Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9417954 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14475 on: October 12, 2010, 04:50:21 pm »

I would think that, since obviously you are all constructions of my diseased mind you would entertain me more.
Your mind? Looking around I think we are all clearly either Aqizzar or Jackrabbit's delusions.
No wait.

I got logic here. (Also I think therefor I am, yada yada.)

One day I was talking to a guy. I hate this guy for reasons that will become apparent. I don't know how but we started talking technology. More specifically phones. Do not ask me how it came up but he said that...

WAit for it...

WAIT FOR IT...

CAVEMEN HAD INVENTED TELEPHONES

wut

I said 'huh'.

He said yes.

I said no. No they did not have telephones as cavemen.

He said "Well obviously they did not work but they picked up rocks and talked into them and thought they were talking to each other."

Obviously anyone who can say that has already been taken to a mental facility and since this was not in a mental facility it must mean that I was in one and everything else is a hallucination.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: October 12, 2010, 04:51:14 pm »

It has caught me in it's graps again.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: October 12, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »

So, math class. Halfway through the professor showed a problem being solved a very specific way and I wondered why he didn't use another way. So I raised my hand and tried to describe my confusion. He didn't quite get it and the WHOLE CLASS erupted in giggles. Never before in college have I seen this. Ever. What the hell guys.

And then right after that he dropped the bombshell that we didn't do terribly well on our last major test, and then asked me to solve a question on the board I didn't completely understand. Well hell I can't think straight after that crap being pulled. So more humiliation. At the end of class he finally handed out the papers, and I got a 76/100. Fuck.

So I was rather depressed on the bus ride home and all I could think of was my dad looking at this and telling me I don't take these things seriously. Do I have to be this depressed about me sucking for you to approve of my attitude? And even then I had the sinking feeling that if I did get very depressed over all this he would STILL accuse me of not taking this seriously enough. And then I started to choke.

I've found out that when you have cast off all drive to physically express rage your body sort of implodes on itself. Took me a little while to calm down enough to start breathing normally again, and the lady sitting next to me got a little frightened for my safety. Yes I know, we all got Father issues, but the memory of him alone is causing breakdowns now. I should probably see somebody about that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: October 12, 2010, 06:36:10 pm »

D:<
Go on Steam Duke, there will be stuffs to be hads.

I'll like dance with a sandwich on my head.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:40:15 pm by ToonyMan »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: October 12, 2010, 08:32:22 pm »

My computer freaked out, reset itself to 2001, and wiped my bookmarks and history, and god knows what else.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: October 12, 2010, 08:41:03 pm »

Well, I've been looking for an impetus to get off my ass and work on a personal project.  I may have just wedded myself to one avenue, thanks to desperate good intentions and a rampant disregard for consequences.  Stay tuned, you'll get to be subjected to this too, probably.

My computer freaked out, reset itself to 2001, and wiped my bookmarks and history, and god knows what else.

System restore?  Although I've never heard of anything like that happening.  Heck, it sounds like it forcibly restored itself a decade backwards for some crazy reason.  Late onset Y2K syndrome.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: October 12, 2010, 08:54:49 pm »

System restore?  Although I've never heard of anything like that happening.  Heck, it sounds like it forcibly restored itself a decade backwards for some crazy reason.  Late onset Y2K syndrome.

Maybe a virus of some kind?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: October 12, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »

It's all working fine now, strangely.

Nothing important is missing, at least.

This'll teach me not to... fall asleep after a long day of collage with the laptop on and not charging... I guess.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: October 12, 2010, 09:18:16 pm »

It's all working fine now, strangely.

In light of having just defeated a crazy retrograding computer problem, your choice of avatar seems to be temping fate.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: October 12, 2010, 10:16:16 pm »

That's from uhh what's its name.

I can't remember the name, come on me.  Let's see...I can't remember, gah.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20:23 pm »

You should know this, anime boy!

It be the Laughing Man logo from GitS:SAC.

If it means I'm going to be shot at by a cyborg Japanese police force, I say it's worth keeping this avvie, if only for the obituary.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »

Ghost in the Shell!  That acronym jogged me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: October 12, 2010, 10:37:33 pm »

Math.

As far as intellectual pursuits go, I've always breezed through everything. English and creative pursuits (writing, drawing, painting) are my best subjects, and I've always been head and shoulders above my peers in those areas. I can hold my own in History, Philosophy, general Science, and pretty much anything you put in front of me.

And then there's math. Now, I don't mean your basic elementary math. Anything you can do with regular old numbers (integers, for you mathies) and the basic +-*/ symbols, I'm fine with. Decimals are even fine. I'm okay at converting decimals to fractions and back again.

But I take one look at the Hero's Formula, or a triangle intersecting a circle, and my brain says to me, "Fuck you, I quit."

This frustrates me to no end. I know that I can do this stuff...it just takes me so long that I wind up giving up out of frustration because it takes so long. Thing is, I know that math will be important to me as a programmer. I don't know how important, but I assume it's pretty well up there in the grand scheme of things. Again, back to frustration.

Math.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: October 12, 2010, 11:23:19 pm »

Thing is, I know that math will be important to me as a programmer. I don't know how important, but I assume it's pretty well up there in the grand scheme of things.

Not really.  It's important for the CS theory stuff you'll have to learn to get a degree, and there are some specializations that are obviously mathy (scientific programming) and some that more mathy than they might seem (rendering), but most programmers use nothing but the simplest arithmetic in their programs.  Geometry in particular is unlikely to ever come up unless you do rendering.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:27:06 pm by Footkerchief »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:04 pm »

Oh, good. That makes me feel a little bit more safe in my career choice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 8167