Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455319 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12015 on: September 11, 2010, 07:49:59 pm »

I'm sad that I'm such a hateful person that I feel deep resentment and sorrow whenever I see anyone else being happy. Even complete strangers, or just me entertaining the thought that there are people significantly happier than I am, that don't have to expend as much effort being that way.
Cheer up! You could happen to be a person that feels happy when seeing other people's sorrow.

I'm not such a bitter old villain of a person as to extract entertainment out of other's suffering. On the contrary, I consider that I'm highly empathetic, and so I'm saddened when people are BOTH happy or in misery, if only for different reasons.

I think this is why I've developed such a callous and simplistic approach to life.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: September 11, 2010, 07:51:26 pm »

On the other hand, it's better to be a happy villain, than miserable saint.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: September 11, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »

I don't think you really understand, but oh well, it's not as though I'll ever actually tell anyone the truth of who I am behind my gentle facade.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: September 11, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »

I don't think you really understand, but oh well, it's not as though I'll ever actually tell anyone the truth of who I am behind my gentle facade.
My bad. Put "embittered misanthrope" in place of saint, and forgive old Palazzo for trying to lighten your mood.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

I find that highly entertaining, as only a few pages ago you described yourself as jaded and bitter yourself, if in a different context.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: September 11, 2010, 08:04:18 pm »

snip
You say that, and then you realise there's an aggressive-passive guy out there who will argue with you, but almost alway give in to you in the end, who likes flat-chested women, and loves kendo and mathematics - but he's not as you in maths, so you've always got something to help him condescendingly with, and way better than you at kendo, so he can get you back into it- because you really need the confidence. And then you'll be screwed.

I tend to hold the belief that there are Two of every single type of person in the world at any time. Of course, if these two people were to meet, they'd either love or hate eachother, which is where the idea of soul-mates and arch-enemies come from.
But anyway, I interpret this in two ways. One- there's got to be a gigantic number of girls with qualities I like, and a large number of girls with many of the qualities I like, and not many of the qualities I dislike. So if I cut it down, there's got to be maybe under a hundred girls that would be an almost perfect match for me, and maybe just above twenty guys. Not good chances in a world of a few billion, but it's better than one.
Two- If I help people who look like they're having trouble- if I pick up trash I see on the street, if I am nice to whoever I can be nice to, regardless of their opinion of me, then there's got to be Some Other Person out there who is putting in the same effort.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: September 11, 2010, 08:10:57 pm »

I find that highly entertaining, as only a few pages ago you described yourself as jaded and bitter yourself, if in a different context.
Oh god. We're the same.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: September 11, 2010, 08:14:29 pm »

Now that's just silly. Physical violence towards your friends is much more emotionally fufilling than gardening.

I think it would be even more gratifying if you recited that entire post to them next time they start.

That's not to say it'd be a good idea, of course...

Nah.  I'm just lonely and need something to take care of, to make me feel better about ... well, knowing that relationships are just a bad idea at this point.  I can't tell them "doods, you're both 19 and I know you're not emotionally mature enough for this," because they're infatuated.  I refuse to say that they're in love, because I am petty and mean and wouldn't know a bouquet of red roses if it sprouted out of my thigh.

They mean to be nice.  It's just ... well, you know, when you're on the first day of a relationship (with a guy who was kicked out of school due to being crazy) and you're already talking about anniversaries completely seriously, I want to facepalm.

And I'm still not over being told I dress like a 5-year-old.

You say that, and then you realise there's an aggressive-passive guy out there who will argue with you, but almost alway give in to you in the end, who likes flat-chested women, and loves kendo and mathematics - but he's not as you in maths, so you've always got something to help him condescendingly with, and way better than you at kendo, so he can get you back into it- because you really need the confidence. And then you'll be screwed.

Hahaha... thank you, Tack <3  You seem to know me quite well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: September 11, 2010, 08:18:50 pm »

MZ use this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am not Jackie Chan!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: September 11, 2010, 08:22:43 pm »

And so do the Lurkers, Vector. And so do the Lurkers.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: September 11, 2010, 08:28:47 pm »

Don't start that stuff man, you saw what happened to bandages.
Shoes...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: September 11, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »

It doesn't have to be like that you know! You're only one image search away from having your own!

Or you could upload a picture of yourself like I did, and use that.
You should go back to your spider picture.

[PPE:] Cthulhu, I think he meant in real life, not on Bay 12.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: September 11, 2010, 08:32:11 pm »

What happened to bandages?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: September 11, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »

It would seem he freaked out after Aqizzar told him to not go on a rant about how he manipulates his friends like Vriska manipulates her "friends" in Homestuck, and therefore she isn't evil. So, he deleted his avatar and sig, leaving forever.  I am not joking.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: September 11, 2010, 08:38:00 pm »

Don't start that stuff man, you saw what happened to bandages.

What? Run off in an angry passive-aggressive huff?
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 8167