Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455102 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13140 on: September 24, 2010, 11:56:48 am »

My life is going into a depression spiral. That and Jerks at school.
Poor guy. I know how you feel. If you can't deal with the bullies with words, deal with them with fists.
or feets.

Or POWER ARMOR.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: September 24, 2010, 12:05:36 pm »

Poor guy. I know how you feel. If you can't deal with the bullies with words, deal with them with fists.
or feets.

Or POWER ARMOR.
Or lightsaber chainsaw katana's that use the power of friendship!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: September 24, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »

or feets.

Or POWER ARMOR.
Or lightsaber chainsaw katana's that use the power of friendship!

Or power armor. That uses the power of fossil fuels.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: September 24, 2010, 12:18:42 pm »

I remember reading a study or a reference to a study on random reinforcement. The setup is two groups, one where lab rats doing into certain areas of a container would get an electric shock and another where an electric shock would be dispensed randomly. The rats of the first container quickly figured out the danger areas and avoided them. The second group of mice grew paranoid, shakey, started to lose fur from the stress and ate less.

I'm feeling like the second group. I never know when my dad will call me up for some stupid crap. It's grown a bit harsher today, I can sense that I'm a lot more shakey than usual and I don't have any drive to go into any activity in fear that I'll just be yanked away.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: September 24, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »

I don't know about your relationship with your dad, but my dad stopped doing that once I got ballsy enough to say, "Hey, GTFO, I'm busy." For some reason, he appreciated that. He's just like that though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Edit: I guess next time I should try to post something useful, eh?  :-\
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:57:38 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: September 24, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »

@Duke: Hey, man, just hold on a bit longer.  It does get better, and a little time will help everything.

Blorgh.  I need to get back to real school, because I turn into a chubby little creep when I don't have much to occupy myself with.  I've gained 15 pounds in the past six months =/  Of course, a reasonable amount of that was muscle, and I was basically starving before... but blorgh, man.  Blorgh.  I need a lot more work to keep myself occupied, because these two easy-peasy courses are not doing it at all.  I haven't had this little homework for pretty much ever.  I remember spending more time working in elementary school.

I guess I just need to go back to doing mathematics.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: September 24, 2010, 12:43:44 pm »

Careful Duke, you're turning into me. D:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: September 24, 2010, 12:46:22 pm »

Careful Duke, you're turning into me. D:

And for you, a pointer:

When somebody is airing their troubles, saying "Oh man, now you are approaching my level of difficulty" just makes them want to punch you.  If you can't figure out anything kinder to say, then don't say anything.

I am calling you out on this because you've done it multiple times--not to me, but to other people.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: September 24, 2010, 12:55:57 pm »

SCREW JERKS
FUCK THE ASSHOLES
TALK TO TOONY

Speaking of which, I'm going to need to make a second photobucket account soon.  I'm almost capping the storage space I have.
Isn't yours premium already?
I haven't checked it out, but I think that costs dough.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: September 24, 2010, 01:40:13 pm »

I'm feeling like the second group. I never know when my dad will call me up for some stupid crap. It's grown a bit harsher today, I can sense that I'm a lot more shakey than usual and I don't have any drive to go into any activity in fear that I'll just be yanked away.

Hang in there.
Up until recently I had similar problems with my parents.
I'm not sure what happened, but now they say it's my life and that they will stay out of it.
Maybe it'll work out for you this way as well...

Blorgh.  I need to get back to real school, because I turn into a chubby little creep when I don't have much to occupy myself with.  I've gained 15 pounds in the past six months =/  Of course, a reasonable amount of that was muscle, and I was basically starving before... but blorgh, man.  Blorgh.

The only thing that stands between myself and lossing some excessive pounds at the gym, is a lazy, hard to persuade friend of mine.
A single nerd at the gym just looks way out of place...

Another option would be joining one of those diets my mother is making all the time.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: September 24, 2010, 02:00:51 pm »

Alas, you cant punch people over the net, Vector
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: September 24, 2010, 02:02:10 pm »

Yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: September 24, 2010, 02:04:03 pm »

Not for lack of trying.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: September 24, 2010, 02:30:19 pm »

Not for lack of trying.

...and thus Vector had to buy a new monitor. And a wrist-brace.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: September 24, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »

Today was a bad day. I'll be better about it tomorrow.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 8167