Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452197 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12630 on: September 16, 2010, 08:08:22 am »

Why does Nenjin have my pirate for his avatar.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: September 16, 2010, 08:13:05 am »

If I have to lie and pretend to be someone else it ruins the entire point, because it's not ME that's doing anything, just some mask.
It's not about lying. It's about learning good manners. It's what people do when they want to form a society, so that they don't kill each other over their clashing egos.
One either makes an effort, or goes the hermit's way.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: September 16, 2010, 09:01:04 am »

I have two free periods (45mins each) on Thursday, then a pe class, and then I go home. I asked my pe teacher if there is class at the end of the day, and he tells me "Oh yes, yes of course". Okay, fine, I didn't want to sit around for 90mins, so I decided I'd join some class as a "guest". I joined biology (which sadly, I don't enjoy very much), and at the end of the class, the teacher says there isn't pe, and that we could all go home. I sat in biology 90mins only to learn that I could have gone home instead... at one pm. Damn it.
I wanted to kill that dumbass pe teacher.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:28:57 am by ILikePie »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: September 16, 2010, 09:06:26 am »

I'm sad that almost every time I attempt to post today I get interrupted by a forum maintenance screen D:

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: September 16, 2010, 09:08:07 am »

What made me sad?

The Passage. God damn that book and its fucking depressing Epilogue that doesn't even concern the main characters but is still depressing as fuck
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: September 16, 2010, 09:37:29 am »

I'm sad that there is a bit of forumites who will accuse anything involving dwarfs as a DF rip-off.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40:30 am »

RL is a DF rip off.

EDIT: Bitch just got trolled.  This makes me sad.  What have I become.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: September 16, 2010, 11:22:24 am »

I don't really speak for the rest of the forum, but I personally have seen some growth in you, Armok.

Yeah I noticed that too.
I've seen some constructive posts lately.

You can expand on that.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: September 16, 2010, 11:26:57 am »

Today in one of my politics classes our teacher said we would be talking about Hobbes and his theories. We started off with the usual generic background of Elizabethan England that you get in every single history/politics/philosophy intro class that you ever take... and then an hour and a half later we were done. We never mentioned Hobbes once, although the powerpoint was called 'Thomas Hobbes' and just about every redundant slide had an image of him. What.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12639 on: September 16, 2010, 01:10:56 pm »

I've been feeling woozy lately, and noticed I've been feeling this way for the past couple days, sorta dizzy. Noticed it sticking around when I went for a walk.

Just today, I felt my throat also feeling a tad sore but not entirely. If I'm sick at all, then let's hope it stays this mild. Last thing I want is to be bedridden all week (especially since work for the week just passed yesterday). I could think of a few sources that could have started this, but it's already hit, so I'm just riding it out and hoping for more/better immunity for a good amount of the future after this passes. Plus, I have a rather decent immunity system, so hopefully it should remain mild while it's around.

Last sickness was unpleasant, and I don't want to be inactive because of a sickness; I'd rather be inactive because I'm lazy.

EDIT:
Fortunately I have a small collection of water bottles and practically drink like a fish, so keeping hydrated should be no problem.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:13:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: September 16, 2010, 01:21:11 pm »

Suddenly, we have no water. Normally it's a minor problem (I can just go out and buy a few gallon jugs of water) but the kitten needed food, and to make that I need water. It's rather surprising how much of daily life grinds to a halt when the water mains run dry.

Modern civilization is so precariously balanced, and depends so completely on electricity, telephony, and water. Makes you feel tiny.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12641 on: September 16, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »

I don't really speak for the rest of the forum, but I personally have seen some growth in you, Armok.

Yeah I noticed that too.

You can expand on that.
Try working on grammar and spelling more though.
On that note, I'm sad because I think I'm too much of a grammar nazi. I tend to get unreasonably angry when people can't spell or at least use semi-proper grammar. Even if it's me that's making the mistake. If I can't spell something, I don't use it.
I recently yelled at the TV during Joe TV's Labor Day Loony Tunes marathon when they popped up a title card between episodes that used the wrong your/you're.
It's a bad habit I know... Maybe I should become an editor...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: September 16, 2010, 01:35:52 pm »

Have I grown?
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: September 16, 2010, 01:36:01 pm »

Couldn't help someone.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: September 16, 2010, 02:43:09 pm »

Yeah I noticed that too.

You can expand on that.
Try working on grammar and spelling more though.
On that note, I'm sad because I think I'm too much of a grammar nazi. I tend to get unreasonably angry when people can't spell or at least use semi-proper grammar. Even if it's me that's making the mistake. If I can't spell something, I don't use it.
I recently yelled at the TV during Joe TV's Labor Day Loony Tunes marathon when they popped up a title card between episodes that used the wrong your/you're.
It's a bad habit I know... Maybe I should become an editor...

I don't get mad at spelling.
It might not be their first language after all.

What gets me mad are people who ignore punctuation and capitalization.
Makes me want to skip that post...
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 8167