Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457074 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11925 on: September 10, 2010, 10:25:38 pm »

Someone mentioned that it was 9/11 tomorrow, and asked if I was doing anything.

I said I was going to buy presents for my cat; two brand new stacks of blocks, which she could play with and knock over.

It didn't go over as well as it did in my head.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11926 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »

Someone mentioned that it was 9/11 tomorrow, and asked if I was doing anything.

I said I was going to buy presents for my cat; two brand new stacks of blocks, which she could play with and knock over.

It didn't go over as well as it did in my head.

Word of advice from a master snarker: any event that killed more than 1,000 people is not funny for at least twenty or so years, especially in the country it happened in.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: September 10, 2010, 10:34:05 pm »

Master Snarker you say?  I caught one of those in my favorite fishing spots at the nearby river.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: September 10, 2010, 10:34:27 pm »

I'll go ahead and say it then.  Yes, it was a tragedy, yes it was dramatic, yes I remember everything that happened that day.  Must every September 11th for the rest of living memory be a slave to mourning?  Y'know what I'm going to do tomorrow?  Play violent videogames and read textbooks and go to a neighborhood barbecue.  And watch the news, to see if that whackjob pastor in Florida goes through with his Quran barbecue.  It's going to be a flammable day either way.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11929 on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:49 pm »

I get to work tomorrow and listen to hundreds of your average whackjobs and their endless conspiracy stories, and be forced to keep quiet and try to sell them computers. >:(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: September 10, 2010, 10:37:11 pm »

It kind of sucks that tomorrow will be the aniversity of the day the 90s died.

I'm pretty sure that was months ago.  Eight months and ten-ish days ago in fact.
Nah. I dont mean officially. I mean after september 11th it just didn't feel like the 90s any more.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: September 10, 2010, 10:38:24 pm »

That would be because it was 2001. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11932 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:04 pm »

And watch the news, to see if that whackjob pastor in Florida goes through with his Quran barbecue.
People like that make me sad.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:33 pm »

Without wishing to go too far into any issues involved, there is one thing I take issue with - speaking for the dead.

There are people who have claimed, for instance, that those killed in 9/11 would not approve of the mosque being built nearby.  Well... how would they know?  I mean, the people who died there were a cross section of American society.  Some would've opposed the mosque, others wouldn't.  Some of them may have been Muslim, and may have ended up using the mosque.  It seems offensive to think that every victim would suddenly become rabidly anti-Islam.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: September 10, 2010, 10:45:58 pm »

There are people who have claimed, for instance, that those killed in 9/11 would not approve of the mosque being built nearby.  Well... how would they know?  I mean, the people who died there were a cross section of American society.  Some would've opposed the mosque, others wouldn't.  Some of them may have been Muslim, and may have ended up using the mosque.  It seems offensive to think that every victim would suddenly become rabidly anti-Islam.

People get away with saying that because there were plenty of people who lost very close family, and you can always find at least one who thinks the site should be rebuilt with a giant statue of Jesus wrapped in the flag giving the world the finger.  Of course, there are actual 9/11 Family Association groups or whatever, and the majority of them are pretty quiet, unassuming people who have no problem with anything happening around there.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: September 10, 2010, 11:01:49 pm »

Meh.  I'll probably start the Dragonball reread, look for episodes of Ergo Proxy, and take a bike ride somewhere.

Tears are reserved for Memorial Day.  I don't think 9/11 needs an enormous deal made out of it anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11936 on: September 10, 2010, 11:25:30 pm »

Many people seem to think I should cosplay as Vegeta. I'm not sure if this makes me sad or like yelling, "KAKAROOOOOOOOOOT!!!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: September 10, 2010, 11:27:07 pm »

Many people seem to think I should cosplay as Vegeta. I'm not sure if this makes me sad or like yelling, "KAKAROOOOOOOOOOT!!!"

People used to joke all over the place about the similarity between me and him.  I think it's ridiculous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: September 10, 2010, 11:34:51 pm »

Dude man, there's something wrong with the situation I'm in or I don't know what is.  Thinking about the future and everything just sucks, my life so far has been a part of the system, as in, I feel so constained or something.  I'm showing the most pathetic face right now.  Real life isn't some fictional story, you know I think I have an idea on what to say now.

Life is for the strong willed, at least what I've been doing in my daily life would take someone with an iron will I think, not to sell myself too short (Ed joke).  Not to sound like some bastardized old Toony, but I never really feel a true sense of happiness.  Every now and then I actually have the inner ability to smile, like you can't stop it and it feels comfortable.  I know the feeling and it should happen more often.  My life feels like a joke, but I know I'm just going to deal with it anyway, wish I could use Steam though.

Also this post sounds akward as hell to me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: September 10, 2010, 11:40:43 pm »

People used to joke all over the place about the similarity between me and him.  I think it's ridiculous.

It doesn't help that I do the voice rather well. Also, I can be a stone cold jerk sometimes. Retail does that to you. Also, I like punching people.

Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 8167