Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499959 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16095 on: November 10, 2010, 05:22:09 pm »

After reading your masterfully written prose, we shall don our ceremonial beards and demand justice from the fools who so carelessly brushed it away.

By Demand Justice I mean we'll throw Molotov cocktails at their houses.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: November 10, 2010, 05:25:34 pm »

Umm, no promises that it's actually going to be well written ehehe...
*Hugs*

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: November 10, 2010, 05:26:46 pm »

Eh, if its not I'm still throwing the Molotov cocktails.

Those things are expensive.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: November 10, 2010, 05:30:47 pm »

...expensive? What the hell kind of lunatic revolutionary are you?! You're off the Liberal Molotov Squad! Take this chain and go attack a Deth Squad officer. I...uh...need one of their uniforms for somthing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:42 pm »

Yes sir

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:38 pm »

For $50 on Steam, I can now get all the Dragon Age: Origins stuff.  The game, the expansion, and the nine content packs.  I paid like $50 for the game before and $40 or so for the expansion... only for it to be buggy and the expansion so thoroughly messes up my install that I have to reinstall the whole game for the first campaign to work.

Alkjlkrgskdfg.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16101 on: November 10, 2010, 07:44:20 pm »

For $50 on Steam, I can now get all the Dragon Age: Origins stuff.  The game, the expansion, and the nine content packs.  I paid like $50 for the game before and $40 or so for the expansion... only for it to be buggy and the expansion so thoroughly messes up my install that I have to reinstall the whole game for the first campaign to work.

Alkjlkrgskdfg.
Really, because this makes me HAPPY, because I haven't gotten it yet. But because I'm really cheap, I'm waiting for it to go on sale before I get it. Constantly prowling the Steam sales these days. I got BioShock for five dollars. Being slow on the uptake of games is sweet. Obligatory xkcd of course.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: November 11, 2010, 12:00:04 am »

I'm sad because I realized today I hate pretty much everything about the Cthulhu mythos.  It seems like people have missed the point.  It's like, you take some weird angles, throw in a cosmic horror, say the word "non-euclidean," everyone goes insane, whoa cool bro.  It feels, cheap, I guess would be the right word, like the go-to method for hack writers to make horror, and it makes me sad it's like that.

I never really bought the whole insanity thing.  It's not like some intrinsic aspect of the Outer Gods makes you go crazy when you see them.  It's not like the Outer Gods have some Insanity Field surrounding them.  Everyone seems to forget there's a reason.  It's not the outer gods, it's what they represent.  Something so big and evil that the only reason it hasn't swept aside mankind and all of its achievements is because mankind is too insignificant to warrant its attention.  You don't just flip your shit and go crazy, you realize that you are nothing, and then the despair hits when you realize everyone and everything you know is meaningless.

tl;dr Every Lovecraftian author but Lovecraft is a hack and cosmic horror is Ruined Forever
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:02:49 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: November 11, 2010, 12:17:52 am »

Damn, was hoping for luck today in Steam, but no dice.  Gotta sleep the holiday while I still have it.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16104 on: November 11, 2010, 01:15:54 am »

You don't just flip your shit and go crazy, you realize that you are nothing, and then the despair hits when you realize everyone and everything you know is meaningless.
So they make you so depressed that you go crazy.

Now why does that sound familiar?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: November 11, 2010, 09:08:13 am »

I find that the insanity angle varies on each setting. I know that in Cthulhu Tech, a stable individual can theoretically walk up to Cthulhu's darkly dreaming corpse in R'lyeh, take a picture, and walk away without losing any sanity.

Then again, Cthulhu Tech is also pretty light compared to most incarnations of the mythos, seeing as humanity acutally has a chance to survive. It's a chance beyond all odds, but that's more than we get in most settings.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:06 am »

So, I had to email one of my bosses today. Turns out, I had been added to another team without being contacted about it first. I had to gently remind him that I'll already be working 7 days a week for their parent company, going to school, and having a family.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: November 11, 2010, 09:15:38 am »

Bleh, it seems I threw out the novel attempt, I shall have to rewrite it.
*Hugs*

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: November 11, 2010, 10:27:59 am »

So, I had to email one of my bosses today. Turns out, I had been added to another team without being contacted about it first. I had to gently remind him that I'll already be working 7 days a week for their parent company, going to school, and having a family.
Whoa, that's quite a load you're carrying. What do you work in?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: November 11, 2010, 11:26:54 am »

I just drew the maps for the AFMBE campaign.  I closed Maptool, saving the maps as I went, and it simply said "Can't save, access denied" and closed anyway, losing all my work.

>:c
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 8168