Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421034 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15900 on: November 07, 2010, 06:51:23 pm »

Should have brought my Dad's fist Duke to punch those bears.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15901 on: November 07, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »

I'm just getting beaten down and pretty much guaranteed losing another ranking on my fantasy football league.

Oddly enough, at least I'm not scoring in the single-digits this week like my dad did (make that closer to 0 points). But still, I'm losing pretty badly.

It's pretty bad that I'm also defending my already low rank from my brother, who is a rank below me, who is above my dad (bottom). Okay, correction, make that REALLY bad. This year sucks.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:57:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: November 07, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »

Man, since the Quote thread put me in the title I feel like i need to act stupid just to appease them.

Well, Stupider
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: November 07, 2010, 07:55:54 pm »

Man, since the Quote thread put me in the title I feel like i need to act stupid just to appease them.
Do eet!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: November 07, 2010, 07:56:58 pm »

You must. So says the thread maker (of the OOC thread). KING OF KINGS!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15905 on: November 07, 2010, 07:57:37 pm »

Sure thing, Ozy.
Have fun with that desert of yours.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: November 07, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »

I AM THE REGICIDE OF REGICIDES
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: November 07, 2010, 07:58:12 pm »

I was running from a firework that I dropped onto my foot. I tripped on a brick and landed on a fence post, driving it through my shoulder. Then the firework launched at me anyway. Deep gash and a large area of mild burns. Luckily, we had vikoden from when my dad hurt himself last.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: November 07, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »

Bleh.

Looks like my rant hurt some feelings.  I don't know if I should apologize or not.

I'm very tired.  Gelato didn't make up for anything.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: November 07, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »

Isn't that the entire purpose best part of rants?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: November 07, 2010, 08:06:43 pm »

Only apologize if the offended party is armed.  That thread is positively oozing with "What?  I was just being offensive, what's the big deal?"
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15911 on: November 07, 2010, 08:08:06 pm »

Isn't that the entire purpose best part of rants?

No, the best part would people saying "Oh, okay."  The purpose was to get "oh, okay, I see where you're coming from."

Only apologize if the offended party is armed.  That thread is positively oozing with "What?  I was just being offensive, what's the big deal?"

Okay, thanks.  I'm glad for an outside judge.  I just... well, you know, I happen to rather like a lot of the people I was yelling at.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #15912 on: November 07, 2010, 08:09:45 pm »

If its any consolation, you didn't hurt my feelings. The only thing of mine you hurt was your standing in my eyes. That may or may not matter to you, of course, but I do think you owe Rex an apology. I could explain why, but I'd sooner leave it at that.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: November 07, 2010, 08:10:39 pm »

Okay, thanks.  I'm glad for an outside judge.  I just... well, you know, I happen to rather like a lot of the people I was yelling at.
If they're really shallow to the point where one rant would make them not like you forever, they probably don't deserve to be liked by you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: November 07, 2010, 08:11:07 pm »

I AM THE REGICIDE OF REGICIDES
NO YOU ARE BUT THE FOOL OF FOOLS

Bleh.

Looks like my rant hurt some feelings.  I don't know if I should apologize or not.
Hmm? What rant?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 8167