Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451442 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12585 on: September 15, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

Feh, I'm naturally drawn to preach with much to-do whenever people talk about problems they face. I need to look into ditching the soapbox, since it's mostly serving as a way for me to distract from my own issues, but still feel like I'm making progress... a force of habit from that being the social role I served among friends for years.

By now, the soapbox is practically attached to my feet. :/

Don't talk about it, like if it was a bad habit.

Todays society lacks people who truly care, or at least try to be supportive.
I'd be glad, if I had someone to set me straight every once in a while.

Now say, "Thank you, Mistah Tooneh."

Yes I get it.
But it was neither helpful, nor funny, nor was it revevant to any situation where I needed straight setting.

I thought it was pretty funny, but I'm the kind of person who thinks things like that are funny, so take that as you will.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12586 on: September 15, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »

Feh, I'm naturally drawn to preach with much to-do whenever people talk about problems they face. I need to look into ditching the soapbox, since it's mostly serving as a way for me to distract from my own issues, but still feel like I'm making progress... a force of habit from that being the social role I served among friends for years.

By now, the soapbox is practically attached to my feet. :/

Don't talk about it, like if it was a bad habit.

Todays society lacks people who truly care, or at least try to be supportive.
I'd be glad, if I had someone to set me straight every once in a while.

Now say, "Thank you, Mistah Tooneh."

Yes I get it.
But it was neither helpful, nor funny, nor was it revevant to any situation where I needed straight setting.

I thought it was pretty funny, but I'm the kind of person who thinks things like that are funny, so take that as you will.

It was pretty funny.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »

I don't get it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:23 pm »

Yeah, dissolution is running rampant for some reason.  At least among the post-3D crowd.  Me and Janet had a good cry the other night when we realized we're now the old farts.  I remember being on the other side of this same conversation with Kagus like a year and a half ago.  What the fuck is going on here.

Also Aqizzar I'm on part 4 on that LP of Sonic 2006, god help me.

Only part 4?  As bad as you think it is now, it just keeps going downhill.

And I hope you won't take it personally if I switch back to my old avatar.  Double Downs Ben is great, but somehow I feel like I'm not being taken seriously.
If you're an old fart Aqizzar I'm the fart's grand parents.

Anyway, I've been going through the LP slowly because my internet sucks and I'm having trouble getting viddler to work right, but I hear once they finish Sonic's story line they finally completely lose it.

Like complete sanity losage, not slippage, losage.

Which isn't even a word.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: September 15, 2010, 04:26:43 pm »

Anyway, I've been going through the LP slowly because my internet sucks and I'm having trouble getting viddler to work right, but I hear once they finish Sonic's story line they finally completely lose it.

Like complete sanity losage, not slippage, losage.

Which isn't even a word.

Oh, I thought you meant video #4, not the "fourth" part.  Yeah, the finale is a monument to suffering.  Kung Fu Jesus' a'cappella dirge over the last view videos is something to behold.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: September 15, 2010, 04:28:40 pm »

I did mean video #4, titled "It's no use!".

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: September 15, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »

Dude, it's hard to give you advice when what you're saying is:

I'm academically-minded and don't like playing games.  I don't belong here and people make fun of me, I don't like reading the forums, and I don't like the culture.  You guys are narrow-minded, idiotic, petty, and sociopathic.  Oh, and I'm incapable of integrating into other online communities.

I mean... if you need advice on integrating into communities, I can give that to you.  As far as everything else goes, I think that the people here have been becoming more gentle, generous, and able to take a joke.  We've also become one heck of a lot more supportive over the past while, not just of the well-known individuals, but also of random people who wander into the sad thread and have something to say.  We even give good advice in Life Advice once in a while.

Everyone is made fun of, Armok.  You occasionally make a gaffe; so do I.  I think the difference between us is that I try to laugh it off and join in the fun, while you can't quite figure out where the joke is.  Sometimes the joke will be on you, sometimes on me, and all we can do is roll with the punches.

If you don't like the culture, then it's your job to either find a culture you like, or to change the culture here via your own actions.
D':
Quote from: Renault link=topic=43236.msg1568584#msg1568584   date=1284583827
hug?

I   will hug the armok!
This community would have a pretty big void   without you. Don't feel like you don't fit it or whatnot; you're   something of a staple here. If you left, we'd be a weaker forum for it   D:
*hugs*
Well, it'd be missing it's SCRAPEGOAT.

Quote from: Duke 2.0 link=topic=43236.msg1568589#msg1568589   date=1284583928
hug?
Alright   dude, you get a hug.
*hug*

Quote from: Aqizzar link=topic=43236.msg1568608#msg1568608   date=1284584373
You know I've always got your back Duke.  There's   times I miss the big green U avatar, as cool as the Golden Helmet guy   is.  Made me feel like we were bros, just stumbling onto a pair of   styles that looked like they went together.

Regarding Armok...  I   want to say I'm willing to give the guy a second chance about being a   respectable conversation partner (and Armok, just because I'm talking   about you in the third-person, I'm still sure you'll read this).  But I   have given him a second chance, and a third chance and so on, in public   and private correspondence.  Ever attempt I made to dig out a   reasonable, self-conscious person hit a brick wall of egotism and   moonspeak.  But he's mellowed out in recent months, either because he's   woken up to the fact that nobody believes or cares about his assessment   of his own world-shaking brilliance, or because he's just afraid to   speak up.  Either way, I'm always willing to give anybody another   chance, but every one after the first carries with it more reluctance to   actually be friendly.
D:
That one. I don't dare to open my mouth other than for brain dead forum games any more.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: September 15, 2010, 04:33:02 pm »

That LP is kind of disturbing, in my opinion. But to say more would be spoilers.

By the way, what issues does Viddler give you? I find that occasionally the video won't load, and when that happens none more will load untill I restart the whole computer, even on other sites.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12593 on: September 15, 2010, 04:36:23 pm »

For Armok, you'll gain some respect and conversationability by occasionally posting in the Happy thread, and responding positively to the happenings of other people. Most people here aren't actually against you, though some like to accentuate the negative when you say something outlandish.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: September 15, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »

I have no issues, I am fine.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: September 15, 2010, 04:41:33 pm »

Armok, know that when I ask this, I'm being completely serious.  How did you manage to butcher quotes that badly?  All you have to do is press the Quote button, and somehow you broke all the links and inserted a bunch of extra spaces.  I know this looks like an inane and petty snark, but I mean it as a serious question.  Your increasingly atrocious typing is indicative of just how little you care about what your posts even look like, or what kinda of even minuscule effort you're willing to put in to get it right, let alone whether you're conveying whatever you're trying to say.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12596 on: September 15, 2010, 04:43:22 pm »

Broken quotes are more exotic.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: September 15, 2010, 04:46:03 pm »

Only part 4?  As bad as you think it is now, it just keeps going downhill.
You can't really go more downhill when you are already falling down a sheer cliff face.

And yeah, thanks dudes. I sort of forgot that Toony is a Bro and always shall be a Bro, and I want to say something about it's nice knowing I'm not the only guy going through this but such a statement is a bit too depressing to be met with joy. Reassuring would probably be a better word.

And yeah, Armok, despite all the things that have made us all grown somewhat distant to you there is still some quality that is willing to give you a second chance. If you ever get scared thinking that nobody will want to be with you and converse with you remember that we have gone back multiple times for a reason. There is a dude in there we want to talk to, that we want to give hugs back to.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: September 15, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »

For Armok, you'll gain some respect and conversationability by occasionally posting in the Happy thread, and responding positively to the happenings of other people. Most people here aren't actually against you, though some like to accentuate the negative when you say something outlandish.
Happy things don't happen to me. I can't say I'm never happy, but when I am it's not really because of some specific event happening. Same goes for sad thread really. The kinds of things that WOULD be appropriate are generally to embarrassing to post.
Except for some for the more mindbending MSPA updates I guess, but those don't make very eloquent posts.

Armok, know that when I ask this, I'm being completely serious.  How did you manage to butcher quotes that badly?  All you have to do is press the Quote button, and somehow you broke all the links and inserted a bunch of extra spaces.  I know this looks like an inane and petty snark, but I mean it as a serious question.  Your increasingly atrocious typing is indicative of just how little you care about what your posts even look like, or what kinda of even minuscule effort you're willing to put in to get it right, let alone whether you're conveying whatever you're trying to say.
D:
I just suck. :(
I tend to open quotes in tabs and then copypaste, that might be part of it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: September 15, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »

Then I demand you to eat breakfast tomorrow, something like a bowl or cereal or a bagel, or something, close your eyes, and focus on the pure feeling and emotion of eating it. If you eat a bagel, split it in half, admiring the resistance and give of the bagel's soft, tender sponginess. Place it into the toaster, waiting in anticipation for the crispy deliciousness, salivating at the thought of consuming such a simple, yet elegant meal. When it's ready, stop and smell the decadent aroma of warm and nearly burnt bread. Dip a knife into the butter container and spread it on the bagel like it was the first time you've ever done it. Be calm, relax. Now you're ready for the happiest, most emotion-consuming bagel of your life.

Please report your findings.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 8167