Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499304 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16035 on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »

Bleh.  That thread: still making me sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: November 09, 2010, 08:00:43 pm »

Just do what Luffy does and be cool about it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: November 09, 2010, 08:01:41 pm »

Just do what Luffy does and be cool about it.

Even Luffy gets mad sometimes...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:24 pm »

We're talking about something not really important.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: November 09, 2010, 08:04:44 pm »

We're talking about something not really important.

But they're being pricks...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: November 09, 2010, 08:05:38 pm »

If it's bothering you so much, maybe you should back off a bit.  Take a breather.  You've probably tried that, but sometimes we're too involved to see the forest for the trees or whatever (feel free to substitute some other aphorism), so I figure it's worth saying anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: November 09, 2010, 08:07:03 pm »

If it's bothering you so much, maybe you should back off a bit.  Take a breather.  You've probably tried that, but sometimes we're too involved to see the forest for the trees or whatever (feel free to substitute some other aphorism), so I figure it's worth saying anyway.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm kind of stuck here in front of the computer right now due to an assignment, and I hang out here to occasionally give me a break from it.  I'll be gone in an hour, though, at which point I will most happily take your advice.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: November 09, 2010, 08:23:55 pm »

See, I don't really see this as logically sound. If being smart is treated as normal then everyone would be smart but treat it as normal. Having no definition for it would just mean we wouldn't be able to gauge people on intelligence, just as much as we can't gauge people now on thasquarts. Without urhgn thasquarts has no meaning, but really there is no problems caused by people not knowing how thasquarts they are.

Everyone (I hope) is smarter then a monkey in all the ways that matter.

We don't go "Well, we're all very smart, I am very sorry I called you stupid."
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:17 pm »

A man was shot and killed in my apartment complex at 8:00 pm. It was over a pot deal gone wrong. They have reason to suspect this is related to the man who evaded the police after shooting and killing my Ex's roommate last year.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: November 09, 2010, 09:11:46 pm »

Holy crap man, I wouldn't feel safe at all there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: November 09, 2010, 09:14:58 pm »

I'm guessing that moving out isn't an option?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: November 09, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

Right now, I'm about as far out of the bad parts of the city as I can get, while staying a reasonable distance from campus. The whole area is like this, though... the part of the city just north of campus has had more robberies and homicides swept under the rug than anywhere I've been, outside of Detroit. I've had coworkers mugged and stabbed on the way home from work, people trying to break into my house, someone stealing my landlord's snow-blower, and people trying to stop and sell me "discount CDs" liberated from cars down the street.

Crime's been on the rise since the unemployment boom and the collapse of the auto industry here, and things keep on getting steadily worse. I really, really need to get out of the city, if not the state.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:25:35 pm by Solifuge »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:33 pm »

Yeah, Detroit is not a good place to be. If you can't get out, buy a shotgun or somthing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57:19 pm »

I might have a hernia.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: November 09, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »

Steam is being a problem today. When I finally connected it keeps on disconnecting randomly. I'll look for a solution. Everything else involving the internet still works fine.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 8168