Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500467 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16380 on: November 15, 2010, 03:05:36 pm »

I don't dislike my past self. I do think that I have clearer perspectives upon some things, but my past selves were pivotal in those insights. And you cannot truly begrudge yourself, or anyone, for that matter not knowing something before you learn it, I think
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: November 15, 2010, 04:06:20 pm »

Me: (meekly) "It made sense when I was a kid...."
D'aaaaaaaaaww!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: November 15, 2010, 04:40:28 pm »

Civil service can be hard, if you posess a strong sense of empathy :(

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16383 on: November 15, 2010, 05:39:38 pm »

I am also guilty of Karkat-like past self loathing.  I can't think of myself any further back than a few months without cringing.
I try to think of it positively... "Man, it's so great I'm not like that anymore".

And... if I didn't screw up back then, I probably never would've learned not to do that.  After all, that's part of what teenage years are for.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16384 on: November 15, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »

Somebody let the dog into my room and he messed up a bunch of stuff. Nobody will admit to letting him in though. And the lightbulb is out and we don't have any replacements, so cleaning up will be difficult.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:58 pm »

I'm angry.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: November 15, 2010, 05:56:05 pm »

I'm angry.

*huggles*

Alternatively; *soothing phrases related to the cause of the anger, making it seems silly to be angry.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: November 15, 2010, 06:01:25 pm »

Thanks... *hug*

I'm feeling a bit better, now, but it's going to take some work to calm down all the way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: November 15, 2010, 06:02:12 pm »

Creative writing related?  Family related?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16389 on: November 15, 2010, 06:03:23 pm »

My internet is being a piece of crap. Again. After a long period of behaving.

Fuck you internet.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: November 15, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »

I lost my scientific calculator, my new ski jacket, my notes, and my grandfather has to take medicine for the first time in his life. Bluh.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: November 15, 2010, 06:15:56 pm »

I have the makings of a mullet.

GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #16392 on: November 15, 2010, 06:18:56 pm »

General academic stress that comes hand-in-hand with EXAM TIEM
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:52 pm »

Creative writing related?  Family related?

Life-situation related, as well as (probably) lack-of-food related.

Woke up at nine, ran around the house trying desperately to get to class on time and do all the other stuff I had to do while shouting the time we had left before we had to leave to my mom.  She meandered around, making comments on how she didn't like the tone of my voice and picking herself up a book, and so on.  I ran to the car with two pieces of bread, barefoot.  She spent the rest of the trip yelling at me for being late and failing to adequately inform her about the situation.

Went to class.  Spent pretty much the entire two hours yelling and arguing, because that's the sort of scene I was cast in.

Came back from class.  Told my mom about a lizard I saw.  Got yelled at for not making conversation when she decided she wanted to ask about my theater class, and I took a couple of seconds remembering what had happened.  Riposte.  Moved on to talking about theater class--said two or three sentences.  Yelled at for failing to ask her about her day when she wanted me to talk about theater class.  Explained that a more productive conversation might be had if she spent more time conversing and less time critiquing.  Yelled at for strong-arming the argument and failing to let her feel like she was winning.

Finally arrived at home.  20 minute break.

Ran around getting things ready for confirming my rental stuff.  Told to hang out laundry.  Did this without complaint.  Came back in.  Informed that I was going to water the yard when we got back.  "Great," I said.

"You aren't doing enough work on the maintenance of life, especially considering that you don't want children," she said.  "You have to do more housework."

So, because I am living a smaller life to give me more time on the things I want to do, I need to spend the time I made for myself doing housework for her.

Ran around trying to get the check mailed, photocopies of stuff made, and so on.  Yelled at.

Came home.  Watered yard.  Soon to make food so that I can stop starving.

Rest of today: probably spent on chores and math, as well as being yelled at by one or both parents.  Tomorrow morning: chores and math.  Tomorrow evening: being abused in creative writing class.  I turned in three things, so there's going to be a lot of abuse.

I'm sick of obsessing over that mess with Rosewood.  I know I'm doing it because I feel displaced and I still can't believe, somehow, that it went so badly, and also because obsessing over that means that I don't have to think about my relationship with my mom.  Also because I stopped obsessing, and then suddenly I had an assignment that required me to remember all of it, and think about it, and feel how it felt, and remember what I said and did.

I'm heartsick and blah blah blah wish I had friends blah blah whine whine.  I do feel I'm friends with the folks in my theater class.  Can't take them with me to Berkeley, though.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:40 pm »

I felt pretty sick this morning, so I didn't go to school.
My friends did not like having to present for my part in a project. Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 8168