Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455138 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13170 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:27 am »

The guy whose Netflix I was leeching off of changed his password.
I can still use it on my 360, but I can't access the website to find specific things, instead being stuck with what little they do post on the 360.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: September 25, 2010, 01:45:18 am »

My mother is trying to Facebook-stalk my friends and doesn't seem to understand why I might not be okay with this, or why I might not want to give her directions.

This just in: must not let anything I do online get attached to my real name.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: September 25, 2010, 02:08:14 am »

This just in: must not let anything I do online get attached to my real name.

... this is actually a good idea in our current day and world. Particularily if it's stuff that might offend people you might not want to offend. Like that guy said, "Friend, do like me and avoid getting tangled in politics"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: September 25, 2010, 02:12:28 am »

Yeah, well... one of the many reasons why I don't have a Facebook account anymore, and haven't had one for nearly half a year now.  For all its "utility" in "social-networking," I just found it an enormous waste of time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: September 25, 2010, 02:23:16 am »

I have two. The one under my real name I keep out of controversial issues, for the most part.

(but yeah, it's pretty much a time-waster. TBH I find twitter a more practical site, not because I tweet anything, which I don't, but because it doubles as a quite efficient newsfeed)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:24:58 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: September 25, 2010, 02:46:20 am »

I know I keep saying this, but I have to go make some friends.  My mom thinks good conversation involves grabbing me at 12:30 AM to talk about Rosewood.

It's been nearly six months.  I don't want to talk about Rosewood.  I don't want to think about Rosewood.  I think about him all the same, but mostly I'm stuck with this bitter taste in my mouth that says: "Vector, no matter what nice things you may remember, it's not worth it."

With that particular guy: definitely agree.  With all guys: hurm.

Other thing that scares me: my peers have suddenly become of a marriageable age.  Soon they will probably be having children.  In fact, one of the girls I hung out with in sixth grade came to my high school graduation quite pregnant (she had dropped out several years before).

I am not a responsible adult.  I can barely feed myself.  My marketable skills are: "can do high-level mathematics, speak a handful of languages, and beat people about the shoulders with pretentious English vocabulary."  Why are people my age or younger spewing babies?  Have they somehow managed to accumulate vast troves of Maturity and Knowledge which I am lacking, which somehow makes them suitable mothers and fathers?

Bleh.  No one really cares.  Should go off and write craptacular novel to give brain something to do.  Dunno how I'd fit utter terror of being stuck with children in there, though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: September 25, 2010, 03:16:25 am »

Here's another worry for you: What if you started a relationship and your S.O. wanted a baby? I know this worries me. (Don't know why, thought, given my patent inability to get a S.O.... *grumble*)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: September 25, 2010, 03:21:14 am »

Here's another worry for you: What if you started a relationship and your S.O. wanted a baby? I know this worries me. (Don't know why, thought, given my patent inability to get a S.O.... *grumble*)

I'd dump 'im.  I don't think I'm compatible with people who really want Close-Knit American Families.  Too aloof; I have to keep a reasonable amount of distance, and I'm never going to be anyone's little wife.  I may be small and short, but in the idiomatic sense of the word... never.

Same goes for pregnant, barefoot, and in the kitchen.  I think not.

Yeah, okay, never going to get an S.O.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: September 25, 2010, 03:31:48 am »

Yeah, well... one of the many reasons why I don't have a Facebook account anymore, and haven't had one for nearly half a year now.  For all its "utility" in "social-networking," I just found it an enormous waste of time.

I've gotten facebook two months ago, out of curiosity.
My skepsis was justified.
All I do, is checking the site several times a day just to discover, that nothing new/interesting has happened.

Oh well, at least you get the feeling to be SOMEHOW involved in other peoples lifes.

I am not a responsible adult.  I can barely feed myself.  My marketable skills are: "can do high-level mathematics, speak a handful of languages, and beat people about the shoulders with pretentious English vocabulary."  Why are people my age or younger spewing babies?  Have they somehow managed to accumulate vast troves of Maturity and Knowledge which I am lacking, which somehow makes them suitable mothers and fathers?

We had to shorten our graduation ceremony, because the girlfriend of one of my classmates was giving birth.
They were living together for some years now, but that guy wasn't anywhere near mature enough to raise a child...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: September 25, 2010, 03:37:20 am »

Aside from losing my job to a migraine yesterday (which I'm not really complaining about), I had dinner with a new friend and her husband, where I learned a little more about what I want. I'd love to have some more people in my life, but what I really want are people I can go out and DO things with. The people I know don't satisfy me because when I spend time with others, I don't want to play video games and watch movies, I'd like to go work out, and do parkour, or go to an amusement park, etc.

I loved it when I had someone to go joyriding with, who was the same person I took breakdancing lessons with. I need more of that.

On a happy note, I'm going to make looking for a job my current job, along with gearing up for the Homeland Security interview.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: September 25, 2010, 03:42:31 am »

To add my gripes to the communal pot of Woe:

My peers are graduated, married, and working on exciting careers around the country and world. After close to 5 years, I've not yet graduated College, busy instead meandering through the workplace, part-time school, and this thing called independence. My older sister has been married for a few years now, and my younger brother just let us know that he's engaged. By contrast, I've not been in a relationship for over a year now. Granted I'm not in a big hurry to change that, but when I inform curious friends that I'm not, they often react with surprise, since they "expect I'd have found someone by now." What does that even mean?

Anyway, by all accounts of age and life experience, I'm an adult. I don't particularly feel like one though. I don't feel like a kid either, but it still feels a bit weird when strangers refer to me as "Man".

What if you started a relationship and your S.O. wanted a baby? I know this worries me. (Don't know why, though, given my patent inability to get a S.O.... *grumble*)

I like kids in small doses, but taking care of a cat and some plants is enough to keep whatever passes for my fatherly instincts quite occupied. I've got pretty solid genes, and I'd rather like to bring a kid into the world some day, but I have no idea when I'll be ready for that. I dated someone who had a kid once, and it was an enlightening experience in just how not ready for children I was.

--
P.S. In regards to Facebook, the only function I see it serving is to remind people, no matter who they are or how successful they may be, of all the cool and impressive things they haven't been doing.

EDIT: smigenboger, it was a fake Edit. I religiously correct grammatical mistakes, often after the fact.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 03:49:57 am by Solifuge »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: September 25, 2010, 03:48:18 am »

I have no idea what you edited.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: September 25, 2010, 06:22:05 am »

I'm reading a very interesting book right now.
Comprehending what I'm reading isn't the problem, however I'm sure I won't remember much of it once I've finished reading it.

Any advice on how I could memorize more of the information?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: September 25, 2010, 06:54:03 am »

Make notes as you read. The process of rearranging the information and putting it on paper using your own words will help you retain that information. Plus, you can always read your notes if you happen to forget it anyhow.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: September 25, 2010, 06:55:02 am »

I'm reading a very interesting book right now.
Comprehending what I'm reading isn't the problem, however I'm sure I won't remember much of it once I've finished reading it.

Any advice on how I could memorize more of the information?
Read it again, plus while you might not remember the spefifics you can remember the story.  I remember reading one book a year ago and I remember all of it and I have pretty bad memory.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 8167