Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451314 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12570 on: September 15, 2010, 02:43:27 pm »

I was setting you straight.

Did I need it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12571 on: September 15, 2010, 02:45:14 pm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: September 15, 2010, 02:50:10 pm »

Quote from: ToonyMan
UNCHILL SORRY
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12573 on: September 15, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »

*seriously man*

Well then, uhm, thanks.
I won't do it again.

Whatever that is...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:58:51 pm by Mindmaker »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12574 on: September 15, 2010, 02:58:57 pm »

Feh, I'm naturally drawn to preach with much to-do whenever people talk about problems they face. I need to look into ditching the soapbox, since it's mostly serving as a way for me to distract from my own issues, but still feel like I'm making progress... a force of habit from that being the social role I served among friends for years.

By now, the soapbox is practically attached to my feet. :/

Don't talk about it, like if it was a bad habit.

Todays society lacks people who truly care, or at least try to be supportive.
I'd be glad, if I had someone to set me straight every once in a while.

Now say, "Thank you, Mistah Tooneh."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12575 on: September 15, 2010, 03:12:59 pm »

no respons or advice for me?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: September 15, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »

Anyway, Yeah, I made a gigantic list of stupid decisions when I was young, And I had quite a faulty personality. I have to say that being around other people made me change for the better, in a big way. There's some things I miss about my childhood, like being able to sit down and type a novel straight up, but there's other things I don't miss, and I wouldn't trade for the good things, no matter what.

So yeah, I'm more or less adjusted to my lot in life as I am, really.

And Armok, you're there. You've always been there. You don't always say smart things, you're opinionated and your spelling sucks, no matter how many new keyboards you get. But yeah, if you left I guess I'd miss you kind of like IWM, Sorta.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:16 pm »

hug?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: September 15, 2010, 03:28:13 pm »

Feh, I'm naturally drawn to preach with much to-do whenever people talk about problems they face. I need to look into ditching the soapbox, since it's mostly serving as a way for me to distract from my own issues, but still feel like I'm making progress... a force of habit from that being the social role I served among friends for years.

By now, the soapbox is practically attached to my feet. :/

Don't talk about it, like if it was a bad habit.

Todays society lacks people who truly care, or at least try to be supportive.
I'd be glad, if I had someone to set me straight every once in a while.

Now say, "Thank you, Mistah Tooneh."

Yes I get it.
But it was neither helpful, nor funny, nor was it revevant to any situation where I needed straight setting.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:31:31 pm by Mindmaker »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: September 15, 2010, 03:31:20 pm »

I feel the same, except for the first point being in the opposite direction. I haven't had the time or will to really play games for years and likely wont for decades. I supposedly come here because it's the only place where I have a feeling of belonging and community, but I don't feel like I really have that any more, instead becoming some kind of Memetic Moron in the eyes of the comunity. Reading the forums has become a chore, a compulsion preformed due to some misguided sense of duty. The quality of the culture has degraded to the point where it's hardly any better than any random place online, and people just seem increasingly narrow-minded, idiotic, petty, and downright sociopathic.
Yet I *can't* leave, simply because I have nowhere else to go, I have attempted many times to integrate into some other online community and I'm simply not up to the task, and because I have no IRL contacts what so ever I HAVE to go SOMEWHERE.

Dude, it's hard to give you advice when what you're saying is:

I'm academically-minded and don't like playing games.  I don't belong here and people make fun of me, I don't like reading the forums, and I don't like the culture.  You guys are narrow-minded, idiotic, petty, and sociopathic.  Oh, and I'm incapable of integrating into other online communities.

I mean... if you need advice on integrating into communities, I can give that to you.  As far as everything else goes, I think that the people here have been becoming more gentle, generous, and able to take a joke.  We've also become one heck of a lot more supportive over the past while, not just of the well-known individuals, but also of random people who wander into the sad thread and have something to say.  We even give good advice in Life Advice once in a while.

Everyone is made fun of, Armok.  You occasionally make a gaffe; so do I.  I think the difference between us is that I try to laugh it off and join in the fun, while you can't quite figure out where the joke is.  Sometimes the joke will be on you, sometimes on me, and all we can do is roll with the punches.

If you don't like the culture, then it's your job to either find a culture you like, or to change the culture here via your own actions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: September 15, 2010, 03:50:27 pm »

hug?

I will hug the armok!
This community would have a pretty big void without you. Don't feel like you don't fit it or whatnot; you're something of a staple here. If you left, we'd be a weaker forum for it D:

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: September 15, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »

If you don't like the culture, then it's your job to either find a culture you like, or to change the culture here via your own actions.
This is sort of why chatting with him can get difficult, so something else would have to happen before it can be viable.

On the first forum I ever used I would often make whiny remarks on how nobody recognizes me and how only the people who have made memes out of themselves are taken seriously in discussions, how more often than not their stupid little off-topic banter will have more replies than on-topic posts trying hard to start a conversation. Despite several people considered high-ups in the banter regard going out of their way to say they did recognize me and did consider me part of the community I never really felt part of it.

And that feeling has sort of carried on everywhere. Where it wouldn't make much a difference if I just left. Granted I have no wish to because you guys are all cool dudes who don't really bother with the crap of cliques. Granted there are some groups formed here of just such people, but I get the feeling that if somebody wanted to get in we would welcome them openly. And yet I still feel useless.

hug?
Alright dude, you get a hug.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: September 15, 2010, 03:59:33 pm »

You know I've always got your back Duke.  There's times I miss the big green U avatar, as cool as the Golden Helmet guy is.  Made me feel like we were bros, just stumbling onto a pair of styles that looked like they went together.

Regarding Armok...  I want to say I'm willing to give the guy a second chance about being a respectable conversation partner (and Armok, just because I'm talking about you in the third-person, I'm still sure you'll read this).  But I have given him a second chance, and a third chance and so on, in public and private correspondence.  Ever attempt I made to dig out a reasonable, self-conscious person hit a brick wall of egotism and moonspeak.  But he's mellowed out in recent months, either because he's woken up to the fact that nobody believes or cares about his assessment of his own world-shaking brilliance, or because he's just afraid to speak up.  Either way, I'm always willing to give anybody another chance, but every one after the first carries with it more reluctance to actually be friendly.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12583 on: September 15, 2010, 04:06:18 pm »

I can say right now that everybody here has some form of detachment with the community in someway, hell I feel it somehow.

Duke you CAN NOT just say that you don't feel recolonization in this forum, you are The Blind People, The Dukester, The Duck, The Green Flashing 'U', and well Duke!

Also Aqizzar I'm on part 4 on that LP of Sonic 2006, god help me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: September 15, 2010, 04:13:33 pm »

Yeah, dissolution is running rampant for some reason.  At least among the post-3D crowd.  Me and Janet had a good cry the other night when we realized we're now the old farts.  I remember being on the other side of this same conversation with Kagus like a year and a half ago.  What the fuck is going on here.

Also Aqizzar I'm on part 4 on that LP of Sonic 2006, god help me.

Only part 4?  As bad as you think it is now, it just keeps going downhill.

And I hope you won't take it personally if I switch back to my old avatar.  Double Downs Ben is great, but somehow I feel like I'm not being taken seriously.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 8167