Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416706 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14460 on: October 12, 2010, 12:29:49 am »

I had an ipod.
It was formatted for Mac, but wouldn't work on my old mac.
When I formatted it for Windows in an attempt to actually use it, it formatted, and both the computer itself and Winamp said it had 4 gigs, but the ipod itself said it had 0 kilobytes used out of 0 kilobytes, and wouldn't accept any songs I tried to put on it.
So I tossed it to the ground to take it apart, because Apple doesn't put screws on anything, making that the only way to open up any of their crap.

Horrible.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: October 12, 2010, 03:25:15 am »

Gotta love those impromptu cascading self hatred sessions.  Oh yes, I do enjoy them so.  I may as well mention what brought it on in the first place - that I keep coming up with more creative projects to waste brainpower on, without actually starting any of them, much less completing.  Now I've got at least four on my plate, and since I can't decide which one to pursue, they all languish equally, and I just play Minecraft instead.

Oh well, at least one idea will be rapidly outmoded by the course of world events anyway.  Pity, it would probably be the easiest and most entertaining one.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: October 12, 2010, 06:21:52 am »

My damned cold kept me home from school again. All the work I missed looms over the horizon already.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: October 12, 2010, 06:23:12 am »

My damned cold kept me home from school again. All the work I missed looms over the horizon already.
D:

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: October 12, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

Gotta love those impromptu cascading self hatred sessions.  Oh yes, I do enjoy them so.  I may as well mention what brought it on in the first place - that I keep coming up with more creative projects to waste brainpower on, without actually starting any of them, much less completing.  Now I've got at least four on my plate, and since I can't decide which one to pursue, they all languish equally, and I just play Minecraft instead.

Oh well, at least one idea will be rapidly outmoded by the course of world events anyway.  Pity, it would probably be the easiest and most entertaining one.
What have you done in Minecraft so far?  Glorious I assume.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: October 12, 2010, 01:33:09 pm »

Must be a pretty hefty cold then...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: October 12, 2010, 02:06:01 pm »

My brother's iPod wiped all the stuff he'd legally bought on CD and then put on his iPod.  I guess he should've pirated it.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: October 12, 2010, 02:11:52 pm »

A fuse blew in my house today, killing more than half the electronics here. It's back up now. Hope my comp is fine.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: October 12, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »

I know I'm bored when I'm browsing the DF forums, think "meh nothing here right now, let's check favorites... oh hey DF forums!  There's always something going on there! *click*"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: October 12, 2010, 04:32:16 pm »

I know I'm bored when I'm browsing the DF forums, think "meh nothing here right now, let's check favorites... oh hey DF forums!  There's always something going on there! *click*"

And now you know why I have the third most Active Time Logged.  Damn do I need something to do.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: October 12, 2010, 04:34:56 pm »

The sad part is when even these forums bore you because people are too busy to post at the same rate you read.

I would think that, since obviously you are all constructions of my diseased mind you would entertain me more.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: October 12, 2010, 04:40:23 pm »

And now you know why I have the third most Active Time Logged.  Damn do I need something to do.

Oh God yes, muscle memory brings me back to this place even when I'm doing something interesting. It's a problem.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: October 12, 2010, 04:43:23 pm »

I would think that, since obviously you are all constructions of my diseased mind you would entertain me more.
Your mind? Looking around I think we are all clearly either Aqizzar or Jackrabbit's delusions.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: October 12, 2010, 04:45:31 pm »

Your mind? Looking around I think we are all clearly either Aqizzar or Jackrabbit's delusions.

Jaqmind.  We are all Jaqmind.

Oh God yes, muscle memory brings me back to this place even when I'm doing something interesting. It's a problem.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Even when I genuinely have shit to do, after I boot up my computer and Firefox finally starts, it takes a conscious act of will to not type "dwa", then down arrow*, enter, slide the mouse to the first link, then up-right to the other link.  Hell, sometimes I'll do it even if I just open another tab for something.

*Used to be two down arrows for a long time, until "dwarf fortress" finally supplanted "dwyane wade" for Google's first suggestion, whoever the Hell he is.  I feel partially responsible for that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:47:06 pm by Aqizzar »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: October 12, 2010, 04:48:13 pm »

I type in bay12 and then go down to 'unread replies' before I know I've done anything.
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 8167