Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424385 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15915 on: November 07, 2010, 08:15:19 pm »

The only thing of mine you hurt was your standing in my eyes. That may or may not matter to you, of course, but I do think you owe Rex an apology.

Sir, I repeatedly underlined that it was about the behavior, not the people, and I never attacked Rex directly.  I gave him more advice than any other person in that thread and sympathized with him.  Furthermore, pretty much every comment was aimed at people who had said things in the thread.  No generalizations.  Just statements, backed up by fact, possibly not as incisive and clear as I would have liked.

Yes, I am a bleeding-heart liberal.  I don't really see how I can lower my standing in your opinion any more once I've admitted that.

Hmm? What rant?

Check life advice, if you want to know.  I'm considering taking it down.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15916 on: November 07, 2010, 08:18:45 pm »

There will always be someone who misinterprets your words or otherwise takes them personally.  If you think you were in the wrong, apologize.  If not, don't.  You can't please everyone.  Well, you can, but "kill all humans" is a silly solution.

Also, Nikov is consistently arrogant, offensive, and unrepentant.  No need to justify yourself to him.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:20:51 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15917 on: November 07, 2010, 08:19:35 pm »

Isn't that the entire purpose best part of rants?

The only purpose of rant are getting everything out.

They don't really do anything outside of that.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15918 on: November 07, 2010, 08:20:39 pm »

There will always be someone who misinterprets your words or otherwise takes them personally.  If you think you were in the wrong, apologize.  If not, don't.

I think that what I am is "afraid of having a disliked opinion."  But oh, well.  Thank you for the advice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: November 07, 2010, 08:21:39 pm »

Okay, thanks.  I'm glad for an outside judge.  I just... well, you know, I happen to rather like a lot of the people I was yelling at.

Don't sweat it.  I don't want to even think about how many dumb viewpoints I'd still be holding, if not for friends who were willing to do some yelling.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »

I think that what I am is "afraid of having a disliked opinion." 
The people you know can leave you behind. Your values and opinions cannot. Remember that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15921 on: November 07, 2010, 08:28:45 pm »

Not sad, just dissapointed that the main National Geographic channel Great Migrations series isn't captioned, but at least the HD channel of National Geographic is.

Which is wierd since both channels should be captioned.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: November 07, 2010, 08:31:53 pm »

I just tried to read that thread you guys've been talking about.
I could hardly make it 10 posts before going 'screw it, I'm outta here...'

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15923 on: November 07, 2010, 08:33:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:22:57 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: November 07, 2010, 08:34:18 pm »

Can't say I usually look at the life advice forum.  It seems to be just a way to get you annoyed quickly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15925 on: November 07, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »

I'm sad because a week of downtime due to illness in my first quarter lead to me getting horrid grades nearly across the board.

EDIT: And now I'm sad because it looks like Nolar may or may not have come back yet again.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:01:46 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: November 07, 2010, 09:17:08 pm »

I just dumped all my scrapped drawings.  I don't have motivation to finish any of them oh well.
Spoiler: what never was (click to show/hide)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: November 07, 2010, 09:25:33 pm »

I never participate, but then again I don't actually use DFC for anything.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: November 07, 2010, 09:28:03 pm »

I'm sad because the DFC's Freeware Fridays have flopped completely. Nobody shows any interest, nobody gives any feedback, and I don't know if people expect it or dread it when it comes around every weekend.

Mostly I'm just upset because a concept I've put effort into has been either completely ignored or is annoying people and nobody feels like telling me.

Ignored most likely.  I just close out the DFC announcements because they're always about TF2 and Men of War
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: November 07, 2010, 09:35:31 pm »

Cthulhu, you are never on.(At least when I am on, you aren't)
Like the other day, I was going to ask you about Call of Cthulhu.
And then.
OFFLINE.

AND IM LIKE.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 8167