Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416112 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14415 on: October 11, 2010, 12:13:42 am »

Assuming you're using a Texas Instruments calculator, it probably has BASIC. If so, don't give up, it gets easier after you get used to it. I'd recommend starting with the basic if/and/or commands.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: October 11, 2010, 12:20:10 am »

Searched for Homestuck moments of heartwarming, because one image in particular kicks me straight out of depression and makes me smile every time. So in my search I came across the fandom secrets thread, where people submit secrets to the OP and they post those secrets anonymously. Most of them had to do with either finding the most violent psychotic and hateable characters as things they wanted to screw silly or how this comic turned them totally okay with being sexually open.

And while I don't pass judgment on people choices and that whatever people chose to do themselves isn;t much of my business, this all depresses me for some reason. Perhaps it's hate growing inside me, I don't know. I know that strange thing inside of me flickered when I came across one that expressed how these hateable characters are stealing the spotlight from the others because of the fandom, because I sort of resonated with it. And this sort of scares me.

I don't want to hate.  :-[
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: October 11, 2010, 12:29:26 am »

Then don't hate. Take it from someone that has a habit of liking sometimes questionable characters. Sometimes it's heart-wrenching knowing just how bad they can be. Some of the draw for some people is wishing they could be better, or thinking you or someone can make them better. Some of them are honestly just thinking with certain organs for sure. But some people see something more than the hateable exterior and want that to be what the character is.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: October 11, 2010, 12:44:22 am »

...And some people resonate with the characters, seeing themselves as them and finding justifications for what they do to justify themselves, as we have seen in the MSPA thread. Lots of reasons for liking some characters, even if it is a bit odd. And oddly enough, thinking of the reaction Bandages gave makes some of that hate feeling fade away a bit. With Bandages I saw that attachment as he broke down a bit, and through this I empathize with these people.

Although this dredges up the previous fires bothering me with that, such as the similarity between him and her being the very person that I'm still bitter about from my childhood. I shoved it away because making sure this dude is alright is more important than whatever grief I may still have, but it's still damn there. I still irrationally dislike this guy despite him being the reason my previous problem was somewhat solved, and despite not knowing him well enough to pass any sort of judgment, or knowing him well enough to know how much he could use another friend that I could provide.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: October 11, 2010, 09:27:55 am »

I went out for breakfast with my mom today. On the way back I felt something scratching in my pants at my knee and thought it was an ant, so I tried to squish it. Then at a redlight I noticed it was still scratching so I stuck my hand up my pants and pulled out a cockroach sans abdomen. I proceed to freak out like someone who just pulled half a cockroach out of his pants. Then the light turned green and Mom accelerated which launched the leftovers box I had placed on the dashboard towards me. I caught it but sausage gravy shot out between the top and bottom halves of the box and covered my not-cockroach-having pants leg.

It didn't really make me sad but it was rather distressing.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: October 11, 2010, 10:46:34 am »

Frustrating math homework is killing me. I missed class today so I have no idea what I'm doing, and so far I've only gotten one answer right. Ahh, I've got some insane Hebrew exam in two days, I guess I should study for it instead of wasting my time with this crap.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:59:48 am by ILikePie »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: October 11, 2010, 11:46:40 am »

I can't connect to steam. :s

Edit: Actually I just connected. Yay. But now no one is on QQ
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:49:41 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:40 am »

Assuming every 'view' on the happy thread is about 1 minute of browsing, it has eaten a total of about half a year of life (250k/(60*24). That is both depressing and impressive at the same time.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: October 11, 2010, 12:13:32 pm »

sausage gravy

Did you make the obvious TF2 reference?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: October 11, 2010, 12:32:40 pm »

Did you make the obvious TF2 reference?
I actually have no idea what reference you're referring to.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: October 11, 2010, 12:54:21 pm »

I just got reminded why I left the upper forums. It's full of jackasses, rudeness, stagnancy, pretentiousness and idiots.

I know this sounds bad, but I'm in a bad mood right now.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: October 11, 2010, 01:12:53 pm »

Thank God we've only got Jackrabbit, rudeness, stagnancy, pretentiousness, Jackrabbit, Jackrabbit and egos down here.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: October 11, 2010, 01:13:41 pm »

Don't forget Jackrabbit
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:43 pm »

My drowning chamber drain is too small. It's taking long to drain after operation
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: October 11, 2010, 01:41:57 pm »

Looking for work sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 8166