Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416649 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15765 on: November 05, 2010, 11:12:49 pm »

Bah, stupid memoir.

You're not... writing a memoir of yourself are you?  That would be a very creepy thing to be doing.

Memoir, noun: An account of the author's experiences.

Memoirs are, yes, usually written by the people who experienced the contents of the memoir.

EDIT: It's an assignment for one of my classes, doodabuddy.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:14:25 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15766 on: November 05, 2010, 11:13:00 pm »

Either stop caring about not caring, or start caring.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15767 on: November 05, 2010, 11:14:46 pm »

If your goal is a 'C' then a 'C' is what you're going to get Aqizzar.

I don't set goals.  I just do my "best", which I'm ever more painfully aware really isn't much.  At least with Spanish anyway, apparently I can knock PoliSci term papers out of the park without much effort.

It's that "without much effort" part that gets me every time.

Memoirs are, yes, usually written by the people who experienced the contents of the memoir.

Memoirs are also usually written by people who expect their lives to end in the near future.  That's the disturbing part.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15768 on: November 05, 2010, 11:16:09 pm »

W recently wrote his memoirs, and I dont think he expects to die in the near future.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15769 on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:13 pm »

Memoirs are also usually written by people who expect their lives to end in the near future.  That's the disturbing part.

Whaa..... ?

Oh, no.  Hahahhaah >_>  It's just that if you have an interesting story to tell, then I figure you might as well write it down.  This isn't like some enormous account of my Life Deeds or something, where I try to defend myself and say "Heeeey, posterity!  Your grandma was an awesome dude!"  It's just an honest account of some stuff that happened, which happened to happen to me.  I imagine that I'll have plenty more material for plenty more books in the years to come.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15770 on: November 06, 2010, 01:19:49 am »

I think it's more when someone either feels their greatest accomplishments are behind them, or that some interesting shit has happened and they feel like writing it down. Impending death doesn't really have to play into it (although admittedly, most people write them at a late age, when they have more to fill them with, and expecting to die relatively soon goes hand in hand with advancing age, so perhaps there is a correlation there, though it's hardly the root cause of "hey, ima write some shit about my life'n shit").
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15771 on: November 06, 2010, 01:21:00 am »

unless dwarves can go without eating or drinking from early summer to whenever my map ices up, my two miners are fubared.

Edit: solved the drinking problem by having them piercing an aquifer (and, despite a major oversight, not drown).

Now it's a matter of whether they'll manage to hunt small creatures to victory, and dig into the main base without letting GCS in.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:43:42 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15772 on: November 06, 2010, 05:12:09 am »

It's my baby's birthday today. I miss her...
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15773 on: November 06, 2010, 04:43:58 pm »

Turn it on.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15774 on: November 06, 2010, 04:45:19 pm »

Try it and see. I have a nano thats survived at least 3 trips through the washer.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15775 on: November 06, 2010, 06:14:36 pm »

So I sent my Ipod through the wash, and I don't have much faith in Apple making a sturdy, lasting product

My iPod has lasted insanely longer than every other mp3 player I've owned.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15776 on: November 06, 2010, 06:45:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:08:46 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15777 on: November 06, 2010, 07:08:05 pm »

No, no, no.
Use thermite.
That should dry it out much faster.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15778 on: November 06, 2010, 07:09:09 pm »

No you fools, that will just melt it making it much less dry.

Use liquid nitrogen.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15779 on: November 06, 2010, 07:09:38 pm »

I washed my iPod Nano a long time ago.  It didn't make it, part of the plastic on the top peeled off and the whole thing was saturated.

Got a new one on warranty.  Eat it, Best Buy.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 8167