Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452138 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13245 on: September 25, 2010, 07:54:15 pm »

BLEUGH: Repercussions of Solitude

Yeah, yeah, off to ride my lone horse into the distance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: September 25, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »

Man, I don't even want to talk about it. I'm sad, end of story.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: September 25, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »

Someone in my family is really sad that I forgot their birthday.
It was almost a fortnight ago.
You'd think they'd remember that I never remember birthdays.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: September 25, 2010, 11:42:48 pm »

A lot of guys just like soft-spoken women, and women who they feel smart against.
what's the deal with taking advantage of vulnerable little ingenues?  Sure, in books, it can be kind of interesting--but in real life, those sorts of people just make me angry.
@Karnewarrior - Personally, I wouldn't mind meeting a woman who was smart and assertive. You can't debate things with someone who gives up easily. It's much better when you can both state an opinion and then use logic to determine who is right. It's no fun when the other person's argument is 'whatever', followed by silence.

@Vector - Who, the vulnerable ingenues or the (terrible) people that take advantage of them?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: September 26, 2010, 12:03:59 am »

@Vector - Who, the vulnerable ingenues or the (terrible) people that take advantage of them?

Latter more than former.  Never liked the archetypal woman who stands on the sidelines in her lavender silk dress and long lashes, possibly with the hint of a stubborn chin, imploring, always moving people with her crystalline tears.  Oh, and she has a wonderful singing voice.  And she's a friend of animals.

Or maybe I just mean that I hate Mary Sues.  But some part of me is convinced that people like this actually exist, since I've met at least one of them--and they just drive me up the wall.  I don't like this particular breed of person because they're too busy being submissive and gentle to go re-steal their own goddamned lunchboxes, and other people can't seem to get over just how wonderfully sweet they are (when in reality it's a certain way of speaking more than any sort of kind action).

Meh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: September 26, 2010, 12:25:18 am »

Vector your avatar, where is it.

I'll go get you one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: September 26, 2010, 12:26:34 am »

It's gone right now.  This is a time to reconsider a great many things.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: September 26, 2010, 12:29:02 am »

Apple.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: September 26, 2010, 12:31:44 am »

I'm honestly surprised I'm the one to say this, since I do it all the time myself, but at the risk of asking something you've been asked before: Vector, why does the existence of these Platonic Housewives bother you?  You know you're not one of them, you know you're never going to be one, you know you're never going to stay with a guy who expects you to be one because you don't have to, and you know there are plenty of guys in the world who would never expect such.

I never have a lot of advice by wordcount, and it always seems like I'm saying nothing.  But if I could give you some advice from my own stupidly huge posts as of two weeks ago - just don't care about it.  It's amazing how easy it is once you honestly convince yourself you don't have to, and everything else just feels alright then.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: September 26, 2010, 12:34:38 am »

NO. ORANGE.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: September 26, 2010, 12:38:52 am »

Green makes you lean.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: September 26, 2010, 12:44:49 am »

I'm honestly surprised I'm the one to say this, since I do it all the time myself, but at the risk of asking something you've been asked before: why does the existence of these Platonic Housewives bother you?  You know you're not one of them, you know you're never going to be one, you know you're never going to stay with a guy who expects you to be one because you don't have to, and you know there are plenty of guys in the world who would never expect such.

Because people who get in trouble and are too damned ladylike to get themselves out of it make me angry.  It's not that they're too beaten down to do anything.  It's not that they can't figure out what to do.  It's that they won't bother, because that would crack their image.

It's like... it's like wasting food and water.  It's like throwing away a shirt you've worn a couple of times because you can turn your nose up at it.  It's the creation of a situation that someone needs to be saved from, needlessly.  It's wasting a precious resource: effort.  It's senseless, and it's stupid, and it's decadent and destructive.  I don't ignore it like I don't ignore other sorts of rich idiots, throwing things down the drain since they have no sense of perspective.

I feel similarly about men doing the same thing, by the way.  The only thing is that we call men who don't strike out for themselves losers, and women who just hang back are lauded by society as a feminine ideal.  The helpless little waif with bound feet, the hand that has never held a tool, the skin that has never felt the sun.

I know I sound like Marx, but I don't really care: it sickens me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: September 26, 2010, 12:49:50 am »

Whenever I get philosophical, I go through phases of scale, from believing everyone should be happy to everyone should tirelessly for the SINGULARITY and then that our lives are fleeting and meaningless and we should do whatever the fuck we want and be happy.

I stop thinking about it at that point.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:53:07 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: September 26, 2010, 12:56:07 am »

I'm of the opinion that people should all be able to take care of themselves, or at least try to be able to.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: September 26, 2010, 01:02:18 am »

APPLE

ORANGE

LIME

AND LEMON

TOGETHER THEY ARE THE FRUIT MAN GROUP

STUFF EXPLODES
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 8167