Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451961 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12600 on: September 15, 2010, 05:05:06 pm »

My parents say (one of) our dog(s) seems sick in an unspecific way. He eats well, doesn't seem in pain (as in joint pain, which he has had in the past), yet seems to move very slowly, as if unable or unwilling to go faster. Somewhat worried.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: September 15, 2010, 05:06:53 pm »

Quote from: Armok
*Armok stuff*
Look, chap, you obviously lack some social skills. You like to admit that yourself, even though you don't always seem to get what these actually are.
This forum is a not too terrible a place to get a hang of the stuff, as long as you're willing to reflect on why people tend to react to your posts in one way or the other, and change accordingly.
It's (ok, usually)not that people like being mean to you, because thery're such arseholes, it's simply that what you say is way too often irksome.

Here, let me give you a definition(mine, yes) of "social skills" - it's a habit of trimming one's own personality, so as to not piss off other people.

If you'll keep on thinking that, whenever somebody complains about you, he or she intrudes on your personal space, and wrongly tries to change the "who you are", then you're not going to fit in any community anywhere, never.
If you crave acceptance, take those comments you get, however painful they can be, as a guidance to what needs changing in your behaviour. You don't have to abandon whatever grandoise assessments of your own persona you hold - just don't flaunt them in public. If you will, you can be a mysterious mastermind, schemming his crazy devices while maintaining a properly-mannered facade for the world to behold.
You don't have to forfeit for eternity the pleasure of sharing your thoughts, as long as you present them in a manner that doesn't invite ridicule.
Hell, I know you can learn those "social skills", as you've been making way less spelling errors(despite what Aqizzar says), and cracking an occasional self-referential joke. It seems to me, that you've begun to see what people find annoying about you, and you're willing to take it to heart.

Oh, and if you want an academic-minded community, go to the "less wrong" blog(?): http://lesswrong.com/

I've been typing this while stark naked, which suddenly makes me feel uneasy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: September 15, 2010, 05:11:22 pm »

Gogo Abraham Lincoln:

"It's better to be silent, and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: September 15, 2010, 05:33:20 pm »

I love that guy. He's awesome.

Also, what made me sad:

I can't play adventure mode so much now, but at least this purge means that we will soon have a really fun adventurer mode!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: September 15, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »

I was also coughing a lot today in class, so I left after a hour. On the plus side I was able to study in the afternoon
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: September 15, 2010, 06:45:45 pm »

I'm always on Steam Duke except when I'm not.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: September 15, 2010, 06:55:11 pm »

I'm always on Steam Duke except when I'm not.
Ha! I'm always on steam even when I'm not!
...mainly because I don't bother to turn my computer off very often.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: September 15, 2010, 06:58:16 pm »

Duke. I love you. And I want to be with you forever.

Now... Make that into a paragraph, in your head, and take the pansy meter from nine, and slip it down to around... four.

And that's the speech I'd normally make and then edit out.
This seems safer.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: September 15, 2010, 07:10:20 pm »

Then I demand you to eat breakfast tomorrow, something like a bowl or cereal or a bagel, or something, close your eyes, and focus on the pure feeling and emotion of eating it. If you eat a bagel, split it in half, admiring the resistance and give of the bagel's soft, tender sponginess. Place it into the toaster, waiting in anticipation for the crispy deliciousness, salivating at the thought of consuming such a simple, yet elegant meal. When it's ready, stop and smell the decadent aroma of warm and nearly burnt bread. Dip a knife into the butter container and spread it on the bagel like it was the first time you've ever done it. Be calm, relax. Now you're ready for the happiest, most emotion-consuming bagel of your life.
Now I really need a bagal.  But it's midnight, and there are none in the house.

Damn you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: September 15, 2010, 07:13:52 pm »

Cute little total idiot. That made me both very happy, and very, very sad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: September 15, 2010, 10:35:00 pm »

I myself am beginning to feel old. I may have shown up months after Aqizzar and Toonyman, but two years is still a long time. I don't mind much, though. More experience for current times.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: September 15, 2010, 10:37:16 pm »

Nah, I've been here 2 years as well. Not as long as you think.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: September 15, 2010, 10:40:58 pm »

Hey, better then being on for a year and no one knows who you are.

I need to post more random funny crap.

TEACH ME JACK!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: September 15, 2010, 10:42:53 pm »

They are making a Cowboy Bebop movie.

God dammit why.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: September 15, 2010, 10:44:20 pm »

I've been on as long as Jack.

And my post count is way below his.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 8167