Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443268 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13905 on: October 04, 2010, 04:13:36 pm »

I am sad because the longer I hang on theses forums the more people I put on my ignore list. Soon I will do nothing but scroll past giant blocks of "You are ignoring this user."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: October 04, 2010, 04:15:50 pm »

I am sad because the longer I hang on theses forums the more people I put on my ignore list. Soon I will do nothing but scroll past giant blocks of "You are ignoring this user."
Well that's a simple fix: Stop that!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: October 04, 2010, 04:16:03 pm »

How many people have you ignored? (and from where, if I can ask that)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: October 04, 2010, 04:20:40 pm »

Right now I got only four, but I know that I am a asshole and am going to add people at the drop of a hat and never remove them.

I got Armok because I don't want to have to deal with him when I am in a bad mood.

I got Dasleah and Medicine Man because they seem like halfwits and I really don't want to read what they say.

And then I have x2yzh9 because he is a whiner and a drama queen and if I do not ignore him I am going to get my ass kicked off this forum.

That makes me curious, who do other people have?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: October 04, 2010, 04:21:02 pm »

I'm not sure why anyone would put anyone on their ignore list, if it makes the users posts hidden. Seems like it would break the thread's discussion pretty fast.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: October 04, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »

I spent the last three hours trying to get a bloody video to work on my iPod. Apparently the lib that converts h264 in ffmpeg is broken, and you've got to use some extra flag. I spend an hour trying to find which flag to add, and when I finally add it, I get a segmentation fault. Dammit.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: October 04, 2010, 04:43:25 pm »

With all the talk abaut downloading pizzas and cars I feel this link is obligatory: http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: October 04, 2010, 04:47:03 pm »

With all the talk abaut downloading pizzas and cars I feel this link is obligatory: http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page
Plastic pizza doesn't count.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: October 04, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »

That is pretty silly to say that it is a free printer that can remake itself.

Looking at it it looks like only the least essential parts can be remade by it. The expensive stuff still needs to be purchased.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13914 on: October 04, 2010, 05:26:18 pm »

I have to say, it's a little creepy how the guy in the video talks about the printer like it's a living thing. It almost makes you think that these things are going to take over the world or something.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: October 04, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »

I have to say, it's a little creepy how the guy in the video talks about the printer like it's a living thing. It almost makes you think that these things are going to take over the world or som

You missed out on so much comedic gold right there.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #13916 on: October 04, 2010, 05:30:12 pm »

Looking at it it looks like only the least essential parts can be remade by it. The expensive stuff still needs to be purchased.
And then it fucks up the entire economy. If you could make anything you needed (excluding books and food), for a very low price, thousands of people would lose their jobs. I can't imagine what the world will look like when this project reaches completion.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: October 04, 2010, 05:31:16 pm »

If you could make anything you need, you wouldn't have to buy anything.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: October 04, 2010, 05:32:03 pm »

Hey.

They can make anything out of plastic right?

And then it fucks up the entire economy. If you could make anything you needed (excluding books and food), for a very low price, thousands of people would lose their jobs. I can't imagine what the world will look like when this project reaches completion.

Umm... I am sure that it will be okay.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: October 04, 2010, 05:34:27 pm »

If your job can be done by a machine, it was a waste of time to begin with.
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 8167