Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416300 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15735 on: November 04, 2010, 10:28:16 pm »

I'm sad because zombie games never get it right.

It's always something.  Special Infected, zombie masters, curing the infection, they always do something to ruin it.

I've been playing Cottage of Doom a lot, because despite its simplicity and obvious tongue-in-cheekness, it really represents everything I love about zombies.  You're in your fortified holdout.  You have a gun.  There are resources to manage, and zombies to kill.  No matter what happens, the only thing you have to look forward to is a horrible death.

I'm thinking about making my own zombie game, on a larger scale.  Something around the scale of Rogue Survivor, but not ruined by zombie masters and secret plots and the hope of eventually winning.

That, or I'll just wait for Dead State, because it also comes very close to my ideal.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: November 04, 2010, 11:07:05 pm »

The main problem with Cottage of Doom is you can just circle around your house forever racking up points.  I did that probably for 30 minutes before getting bored and letting myself getting eaten.  Staying in the house is a bad idea.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:55 pm »

Well yeah, if you deliberately play it the unfun way.  It's not about the points, it's about surviving as long as you can.  Keeping the doors and windows barricaded, watching as they slowly penetrate room by room until you're trapped in the corner and you've only got 20 rounds left, killing zombie after zombie until they finally get you.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: November 04, 2010, 11:40:40 pm »

Don't let me go outside then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: November 04, 2010, 11:41:47 pm »

Don't go outside.  It's not like you have to.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: November 04, 2010, 11:41:57 pm »

Don't let me go outside then.
Perhaps dig underground, and.......wait. Why don't DF zombies afflict others?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: November 05, 2010, 12:04:51 am »

Bullshit.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: November 05, 2010, 12:28:03 am »

I'm home sick with a cold/fever and unshakable headache and I still have to get an essay written by tomorrow.

I feel your pain.

Or rather,  I feel my own, which is simmilar

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: November 05, 2010, 04:07:38 am »

My enjoyment of zombie games is a little different.  I aim for long-term survival or winning... somehow.  I've had my fill of "no win scenario" zombies from Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies, and would like a chance to play say... a Ragnarok Online zombie game :>  Start as a mere acolyte, live long enough to be a figurative conduit of holy power, turning undead by the hundreds, or an unstoppable meat grinder armed only with a trusty swordmace and buckler.

You would still have to watch your step and try not to get overwhelmed, but I like zombie games that give you just a little ray of hope.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: November 05, 2010, 04:20:35 am »

My enjoyment of zombie games is a little different.  I aim for long-term survival or winning... somehow.  I've had my fill of "no win scenario" zombies from Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies, and would like a chance to play say... a Ragnarok Online zombie game :>  Start as a mere acolyte, live long enough to be a figurative conduit of holy power, turning undead by the hundreds, or an unstoppable meat grinder armed only with a trusty swordmace and buckler.

You would still have to watch your step and try not to get overwhelmed, but I like zombie games that give you just a little ray of hope.

Electric Onslaught is a lot like that (except there's more than just zombies). It's certainly possible to survive indefinitely with clever contraption building. There's no real plot to it or anything but it's still fun.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: November 05, 2010, 08:05:00 am »

While it's not out yet (I haven't been following it myself, so I'm not sure if it's even got a name yet ;)), checked this out?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: November 05, 2010, 09:21:54 am »

I cry inside everytime someone mentions or references cracked as if it was Encyclopedia Britannica
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:08 am »

I cry inside everytime someone mentions or references cracked as if it was Encyclopedia Britannica

Yeah, Cracked.com is way more reputable than that stupid old thing.

Information is information.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: November 05, 2010, 09:25:57 am »

Spoiler:  You mock my pain?! (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 8167