Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464563 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9945 on: August 15, 2010, 03:29:47 pm »

From what I know of DnD that's actually a ridiculously high crit chance and good damage. Not sure though.
This, if ToEE follows DnD weapon rules, that's actually pretty good. 1d10 is the third highest weapon damage tier, after 2d6 and 1d12, and normal crit chance is 20, doubling the damage, while certain weapons have a crit chance of 19-20, and/or x3 damage on crit. This has double that crit range, and the x3 damage. So there's basically a 1/5 chance of getting a chance to triple your damage (since you roll to hit again afterwards, to confirm the crit). If it's more or less the same set of rules as the DnD I'm familiar with.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: August 15, 2010, 03:30:52 pm »

Actually, that's something that makes me sad/annoyed. Looking at Steam in offline mode (my connection is for shit right now) and looking at the three games that're available to me (all RTS) and thinking "Bloody hell. I want to shoot things."

Buy Half-Life 2. Jack some newfag's wifi.

I have all the Half-Lifes. All of them. It's just that I can't play in online mode and they were updating when my connection went to hell. It's infuriating, the only games working right now are Men of War, Red Tide and Empire Total War. Thank God for Deus Ex.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: August 15, 2010, 03:31:54 pm »

When my internet goes down, Steam is actually the last thing to go and can last our for far longer than my regular internet.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #9948 on: August 15, 2010, 03:36:22 pm »

I actually really like my internet service. In about the two years I've had it, I've never had it go down. Plus it's fiber optic, so it's really fast.

I laugh at (most of) your puny internet connections :P

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: August 15, 2010, 03:37:29 pm »

Actually, that's something that makes me sad/annoyed. Looking at Steam in offline mode (my connection is for shit right now) and looking at the three games that're available to me (all RTS) and thinking "Bloody hell. I want to shoot things."

I have all the Half-Lifes. All of them. It's just that I can't play in online mode and they were updating when my connection went to hell. It's infuriating, the only games working right now are Men of War, Red Tide and Empire Total War. Thank God for Deus Ex.

Halo
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: August 15, 2010, 03:37:48 pm »

I haven't had internet for almost three months now.

I miss it so much  ;_;

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: August 15, 2010, 03:41:09 pm »

Halo

Halo bores me to death. Its story didn't interest me from the start and whether or not it was revolutionary at the time, everything has expanded on its principles to the point that playing it feels like I'm hamstringing myself.

Although I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite in that I can't say the same for Half Life 1. Make of that what you will.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: August 15, 2010, 03:43:34 pm »

Halo
Be silent. Halo is less than nothing before the magnificence of Deus Ex.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: August 15, 2010, 03:45:15 pm »

Rule #1, don't mention anything popular in the Bay12 forums.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: August 15, 2010, 03:48:52 pm »

Rule #1, don't mention anything on the internet.

Fixed.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: August 15, 2010, 03:49:42 pm »

I think I might be in the minority with my opinion, Toony.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: August 15, 2010, 03:51:45 pm »

I think I might be in the minority with my opinion, Toony.
The fact you posted this here means you're a minority.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: August 15, 2010, 03:52:51 pm »

Look, we have an image of being the ultimate elite saviors of the internet to mantain, and that means only talking about games that are freeware or made by Valve. Halo is the antithesis of that.

You know, because of how we don't commit in-game atrocites at every oppertuni-nevermind...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: August 15, 2010, 03:53:43 pm »

I mean that in this forum alone I'm in the minority. Everybody loves Halo.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: August 15, 2010, 03:55:45 pm »

Everybody loves Halo.
...you have seen the kind of things people post in a pro-/anti-/neutral to/not related to Halo thread, right?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 8167