Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9408734 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15480 on: October 29, 2010, 01:55:54 am »

I am full of so much happy and sad it is crazy.  I can't wait to go back, and I'm so close, and I miss my professors so much--I'm going to have two of my favorites when I come back, and two who apparently have a lot of the traits I like.  I mean, my goodness, these are my favoritest people ever, and absolutely wonderful mentors.

Squee~

That, and I'm really confident that I'll be able to do it this time, because I'm actually capable of retaining information now.  Now I just have to work a little, day by day, so that I'll be ready to make my glorious return... and glorious it will be, because everything is changing and I am just so happy.

On the other hand, I just drank a glass of spoiled milk.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: October 29, 2010, 02:00:45 am »

Helps your bones build character.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: October 29, 2010, 02:05:36 am »

Helps your bones build character.

Also, my digestive tract.  Been gaining a lot of character over the past few weeks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: October 29, 2010, 06:43:39 am »

What is this metaphor? What is the title?

Am I letting you trace my professor and, by extension, my hometown?

No.  Sorru.
Well I'd never! :P
Love, scriver~

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: October 29, 2010, 07:50:22 am »

I could use some more sleep.

I could use a lot more sleep.

I've been in some kind of horrible not-really-awake-but-certainly-not-asleep-and-resting state all week, and to a lesser extent a few months. I'm used to sleeplessness, but it was always getting a huge amount of sleep in between a few days awake before; this is more or less constantly being awake with the occasional one or two hour nap, and it feels like my consciousness is pulling a major overtime shift. Much worse than my usual struggles with insomnia. If I don't get a real sleep in soon I might crack.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: October 29, 2010, 09:18:52 am »

I feel your pain. I've all my sleeping scheudles screwed for two weeks, but the last three days they went fully fubar (not least because I'm getting a horrid cough again) and I spend my waking hours kind of dazed, not so much for lack of sleep as for it's sheer disorganization.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: October 29, 2010, 09:32:59 am »

Reading week : I liked not to have to worry about classes , even if you did your best to throw all kind of homework in my way. I dislike being sick and sleep 12 hours a day instead on working on lab reports that i should have finished by now. Finally i dislike when teacher stop answering their emails when they give you a complicated work worth 10% of the grade. Fuck that guy.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: October 29, 2010, 03:56:17 pm »

She broke my heart.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: October 29, 2010, 04:25:36 pm »

She broke my heart.

I'm sorry... feel better soon, man.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: October 29, 2010, 04:31:00 pm »

I'll use a Gunnerkrigg Court avatar for you!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: October 29, 2010, 04:37:07 pm »

It's my fault, I moved too fast and wasn't taking hints. God I wish I was normal.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: October 29, 2010, 04:39:12 pm »

It's my fault, I moved too fast and wasn't taking hints. God I wish I was normal.

=/

I don't know what flavor of abnormality you're talking about, man, but I'll reassure you that in general, these things get better.  You'll be all right.  The first little bit may suck, but just hang in there.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: October 29, 2010, 04:39:33 pm »

It may seem like you'll be sad forever, but all the sadness and heartbreak will be over soon.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: October 29, 2010, 04:53:21 pm »

Thanks. But it seems like I've been telling myself that forever.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: October 29, 2010, 05:12:35 pm »

Friggin school. If I have to go and use Google to figure out what the lesson is supposed to be teaching me, what's the point of even having a lesson? Why can't I just Google shit and get it over with? I thought the idea of school was that someone would TEACH you stuff instead of you having to go and figure it out yourself.

Of course, we all know that school is really just goverment funded day care and a convenient indoctrination machine. Except I'm in cyberschool. So really, my school is the BOE's appendix. Where is my scalpel.

EDIT:

And it's REALLY annoying when it seems that Wikipedia and the person who designed the test and SHOULD be teaching the lesson disagree on something...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:15:30 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 8166