Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499533 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16065 on: November 10, 2010, 10:23:01 am »

Phishers.
Shoes...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: November 10, 2010, 10:25:41 am »

Wankers?
*Hugs*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: November 10, 2010, 10:31:30 am »

Same diff.

We're still recovering from a phishing attack from last Friday. I'm hoping Info Security manages to track down the little phuckers and drop a Tactical Response team on their asses.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:32 pm »

Voluntary work at the library felt more like babysitting, I have to find something better to do. Also, it's seven pm, I just got home, and I have to write some Animal Farm paper for tomorrow's English class.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16069 on: November 10, 2010, 02:32:46 pm »

Gotta go to Open House to help out my shop today.  Not gonna get back until 8:30pm, but maybe today Steam will work good.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: November 10, 2010, 03:45:07 pm »

Bleeeeeh.  My throat hurts from shouting, and I don't want to do any more writing.  Like, ever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:35 pm »

Bleeeeeh.  My throat hurts from shouting, and I don't want to do any more writing.  Like, ever.

Would you mind to share the background of this?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: November 10, 2010, 03:49:02 pm »

First part: drama class

Second part: creative writing class is basically full of nasty-flavored people, so I don't want to share with them anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: November 10, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »

Those Dragon Ball voice actors must have had it hard too.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: November 10, 2010, 03:55:37 pm »

Oh, I see.
I thought those two things stood in correlation.

Second part: creative writing class is basically full of nasty-flavored people, so I don't want to share with them anymore.

What did they do?
Did they criticize you work in a cruel manner?

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #16075 on: November 10, 2010, 03:56:29 pm »

I remember in my creative writing class, O' some 3 years back, there were a couple of trendy bastards and the professor was an self admitted failure ("I've written a book, its just looking for a home"), that made the course more difficult than it needed to be. I would get really annoyed with the class, about our reading and what the professor chose to share with the class, and once had a "Discussion" about the movie Harvey... and whether or not Jimmy Stewart's Character was really unbalanced (Which, of course he wasn't- but of course I was the only one that saw it that way, stupid trendy post-modern bastards). Man, I hated that class.

But, in mentioning all this, I cannot help but feel I was that nasty flavored person in my class. :/

Balls.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: November 10, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »

Vector - does it involve someone making a wild assumption about you based on what you've written, and then giving probably well meaning but extremely patronising advice?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16077 on: November 10, 2010, 04:18:19 pm »

Those Dragon Ball voice actors must have had it hard too.

Yeah, apparently they got a bunch of throat polyps and stuff... boy, am I glad I decided to forget about going into voice acting.

What did they do?
Did they criticize you work in a cruel manner?

Oh, it's a big mess.  The professor's favorite words to describe me are "aggressive, arrogant, manipulative, and chickenshit."  Another guy in the class seems to have a thing for making me come off like an unsympathetic, delusional, floozy maneater.  Then there's the guy who told me my work has no audience because it mentions math (after they told me to write about a certain part of my life, which I had in fact told them contained copious amounts of math).  Apparently none of my writing has clear enough conflict, and when I write about being alienated, I alienate the audience ::)  It's too poetic, and my writing style is too intellectual, not visceral and exaggerated enough.  "Better suited for a philosophy textbook than a novel," they say.

That, and they think that when I make myself vulnerable, it's hilarious.

I think I'd be more okay with it if they stepped down the personal attacks a little.

Vector - does it involve someone making a wild assumption about you based on what you've written, and then giving probably well meaning but extremely patronising advice?

No, it has to do with someone making a wild assumption about me based on what I've written, full stop.  These people are not advice-givers, they're just insulting.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16078 on: November 10, 2010, 04:21:10 pm »

I believe that's one less professor that would be teaching by the time I was done. If that was me. That kind of behavior towards a student is simply not acceptable.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: November 10, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »

Oh, it's a big mess.  The professor's favorite words to describe me are "aggressive, arrogant, manipulative, and chickenshit."  Another guy in the class seems to have a thing for making me come off like an unsympathetic, delusional, floozy maneater.  Then there's the guy who told me my work has no audience because it mentions math (after they told me to write about a certain part of my life, which I had in fact told them contained copious amounts of math).  Apparently none of my writing has clear enough conflict, and when I write about being alienated, I alienate the audience ::)  It's too poetic, and my writing style is too intellectual, not visceral and exaggerated enough.  "Better suited for a philosophy textbook than a novel," they say.

That, and they think that when I make myself vulnerable, it's hilarious.

I think I'd be more okay with it if they stepped down the personal attacks a little.

That sounds horrible :/

I wouldn't want to go back there after this.
Not even sure how I would deal with this kind of situation.

Your work sounds interesting though.
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 8168