it to.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16501 on: November 17, 2010, 12:08:29 pm »

So tired...everything's so much more stressful and situational when you're tired.

In a couple of weeks I'll be out of debt, but my work is killing my upper back, to the point it's unbearable for the 36 hours in three day's time. I don't know if it's okay to take more than three asprin and advil in 12 hours' time. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a doctor visit soon to figure it out.

After I get everything straightened out, I can finally buy a six pack of Killian's Irish Red and relax with some movies or something.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16502 on: November 17, 2010, 12:23:19 pm »

Go to the chiropractor.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: November 17, 2010, 12:24:42 pm »

*urk*
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: November 17, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »

Why oh why must my teachers insist on assigning new work to be due immediately after I finish other work? This was supposed to be my big week off after the hell that was the last month or so and before all my end-of-semester stuff starts rushing in, and I've spent the whole thing at the library.

Oh well. Off to write the third essay of the week.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16505 on: November 17, 2010, 01:01:57 pm »

Why oh why must my teachers insist on assigning new work to be due immediately after I finish other work? This was supposed to be my big week off after the hell that was the last month or so and before all my end-of-semester stuff starts rushing in, and I've spent the whole thing at the library.

This. :(

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: November 17, 2010, 01:31:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:55:05 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16507 on: November 17, 2010, 01:34:29 pm »

I just conversed with my English teacher, said multiple racist things about the Roma people, and then I spewed some Nihilist garbage.

And he doesn't hate me.

This will be a fun year.

Wait shit this is the sad thread.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: November 17, 2010, 01:40:52 pm »

Realmie, I thought you were Canadian?
Of course, nothing's stopping Canadians from hating at Romani. I was just surprised to see those prejudices over the Atlantic as well. Don't know why, though. :(
Love, scriver~

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:36 pm »

This. :(

I always hate professors who say, "Well, the weekend/break/whatever is coming up, so since you won't have much to do, here's a huge project due when you get back." Because every professor does this. So that breaks involve more work than when school is actually in session. BLARGH

Indeed.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16510 on: November 17, 2010, 01:43:21 pm »

Of course, nothing's stopping Canadians from hating at Romani. I was just surprised to see those prejudices over the Atlantic as well. Don't know why, though. :(

I was just repeating what I heard from some European guy over the internet about how they park there caravans in the middle of town and just start throwing there shit everywhere.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: November 17, 2010, 01:45:08 pm »

Go to the chiropractor.
I've been told they are not the best to go to, though I've heard different opinions on them. I really need to find a normal doctor first, since I'm still with a paediatrician. I'm a big boy now, and it's time to go to the grown-ups doctor.

Would a chiropractor be able to diagnose a back and shoulder problem, or are they some sort of quick-fix deal?

On a separate note, the wet leaves have turned into an unsolvable problem  (rant)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These leaves are becoming Serious Business and is already becoming fuel to my mother's belief that I'm being lazy and irresponsible. I see no solution unless it doesn't rain on Monday and I can rake them up after a few hours of sleep from the weekend job.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:49 pm »

I was just repeating what I heard from some European guy over the internet about how they park there caravans in the middle of town and just start throwing there shit everywhere.
Oh, I misread. I thought he said racist things, when it was you.
Now I'm not quite sure what to say.
Love, scriver~

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: November 17, 2010, 01:47:35 pm »

You could just go with the time honored "People suck"

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: November 17, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

Have downed two full pots of coffee already today and I still feel exhausted. Making some more. I will stay up as long as this essay takes.
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 8168