Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453745 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13185 on: September 25, 2010, 07:30:53 am »

Yeah, well... one of the many reasons why I don't have a Facebook account anymore, and haven't had one for nearly half a year now.  For all its "utility" in "social-networking," I just found it an enormous waste of time.
Not true!  I mean, think of all the time it saves for anyone wanting to stalk you... :/

I... don't really get it either, to be honest.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: September 25, 2010, 07:32:19 am »

Facebook is nifty, and take it from someone who overthinks everything, y'all really overthink everything.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: September 25, 2010, 07:46:15 am »

Make notes as you read. The process of rearranging the information and putting it on paper using your own words will help you retain that information. Plus, you can always read your notes if you happen to forget it anyhow.

That's actually a pretty good idea.
I had this leather-bound notebook lying around forever, never being able to found any use for it.
Thank you.

Read it again, plus while you might not remember the spefifics you can remember the story.  I remember reading one book a year ago and I remember all of it and I have pretty bad memory.

Normally that works quite well for me.
You could ask me anything about the discworld and I wouldn't have any problem recalling it, as long as it was in a book I've read.

Sadly, that does not work when reading something scientific or philosophical.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: September 25, 2010, 08:12:59 am »

Oh... Well you atleast got an answer thats useful from Il Palazzo
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: September 25, 2010, 08:32:07 am »

Well damn it, I feel sick today. Tomorrow will fefinitely most certainly be a better day...

While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: September 25, 2010, 09:19:12 am »

Oh... Well you atleast got an answer thats useful from Il Palazzo

Sorry, I should have been more specific about the book I was reading.
That one requires me to read up a lot of cross references on the internet, so the notes solution comes in handy.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: September 25, 2010, 09:26:52 am »

I think it may be time to fix these glasses or get a new pair. The lens is chipped and they don't seem to fit comfortably whatever I do. My head seems to want to turn to the left all the time.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: September 25, 2010, 09:46:50 am »

I'd dump 'im.  I don't think I'm compatible with people who really want Close-Knit American Families.  Too aloof; I have to keep a reasonable amount of distance, and I'm never going to be anyone's little wife.  I may be small and short, but in the idiomatic sense of the word... never.
I didn't think that being a wife necessarily meant conforming to feminine stereotypes. Marriage doesn't seem to change that much about someone.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: September 25, 2010, 10:28:25 am »

I died in Minecraft and now I can't find my tower :c
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: September 25, 2010, 10:30:26 am »

seems normal enough.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: September 25, 2010, 10:44:02 am »

I'm sad that nobody is recognising my shitty serial killer forum game! I am also sad that I keep on blatantly advertising it and I think that's why

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: September 25, 2010, 12:01:13 pm »

I dont have minecraft and/or I dont have the computing power :C Apparantly you can go into the clouds or something?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: September 25, 2010, 12:21:39 pm »

I didn't think that being a wife necessarily meant conforming to feminine stereotypes. Marriage doesn't seem to change that much about someone.

What I meant was that all this would probably be easier if I were interested in being a housewife.  My experience is that men act attracted to me only when I act submissive.  When I'm not busy pretending to be stupid(er) and naive, they act intimidated or otherwise disinterested.

So no, it isn't required, but it sure seems to help.  I guess I have the reverse of Solifuge's problem.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: September 25, 2010, 12:29:00 pm »

Or, y'know, you're just meeting some jerks.  I mean, that's the whole idea right?  Finding the guy who likes who you are, which by definition will the last one you meet.

And yes, if ever there was a time to make your case that being married does not mean a life of domestic servitude and cranking out children, it's now.  You've said you're 20 years old, right?  If there's one thing I've learned from watching every single member of my family marry and divorce at least once or twice, it's that anybody who thinks they know who they want to spend the rest of their life with, and goes into it believing that, before the age of 25 or 30 is taking the mother of all gambles.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:34 pm »

My experience is that men act attracted to me only when I act submissive.  When I'm not busy pretending to be stupid(er) and naive, they act intimidated or otherwise disinterested.

They're intimidated because they're insecure.  They were probably attracted to you because your appearance/demeanor suggested you were not just submissive but vulnerable (honestly I'd think the same thing if I saw a girl wearing those boots you posted a while back, no offense), have low standards, are easily manipulated, etc.  There are plenty of dudes out there who like assertive women, but are you actually projecting an air of assertiveness, and the emotional stability that brings out the good side of assertiveness?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:48:08 pm by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 8167