Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9407435 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15345 on: October 26, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »

Recettear is dulling my razor-edged and centuries-honed hatred of all things animu.  This is a disturbing development.
See?  Gateway animu.  Watch out.

Nice one.

Keep in mind also that Cthulhu is, well, Cthulhu and time doesn't really mean much to him. :P
I'd say the greater problem would be the non existance of anime until the latter half of the 20th century.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: October 26, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »

"Forsooth, thou'rt supere sexie yn alle thingse y-involving ninja-ism, Nekotan!"

"Verily desu ne!  Uguu~"

Trouthe it is, nat lye, wherepon thy blisful showe were bettre, whan ere it were swiched frome Manga. Sauf I myselven spake, certeynly art thou animu dorks.

Ich must finde myself inn accordans wyth thy reasonninges, but at leaste ye olde animu could stand to be y-heard by mortale ear in its Englishe productionne.  Yon dubbe in Gaul lefte muche to be desired.

Someone has to stop this.

And Mindmaker killed the magic. The magic is now dead. All that is left now is sadness.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: October 26, 2010, 05:26:31 pm »

I had all weekend to study and prepare for a test tomorrow.

I didn't do a damn thing.

Aw fuck me and my procrastination.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: October 26, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »

Conversation with my uncle.

"You sick?"
"Yeah."
"What from?"
"Pabst Blue Ribbon. Never again."
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: October 26, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »

Spent upwards of an hour driving in circles around the most traffic-laden part of Dallas, searching for a government office.  Apparently it's in a different part of town, on another street with the same name.  Except it's actually all one street, that runs in a forty-mile circle around town.  Every other street in DFW changes names at least five times over it's finite span, except for the one looping street where half the important shit is.

And I never did find the place, so I'll have to go again tomorrow.  Fuck I hate traffic.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: October 26, 2010, 06:23:11 pm »

Spent upwards of an hour driving in circles around the most traffic-laden part of Dallas, searching for a government office.

Driving didn't work out?  Guess you should have tried running for it instead.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: October 26, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »

"Verily desu ne!"
Verily it is, don't you think?

That's what I love about being able to run 12 miles at a stretch while living in a small town; you can get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: October 26, 2010, 06:28:18 pm »

Elegy got banned.

But he was my bro :(
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:04 pm »

Drinking with emotionally stable girlfriend, roommate, and his girlfriend: Awesome

Drinking with emotionally unstable girlfriend: Terrifying, or alternatively, extremely comical and time to find a better girlfriend.

After two years of drinking on occasion, I found it best to drink a little for flavor during a banal (platonic) friend-on-friend event, get buzzed when drinking at a small get-together, and only get completely hammered with your best friends or with your girl/guy.

Drinking time is happy time. I've never felt angry or depressed while drinking, and if you do feel upset or sad, drinking will only magnify it. Same goes with caffeine, for me at least.

Liquor isn't just to get you drunk quick. You can sip strong drinks for flavor, or you could do shots and get drunk fast. I haven't found much of a reason to do more than two shots in a row, since you have the whole night ahead of you to get trashed.

A word to the wise: Jello shots are stronger than they seem. You can eat a whole slide of them, not feel much of a change, then suddenly 20 minutes later you're more drunk than, well, someone who paced their jello shots.

Fun times...fun times. Now you guys made me want to have more drinking buddies readily available.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: October 26, 2010, 06:44:45 pm »

Elegy got banned.

But he was my bro :(

No, he wasn't your bro.  He wasn't anything.  He wasn't real.

Spent upwards of an hour driving in circles around the most traffic-laden part of Dallas, searching for a government office.

It's twenty five miles from my house, so that's out.  I could have parked in the area and walked around, but it's blazing hot out, and Dallas is not designed for pedestrians - the traffic the area is famous for also makes it virtually impossible to safely walk around, because there are no crosswalks, overwalks, or anything else, and people are not going to fucking stop for you.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: October 26, 2010, 06:48:38 pm »

I honestly don't see what you people see in alchohol. I mean, it's literally poisonous. Why you'd want to slowly degrade your ability to function and then wake up with a headache several hours later is beyond me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #15357 on: October 26, 2010, 06:49:55 pm »

I honestly don't see what you people see in alchohol. I mean, it's literally poisonous. Why you'd want to slowly degrade your ability to function and then wake up with a headache several hours later is beyond me.
Because losing is fun?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: October 26, 2010, 06:52:05 pm »

Because losing is fun?
When you get to watch it happen to your hopelessly inept dwarves? Sure. When it happens to you and somthing bad inevitably occurs due to your habit? Not so much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »

Because losing is fun?
If you drink water, gatorade, etc, and sober up before you go to sleep, you'll minimize the hangover. Now if you drink half a fifth and get double-vision drunk, you won't be feeling good the next day, and possibly the day after that won't be very good either.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 8166