Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429917 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14700 on: October 16, 2010, 05:27:10 pm »

I just saw an awesome Minecraft video, and it made me depressed that BlackPhoenix stopped working on the M-Class mod.

For those not in the know, Black Phoenix is the smartest man on Wiremod.com. He singlehandedly coded just about all the high-power systems in Wiremod, then ported Linux to them.

Source, and by extension Gmod, has a map size limitation. Maps can't be made larger than about half a mile square, and while that might sound like a lot it's really not if you want to build big things or go really fast. So BP made the M-Class mod, which shrunk the player to about five hundredths his normal size and therefore made the map incredibly large. There were some problems with it, and of course all props had to be shrunk down as well. So it never really went anywhere.

Exactly how hard would it be to just scale down a whole bunch of 3D models anyway?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: October 16, 2010, 08:01:17 pm »

Presumably it might screw with the already wonky physics in the Source engine.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: October 16, 2010, 08:07:48 pm »

Presumably it might screw with the already wonky physics in the Source engine.

No, I mean in a model editor. We already CAN do it in-game, just not very well.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: October 16, 2010, 08:23:07 pm »

I just finished reading Half Life: Full Life Consequences. I don't care if the kid who made this is nine or not. It still sucks.

and the pants were dead and teh dirt was messy and bloody from headcrabs.

Somebody has a really bad case of crabs.

Actually, it was a [[TrollFic troll]]. Like you!
I'm not a trollfic troll...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: October 16, 2010, 09:05:13 pm »

I just finished reading Half Life: Full Life Consequences. I don't care if the kid who made this is nine or not. It still sucks.

and the pants were dead and teh dirt was messy and bloody from headcrabs.

Somebody has a really bad case of crabs.

Actually, it was a [[TrollFic troll]]. Like you!
I'm not a trollfic troll...
They see me trollin, they hatein.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »

All the art I have ever saved in my life has just been drenched in a flood. All the paintings are destroyed and all the other stuff is heavily damaged.

I... I don't know how to feel about this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: October 16, 2010, 09:28:20 pm »

Ouch, Duke. Any chance of compensation?

Also, was it a natural flood or the fault of some idiot?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: October 16, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »

All the art I have ever saved in my life has just been drenched in a flood. All the paintings are destroyed and all the other stuff is heavily damaged.

I'm more surprised to learn that Duke collects paintings.  I had no idea.  Knowing as much of your life-situation as you've detailed, I can't imagine you actually owned many pieces of irreplaceable art.  Except for photographs.  Damn.

Well, the message being not to store anything valuable in parts of a house that can be flooded.  Of course, I've lost stuff like that from rainwater dripping into closets and filling up the tops of shelves.  That sucks man.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: October 16, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »

My dad and I made the pump system, so no fault but our own. No compensation to be had, and even if a case could be made I wouldn't berate my dad over this. I should have placed my art stuff in a better position than on the floor under the basement stairs when I know we have had flooding problems in the past.

And a bigger tragedy has been discovered. Some paintings of my grandmother who died a few months ago were dampened, and two are warped from it. Paint is fine, but the canvas is being problematic. It was only through her ability to paint that I connected with her. Her eyes just seemed to brighten whenever I would talk about art with her, so that was the basis of our relationship.

Also, for clarification, this was my own work. Most of it practice stuff from middle school and the few community college courses I took in highschool.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: October 16, 2010, 09:44:13 pm »

That sucks, I had a flood kinda thing before and it destroyed our carpet, I don't have a basement because it would be flooded 24/7.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: October 16, 2010, 09:48:17 pm »

And a bigger tragedy has been discovered. Some paintings of my grandmother who died a few months ago were dampened, and two are warped from it. Paint is fine, but the canvas is being problematic. It was only through her ability to paint that I connected with her. Her eyes just seemed to brighten whenever I would talk about art with her, so that was the basis of our relationship.

Also, for clarification, this was my own work. Most of it practice stuff from middle school and the few community college courses I took in highschool.

Okay, now you can call me an asshole.  Fuck that's sad, it's like a damn novel man.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: October 16, 2010, 10:08:42 pm »

My grandmother had a fire in her house that destroyed all of her family photos.  All of them.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: October 16, 2010, 10:15:29 pm »

My grandmother had a fire in her house that destroyed all of her family photos.  All of them.
:(

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: October 16, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »

Fuck that's sad, it's like a damn novel man.
I was thinking of how this could be applied in a sad novel as I was cleaning up all this stuff. Although in my mind it would happen in a fir-

... Yeah, it makes a better novel because it's a bit more tragic.

Dammit Vector your classwork on making stories about your life is starting to rub off on me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: October 16, 2010, 10:25:55 pm »

Hey, they always tell you to write what you know.  At least you've got ready material.
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 8167