Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434701 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14790 on: October 19, 2010, 05:23:47 am »

I made the mistake of getting into an argument with a 9/11 Truther.  Dumb move, me.  Now he's headbutting me over and over ignoring my arguments, and I can't just browbeat/ad hominem him to death because I set the standard for discussion at the beginning and I don't want to go back on it, and I can't just say "You will never change your mind.  You already know what happened and any evidence otherwise is obviously wrong and you don't have to explain why because the reason is obvious, it's wrong because it doesn't fit your predetermined conclusion.  I'm out of here" because then he'll think he won and I can't have someone I'll never know harboring smug thoughts about me, dammit.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:35 am »

I can't have someone I'll never know harboring smug thoughts about me, dammit.

Welcome to the bane of my every day existence.  And I chose this shit as a profession, fuck.  Take my advice though, your best weapon against the "Truthers" - they pretty much all rabidly hate the Bush administration.  Remind him of how Bush and Co. were famous in such circles (as the guy himself) for rampant idiocy and incompetence, then point out that to accuse that administration of the acumen and prowess to pull off such an event surreptitiously and keep it a secret for years would be giving Bush and Co. way too much credit.  Then watch his brain leak out his ears as he tries to reconcile his personal hatred of the figure with the scale of what he's accusing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: October 19, 2010, 05:33:46 am »

That's a good one.  He keeps bringing up the "pull it" quote and I keep telling him that's not what pull means and there's no reason they would be using it in a demolition context anyway but it's just bouncing off his forehead.  I also linked him to an interview with the head of Ae911blahblah where some New Zealander woman totally rips him apart, it's hilarious.  There's a scene where he uses the fact that 30% of the US population rejects the official 9/11 story as evidence, and she points out the sizable minority that rejects evolution, and it's like one of those slow-motion clips of a boxer getting his shit wrecked but it's audio.  There's like five seconds of complete silence while the guy tries to figure out how to respond.
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: October 19, 2010, 05:40:32 am »

Remind him of how Bush and Co. were famous in such circles (as the guy himself) for rampant idiocy and incompetence, then point out that to accuse that administration of the acumen and prowess to pull off such an event surreptitiously and keep it a secret for years would be giving Bush and Co. way too much credit.  Then watch his brain leak out his ears as he tries to reconcile his personal hatred of the figure with the scale of what he's accusing.
Then there are those who'd tell you that the President and his administration are just puppets for secret services, who hold all the power(vide Richelieu) in the country, so it doesn't matter how dumb or not the guy in the Capitol is.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: October 19, 2010, 05:43:32 am »

Then it's not an inside job anyway, since it's not the elected government pulling the strings.  Case fucking closed.  Now, to find the Illuminati who were really holding the plunger.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: October 19, 2010, 05:47:14 am »

Then it's not an inside job anyway, since it's not the elected government pulling the strings.  Case fucking closed.  Now, to find the Illuminati who were really holding the plunger.

I'm

*sunglasses*

Flush with enthusiasm.

YEAAAAAHHHHHH

Also, I think I might be stupid.  My alarm was set for 6:47 and for a moment I wondered about the odds of it being 6:47.  Like, I forgot that 6:47 was an inevitability.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: October 19, 2010, 06:55:47 am »

Could you post a link to that audio beating, pleasies? That sounds like fun.
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:55 am »

It's a little ways down the page, look for architecture of destruction

I'm sad because I ain't got nothin' to do.  I finally managed to stay up all night but now I'm bored and I don't know what to do and I've got another 12 or so hours before I can go to sleep and fix my sleep schedule.  Jeeeeez.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:31:01 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:32 am »

Steam suddenly decided I have to download about 8 gigs of L4D2.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: October 19, 2010, 10:57:36 am »

Hmm... how often does it come?  I mean, my New Scientist subscription could easily cost that much.

It comes every month.

Has it really declined? It's been the best one I've seen over here and I stuck with it so I dunno.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: October 19, 2010, 12:07:52 pm »

Imageshack deleted my avatar D:
I did my best in paint (copy&paste), but he will never be the same...

Edit:
Problem fixed. Now lets head for the happy thread!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:15:27 pm by Mindmaker »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: October 19, 2010, 12:13:17 pm »

Amazon's lack of security on their one-click order system :( (and their inability to read customer help questions when they reply to them)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: October 19, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

Guess I'm not exactly friends with Thyme anymore.  Awesome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:56 pm »

Did something happen, or was it just due to general drift over time? You can probably patch things up with some effort, but if she's committed to cutting things off, it's probably not a relationship worth maintaining. What little I've heard of this person makes her seem flighty and selfish, and not the sort of person I'd want to be around. You certainly know her better, though.

Either way, that can't be a pleasant feeling, no matter what comes of this. I'm sorry. :/

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: October 19, 2010, 03:00:55 pm »

My condolences are yours.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 8167