Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447809 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13410 on: September 27, 2010, 06:06:10 pm »

*HUGS FROM RONNIE THE PIE TOO*
Try to roll with things like this, take them as a joke, maybe even redirect them. Don't look hurt, nothing's more frustrating than someone ignoring your insults or taking them as mere jokes.

Also, believe I've wasted over 3 hours typing 'fortune | cowsay -f tux' into the console, I think I'm addicted (For those unfamiliar with the fortune command, it spits out random quote, kinda like a fortune cookie.).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:09:13 pm by ILikePie »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: September 27, 2010, 06:12:43 pm »

That is stupid. unless they're paying for the redesign, since the US still isn't the entire Internet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: September 27, 2010, 06:17:10 pm »

I guess we all have to start plotting our evil schemes in person now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: September 27, 2010, 06:18:28 pm »

Messages would need to be capable of being both intercepted and unencrypted.

Hmm... I guess fraudsters and identity thieves have been lobbying the government again?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: September 27, 2010, 06:18:49 pm »

While I have little doubt the bill will pass, there's no way they'll be able to make it work.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: September 27, 2010, 06:20:36 pm »

While I have little doubt the bill will pass, there's no way they'll be able to make it work.

That about sums up my feelings.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: September 27, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »

What if, say, Facebook relocates to somewhere else?  I mean, they can't force foreign NGOs to change all their code.

Alternatively, I'll just stop using any American chat providers.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: September 27, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

That about sums up my feelings.
Indeed. But they will then throw money at it, and if someone objects, sound-bytes like "nuclear terrorists" or "national security" will be thrown out to drown out the sanity.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: September 27, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »

Oh, make no mistake, the entire world is slowly spiraling down into an unstopable authoritarian nightmare. This particular instance, however, just happens to be stupid impractical.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: September 27, 2010, 06:51:51 pm »

GhostSurf ftw? I need to get that again...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: September 27, 2010, 08:24:07 pm »

When you say "In the right position", do you mean the cord has to be bent a certain way? If so, the wire is probably broken inside the insulation. Try cutting it open where you have to position it just so (unplug it first, obviously), solder the wire back together, and then wrap it in electric tape or something. Then let me know how it went, because my mouse is like that and I'm wondering if that would work, so I don't have to buy a new mouse. :P
No, it's not like that. The plug works at random positions or when I push it in the right way and hold it.
Right now, it only works in the second way and I probably half an hour before it dies and I'm unable to use it AGAIN.
By the way, it's not that I hate my sister. She pretty cool, actually. I'm probably just being effected by the oppressive heat and becoming angry...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: September 27, 2010, 08:31:55 pm »

That definitely sounds like a break in the wire. Do you know how to solder? Find the break, strip back the wire, fix it, and then re-insulate it with electrical tape.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:39 pm »

When you say "In the right position", do you mean the cord has to be bent a certain way? If so, the wire is probably broken inside the insulation. Try cutting it open where you have to position it just so (unplug it first, obviously), solder the wire back together, and then wrap it in electric tape or something. Then let me know how it went, because my mouse is like that and I'm wondering if that would work, so I don't have to buy a new mouse. :P
No, it's not like that. The plug works at random positions or when I push it in the right way and hold it.
Right now, it only works in the second way and I probably half an hour before it dies and I'm unable to use it AGAIN.
By the way, it's not that I hate my sister. She pretty cool, actually. I'm probably just being effected by the oppressive heat and becoming angry...

What oppressive heat? You're not even on our island. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 8167