Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9408825 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15450 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »

I forgot to celebrate my forum anniversary.  :(

E: also, I'm very, very late noticing that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:52:09 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: October 27, 2010, 08:54:30 pm »

Still sick... somehow... Probably not going to my writing class tomorrow either, because hell, I'm sick and tired and don't feel like biking on my bum knee.

On top of that, I'm reading my writing professor's novel on an assignment and it's total crap.  I don't care what nice things people said about it.  It's crap.  It's bloated, padded, dead, heavy-handed, and dull.  If these are their standards, no wonder they keep telling me my stuff is good.  I don't want to write an essay on this block of idiotic ham!  I don't even know that I will, since I'm not going to get anything out of it intellectually and my grades in these courses don't count for anything in the rest of my entire life.  Seriously.  Absolutely nothing.

My life feels so chaotic right now.  I can't even work, because my head is so fuzzy.  I'm bored, and I'm irritated, and I need to make some more major life changes because this is not a place I want to end up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: October 27, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »

Maybe you could make your essay a scathing critique? That's what I do.

Then again, I'm in high school, so that may not be as acceptable.

Also, why am I writing all E's as A's? Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: October 27, 2010, 09:03:10 pm »

So just popping in to write something for Matthew. he's over in the UK right now

A few weeks ago he got in a car accident by the way

Lot of other stuff happened around but it took a while of digging around here to find his passwords and shit, because I felt obligated and shit, let me cry you all a river

He'll be back in two weeks, don't plan on seeing him though. court hearings about his uh, fuck I'll just let him say it.

Also I'm the guy who saved his life last christmas, hi'n'bye

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: October 27, 2010, 09:09:03 pm »

All of my worst fears about object-permanence have been realized.  Deep in my stomach, any time someone drops out of contact, I assume the worst thing in the world happened to them, like a car accident.

Fuck you WorkerDrone.  Fuck you for proving me right.  Also, holy shit, we're here and waiting for you bro.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: October 27, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »

Maybe you could make your essay a scathing critique? That's what I do.

... No, this guy wrote the book and is extremely proud of it.  Also, he has told us that the theme of the essay will be "write about the metaphor implied in the title and its development throughout the course of the book."

Boring?  Yes, I think so.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: October 27, 2010, 09:17:58 pm »

Stuff.

Thinking Ill go lay down for a few weeks now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: October 27, 2010, 09:21:18 pm »

Kind of.
A wolf going through the woods moves ______.  (1 point)

* with awareness that it is a predator.
    * with the innocence of the wild.
    * in a distinctive way.
    * in the way of all mammals.

The fuck? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
A should have a "the" before awareness.
B is correct, but worded strangely. Saying that the wild is innocent like that is just weird.
C is fine.
D is also correct, but worded strangely. "Like all mammals do" would be better.

That's the one I meant. I misremembered the order and couldnt be bothered to check
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: October 27, 2010, 09:28:09 pm »

All of my worst fears about object-permanence have been realized.  Deep in my stomach, any time someone drops out of contact, I assume the worst thing in the world happened to them, like a car accident.

Fuck you WorkerDrone.  Fuck you for proving me right.  Also, holy shit, we're here and waiting for you bro.

You, good sir, are a font of wisdom.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: October 27, 2010, 10:01:27 pm »

Well dicks. 'Drone, my bro, I've got your back, hope everything turns out okay.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: October 27, 2010, 10:17:53 pm »

Best wishes, WorkerDrone, and I hope that whatever it may have been is all untangled by the time you're reading this.

Anyway, my sister's husband is giving a dissertation at a conference in Biloxi in a few months, alongside 6 published Doctors. I'm incredibly proud of him, and I'm sure he'll do fine... and yet I realize that I will never be able to match that kind of pace. He's basically on the fast track to where most degree-holding Academics aspire to be, and he's only two years older than I am. I'm still roughly halfway to a Bachelors... and by my age, he was working on his Masters. Moreover, if in some years time I were in a similar position, getting ready to present my research alongside the big names in the Sciences, I'd be terrified into a stupor. I could never do that... I don't even know if I want to do that.

I'm just starting to doubt that I have what it takes to get to the nebulous goals I set for my life. I don't think I'm the sort of Intellectual All-Star that can gain the knowledge and reputation such that, when I'd write something, it'd carry weight. Maybe I'll feel differently in the future... but I don't know. Maybe that ship has already sailed, and I'm too far behind the curve to make up that difference, no matter how much effort I put out there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:23:04 pm by Solifuge »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: October 27, 2010, 10:36:46 pm »

I feel really out of it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: October 27, 2010, 10:53:36 pm »

I feel really out of it.
I would say the same if I didn't already know that nobody really knew what was happening with WD.

And yeah christ car accidents. At least he's kicking enough to come back eventually, although that court cases things is slightly worrying. But not even fast-moving metal can stop the Juggernaut, no law shall hope to stand in his way.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15463 on: October 27, 2010, 10:57:33 pm »

Aw crap. How does this keep happening to you 'Drone? Let's hope things work out (at least for the better). You've got our support.

And kudos to your loyalty to the guy; not often do I see that level of friendship.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:59:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: October 27, 2010, 11:05:02 pm »

Yeah WorkerDrone is cousin and I am the bro he is my cousin and I'm always bro.
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 8166