Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446227 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12390 on: September 14, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »

Someone don't know the difference between Forum Games and Life Advice, and somehow ended up getting me a Warning by Toady for giving a silly command in a text adventure.
I mean, wtf?
Then stop breaking the game! It's thanks to all the other silly commands that the character is in such a bad position, and that was just ridiculously long.
It wasn't over that one. It was a one-line completely ordinary one that got removed. It wasn't even creative, people have probably posted that exact line in a bazilion games a bazilion times before withoute anyone bating an eyelid.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: September 14, 2010, 02:23:13 pm »

Bleh.  One more month until my dad comes home from Kazakhstan.
Does he work in Kazakhstan or something?

Launch site for satellites.  He's a rocket scientist.

Seriously? Like, the profession people use as an example of genius-demanding professions?
That's...that's astounding, actually. Wow. I guess the math major makes sense now, heh...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:27:37 pm by Renault »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »

I think stupid suggestions come with the turf on text adventures.  It's like a rule that half the commands are stuff like >lol lol rape people i so funy
Shoes...

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: September 14, 2010, 02:30:19 pm »

My mouse just broke, now I'm forced to browse the web with links. I knew I should have set up that virtual mouse earlier.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: September 14, 2010, 02:32:06 pm »

My mouse just broke, now I'm forced to browse the web with links. I knew I should have set up that virtual mouse earlier.

Well, that's gotta suck. I guess it would be smart to invest in a better mouse?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: September 14, 2010, 02:32:33 pm »

I don't do any kind of adventure on a forum because they are just aggravating.

Anyway, I learned how to read binary, hexadecimal, and octan numbers.

Like 1001 is 9 for binary and 2F is 47 for hexadecimal and stuff.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:51 pm »

I think stupid suggestions come with the turf on text adventures.  It's like a rule that half the commands are stuff like >lol lol rape people i so funy
Yea, this is just about exactly what I did and what I thought while doing it. Not the most mature of actions, but NO WAY grounds for a Warning.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: September 14, 2010, 02:34:56 pm »

I don't do any kind of adventure on a forum because they are just aggravating.

Anyway, I learned how to read binary, hexadecimal, and octan numbers.

Like 1001 is 9 for binary and 2F is 47 for hexadecimal and stuff.

Great. Now you can take the next step.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: September 14, 2010, 02:36:50 pm »

Yea, this is just about exactly what I did and what I thought while doing it. Not the most mature of actions, but NO WAY grounds for a Warning.
What was the gist of it? There are young people on this forum.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: September 14, 2010, 02:40:21 pm »

Bleh.  One more month until my dad comes home from Kazakhstan.  What makes me sad about this is that I don't miss his presence; I just wish he were back to keep my mom in line.

I'm tired of being told I have no joie de vivre and being snapped at because she can't compromise.
On the other hand, if your mom actually uses the phrase "joie de vivre", then you have fascinatingly erudite parents.

Ummm...if young people haven't already been warped by threads about merman concentration camps and the most effective way to mass butcher kittens...I don't think a herp derp sort of throwaway joke is going to poison the well.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:42:27 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: September 14, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »

Well, that's gotta suck. I guess it would be smart to invest in a better mouse?
Indeed it is. I think if broke because of me yanking it out from the usb slot whenever I wanted to switch between Linux and Windows. I guess I've learned my lesson.
Also, I just learned I can browse the web with Emacs, you just gotta love that editor.

Fake edit:
It seems the mouse works, but in a sort of on-and-off type way. First thing I do tomorrow is go grab a mouse, hopefully they have a store near by.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: September 14, 2010, 02:50:02 pm »

Oh, right. Still armoks suggestions can be weird at times... Zombie 4-arms. >_>
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: September 14, 2010, 03:01:09 pm »

"> [character in imposible and depresing situation]: Kill yourself."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: September 14, 2010, 03:26:51 pm »

Seriously? Like, the profession people use as an example of genius-demanding professions?
That's...that's astounding, actually. Wow. I guess the math major makes sense now, heh...

Yeah, basically--a satellite engineer, though now he's in management.  For extra hilarity, he couldn't figure out my 6th grade homework on imaginary numbers.  The teacher said: "You know, Vector, it doesn't take a rocket scientist."  I got to reply "Well, actually...."

On the other hand, if your mom actually uses the phrase "joie de vivre", then you have fascinatingly erudite parents.

This is true.  And yes, both of my parents have frighteningly large vocabularies/banks of memorized quotations.  Arguing with them is a bit odd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: September 14, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »

"> [character in imposible and depresing situation]: Kill yourself."
Thats sick. Hope you realise that suiside is not a joke and seriously why would you even suggest that? Just go away.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 8167