Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499551 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16440 on: November 16, 2010, 10:50:24 pm »

Well, it is a very good movie.

I am very sorry.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16441 on: November 16, 2010, 11:10:03 pm »

At nights we have family prayer, because we can't do it in the mornings. During todays the dog started getting really irritable and barking a lot. I knew he had to go outside, but my father said not to because he would bark and he doesn't want to be the family with the barking dog outside late at night, and he was too tired to have somebody go outside with a leash. So he just closed the door on him downstairs despite our pleas.
 He promptly pooped all over the floor.

Things don't magically turn out for the best for you. The dog isn't barking because he wants to disrupt us, and you telling him to sit while he is already sitting is just silly. And if you had any sense of justice you would be the one responsible for cleaning this up, but I know you would just put it off for tomorrow while it stinks up the entire downstairs area, including where I sleep, thus forcing me to do it myself.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16442 on: November 16, 2010, 11:13:13 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that Duke.  :[

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16443 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:51 pm »

Verily, that is full of suck.

The other thing that is full of suck is my English class, where the helpful comments included "the climax needs to be that she discovers she loves [her at-that-point-ex], because she's neurotic and incapable of love" and "she needs to bone the professor."

Thanks, guys.  I really needed my mental landscape to be just that much more squicktacular.

On the other hand, the guy who was being an ass has stopped being an ass and demonstrated some self-awareness... so if this was because you happened to be reading this thread (?), thanks dude.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16444 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:27 pm »

I found a mangled umbrella earlier today. I think it had gotten run over by a car, since it was sitting right where a parking lot connected to a street. I had picked it up since I didn't know it was mangled and broken, so I ended up having to throw it away. I felt kind of bad about that.

I feel kind of silly for feeling bad about throwing away a mangled umbrella.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16445 on: November 16, 2010, 11:48:15 pm »

It would be hilarious if the professor suggested boning the professor.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16446 on: November 16, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »

Half sad half hilarious. and perhaps an extra half creepy, for that creepiness has no place within the bounds of the whole of anything.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16447 on: November 16, 2010, 11:50:28 pm »

I think it was the professor's wife.  The professor got this weird smile and said "Yeeeeeah, that's great!"

Then someone in the back shouted: "Seriously, have you read the description of this guy?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16448 on: November 16, 2010, 11:52:40 pm »

Sure its sad and creepy, but they add to instead of detract from the hilarity.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16449 on: November 16, 2010, 11:55:19 pm »

This is probably so old, but whatever.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16450 on: November 17, 2010, 12:03:10 am »

The other thing that is full of suck is my English class, where the helpful comments included "the climax needs to be that she discovers she loves [her at-that-point-ex], because she's neurotic and incapable of love" and "she needs to bone the professor."
Is that still one of the 'personal stories'? Because if so, then they just said that you are neurotic, incapable of love, and that you should bone your professor. Not the most polite thing to say to someone, I'd think.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16451 on: November 17, 2010, 12:08:26 am »

Is that still one of the 'personal stories'? Because if so, then they just said that you are neurotic, incapable of love, and that you should bone your professor. Not the most polite thing to say to someone, I'd think.

Yeah, this along with the comment that the character is boring and flat, and no one is interested in her  ::)  "Why would we want to hear about an intellectual nerd?  That's BORING!"

Thanks, guys, I figured that one out a few years ago.

In more seriousness, I'm going to write an outline for something else.  They can't seem to handle the fact that the story a. involves math, period and b. doesn't have any sex or violence.  So, I guess I'll write out the fairy tale version or something, and give a billion points to anyone who can recognize it once I'm done.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16452 on: November 17, 2010, 12:10:11 am »

Use math as symbolic metaphors.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16453 on: November 17, 2010, 12:16:01 am »

Use density as a metaphor for love.
(It's a visual pun, write it as a fraction)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16454 on: November 17, 2010, 12:17:22 am »

Love=Mass/volume?

I think I get it...
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 8168