Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418845 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15825 on: November 07, 2010, 12:36:18 am »

A love triangle, with Ishmael trying desperately to get Ahad to notice him, but Ahab is too focused on "Getting" Moby Dick?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15826 on: November 07, 2010, 12:36:49 am »

70 is the best you can hope for.

Where the heck do you live that you can hope for 70 in the winter?

I meant room temperature indoors, although we do have occasional winter days that warm in North Carolina.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: November 07, 2010, 12:36:59 am »

What the hell are you talking about?

Moby Dick slash fanfiction.

Related story: when I asked my father what "Moby Dick" meant, because I was sure it must have some symbolic meaning, he said: "It's a venereal disease."

A love triangle, with Ishmael trying desperately to get Ahad to notice him, but Ahab is too focused on "Getting" Moby Dick?

Ooh, yes.  That's... that's actually quite good.  I am almost inspired to write it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: November 07, 2010, 12:38:56 am »

70 is the best you can hope for.

Where the heck do you live that you can hope for 70 in the winter?

70 farenheit ? were down to 35 right now, and we'll hit the <0 for a long time during the next 4 to 6 month...

edit for quote arrangment

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: November 07, 2010, 12:39:44 am »

Write the ending as Ahab and Moby kissing... Somehow... And then Ismael wakes up backing into the real world in which his situation is parallel to that of in the dream.

And then he cries.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:41:27 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: November 07, 2010, 12:43:34 am »

Ah.

I read a interesting science fiction book once about where Ishmael (And Queequeg’s coffin) are transported to the far future. It was one of those books that as you read it the world seems to slow down around you and life seems like a passing dream? You know what I mean when you get the right book and read it late at night?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: November 07, 2010, 12:45:09 am »

I cannot recall ever experiencing that feeling.

Unless that is what I feel all the time, which would not shock me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: November 07, 2010, 12:47:14 am »

Well. Looking back at those time I had also had a large quantity of drugs right beforehand. That may have something to do with it.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15833 on: November 07, 2010, 12:47:24 am »

I argued on the internet and now it's almost 2 am and i work at 6. That won't end any kind of well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: November 07, 2010, 12:47:51 am »

One here.

Going to catch shit if I stay up to late.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: November 07, 2010, 12:49:48 am »

Well, now I actually want to write AhabXMobyXIsmeal fanfic.

Fuck.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:03 am »

Well, now I actually want to write AhabXMobyXIsmeal fanfic.

Fuck.

Make the whale flying.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: November 07, 2010, 12:53:28 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:17:46 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:16 am »

True.  No one knows what sorts of diseases Queequeg was carrying... those South Sea Islands have a lot of weird rituals, I hear.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:29 am »

I want to write it like someone took to many drugs, recapped the story to someone while filling it with way to much homo eroticism.

Because it is all a dream. A Homo Erotic dream.
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 8167