Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456472 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11955 on: September 11, 2010, 12:39:50 am »

I'm quite quick to get angry, but strangely, only with my immediate family, especially my younger pains-in-my-ass siblings.

Other times, I'm quite... calm, sometimes uninterested. I guess I'm just good at keeping my emotions mostly to myself with people outside my family.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: September 11, 2010, 12:41:56 am »

Y'know what I'm going to do tomorrow?  Play violent videogames and read textbooks and go to a neighborhood barbecue.

I hope that barbecue is using charcoal and not jet fuel, because that would really be completely tasteless, like totally over the line.

Damn that neighborhood association.  I knew something was up when they said they had all the kerosene they needed.  They were very specific about the kerosene part.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: September 11, 2010, 12:49:36 am »

My elementary school years were a blur of hate and depression. Suicidal thoughts and getting so worked up I blacked out more than once were the main things I remember about those years. First year of middle school had me entering an art class and making friends with people who were not asses, so I mellowed out. Ever since middle school I've been very chill about things any time I have been angry I just restrain it and kill it off from any interaction by me. Last year or so I've been increasingly aggressive and irritable, but I'm assuming college life and becoming an adult does that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: September 11, 2010, 01:08:01 am »

I guess this is where our paths diverge. I get angry at the stupidest things, but I have it on total lockdown. I strap on my fake smile, put my head down, deal with the stupidity, and go meditate and throw it away later. My physical reactions and emotional reactions are so intertwined, I guess, that I have no problems parleying furious anger and intense asskickings into controlled disdain and mild contempt.

Oh.  I freeze and get hilarious facial twitches.  I guess it's very controlled, but still... I've never been able to hide my fury very well.  Sadness, not so tough.  But anger will probably always be my Achilles heel.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: September 11, 2010, 01:10:54 am »

First day of work, it was meh.  I'm running a booth for a game that is too expensive, is barely possible to win, and usually doesn't attract a lot of customers.  Because of the lack of customers part, a third guy was added to our booth who actually tries to sell the game and manages to get people to play, but also takes a lot of time to single me out and explain why my shyness is a problem and that I need to be loud, large and in charge.  I was freaken' born shy, I was the quietest baby out of my two brothers, just leave me alone already adjhfkjdhfgijhsgf.  Plus the guy is twice my age, an atheist, and was utterly shocked that 1)I'm a virgin 2)Only had one girlfriend 3)Yes I believe the Earth was created in 7 (or six, meh) days.  This could be a plus though.  Can't wait to tell him my explanation for the fossil record.

Did I mention I like mice on toast? :D (Pretty sure nobody will get this joke)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: September 11, 2010, 01:17:20 am »

I guess this is where our paths diverge. I get angry at the stupidest things, but I have it on total lockdown. I strap on my fake smile, put my head down, deal with the stupidity, and go meditate and throw it away later. My physical reactions and emotional reactions are so intertwined, I guess, that I have no problems parleying furious anger and intense asskickings into controlled disdain and mild contempt.

Oh.  I freeze and get hilarious facial twitches.  I guess it's very controlled, but still... I've never been able to hide my fury very well.  Sadness, not so tough.  But anger will probably always be my Achilles heel.

I was raised in a household where one thing ruled over all: Rule of Funny. My parents expected zingers at every turn, even during the middle of a fistfight. They never particularly care that we fought, oftentimes brutally and with makeshift weapons, so long as no one was seriously injured (broken bones, severe cuts, torn muscles, etc,) and it was fun to watch. They once laughed when my sister threw a hot waffle iron at my head. Because a flying waffle iron is funny, and I have always had very quick reflexes. They often laughed when my pyromaniacal little brother set my clothes on fire whilst I was wearing them. They would also laugh when I decided to toss the two of them around like sacks of potatoes. After the chainsaw incident (thank goodness for low amounts of fuel being kept in machines,) I learned to back off and not take everything head on.

...my childhood was seriously fucked up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: September 11, 2010, 01:48:02 am »

Yeah, my childhood was nothing like that.  It was all about learning what amounted to be an enormous book of rules for self-government, number one of which is "never give up."  Entry number two is "situations are complex, and you need to be able to understand any perspective and argue from any direction, no matter what your beliefs may be."  Entry three is "be observant, vigilant, and paranoid."

At the age of three or so, I was told that telling a lie was the single most destructive thing one could do to a relationship.  The binder I took to school from second grade onwards had this in it.  My mother told me stories whose moral was ultimately "trust absolutely no one, because no one cares about you."  I was also not allowed to perform more than half an hour of a "non-self-improving" activity per day, so I ended up literally reading for 12 hours straight on many occasions.  Nothing else to do, after all...

I think it was a good way to grow up.  It does, of course, make me a bit uptight and twitchy, but I guess you can't have everything.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: September 11, 2010, 04:01:26 am »

You should be happy if you can express you anger freely.
I only manage to do it in a passive-agressive manner.
That way, people don't even realize that I'm angry at them most of the time.

It's the other way round with my family.
I'll explode immediately should they anger me.
But me and my family have some backstory, so this is nothing out of the ordinary...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: September 11, 2010, 05:36:54 am »

Off-topic.

Games that make you lose EXP when you die.

'Hey, it seems this level is too hard for you. Well, I'm just gonna make it harder for you. That'll teach you to try and do anything.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: September 11, 2010, 06:19:17 am »

Off-topic.

'Hey, it seems this level is too hard for you. Well, I'm just gonna make it harder for you. That'll teach you to try and do anything.
What I hate more is games that don't let you die at all because they are so fucking EASY.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: September 11, 2010, 06:53:10 am »

"Terminator: Salvation" has proven to be too demanding, and so, I couldn't enjoy it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: September 11, 2010, 07:07:51 am »

Off-topic.

What I hate more is games that don't let you die at all because they are so fucking EASY.
I dunno. I think Bioshock pulled off the 'No penalty for death' thing quite nicely. Sure, you could call having to walk back to where you were the penalty, but while I was playing the game, I wasn't thinking 'Right, let's draw this Bouncer to a Vita Chamber'. I was thinking more along the lines of 'OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD, SHOOT DAMN YOU SHOOT!'
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: September 11, 2010, 07:46:44 am »

Childhood, huh? Let's just say by the time I turned six, I had already been stabbed, set on fire and had my arm broken. And I had no siblings at the time. Yeah, I had some anger issues after that.

But later I discovered that karma is in fact a bitch, and the responsible party died crippled and in massive chronic pain.

I'm sad that I seem to have lost my USB flash drive. The one that I had been accumulating geneaology notes on to take home and transcribe, and that I had DF and a handful of other games on it so I had something to keep me occupied when working weekends.   :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: September 11, 2010, 07:55:14 am »

Stabbed? Wow, I got my first stab wound at the age of eight! Right after I caused the extinction of Drop-bears, and got fired from my logging job in the sahara.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:32 am »

9/11 RIP
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 8167