Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464666 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9930 on: August 15, 2010, 11:38:27 am »

Go with politics of the ancient world, your spanish, and the sociology course you're already enrolled in.

Make it un-boring, and try hard!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #9931 on: August 15, 2010, 01:59:47 pm »

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=provocateur
Agent provocateur: A secret agent who incites suspected persons to commit illegal acts.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3403300381.html
An agent provocateur is someone who infiltrates a group or organization with the purpose of inciting its members to unlawful acts that would bring them to the attention of—and most likely cause them to receive punishment from—authorities.

Why is one of your teachers a commie spy? :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: August 15, 2010, 02:08:16 pm »

Still playing ToEE.  Just finished the moathouse:

Lareth makes me sad.  He's a white cleric of Lolth (Yeah, male cleric of Lolth, that's strike 1).  Then, when he's obviously getting his ass kicked he calls out to Lolth to protect him, who responds by sending spiders.  Lolth wouldn't have saved him.  If he couldn't beat the PCs on his own he obviously wasn't strong enough to serve her anyway, and then he had the gall to ask her for help.  You never ask for help, you ask her to make things difficult so you can prove yourself.

That isn't what makes me sad.  What makes me sad is that I knew all that and it bothered me.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: August 15, 2010, 02:29:58 pm »

I stared at the ceiling thinking about myself before falling asleep.

It was not good.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: August 15, 2010, 02:32:28 pm »

Lareth makes me sad.  He's a white cleric of Lolth (Yeah, male cleric of Lolth, that's strike 1).  Then, when he's obviously getting his ass kicked he calls out to Lolth to protect him, who responds by sending spiders.  Lolth wouldn't have saved him.  If he couldn't beat the PCs on his own he obviously wasn't strong enough to serve her anyway, and then he had the gall to ask her for help.  You never ask for help, you ask her to make things difficult so you can prove yourself.

That isn't what makes me sad.  What makes me sad is that I knew all that and it bothered me.

ToEE?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: August 15, 2010, 02:35:06 pm »

Temple of Elemental Evil.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: August 15, 2010, 03:02:05 pm »

I was disapointed with Lareth not only because he's a male priest of Lolth, but because he's pitifully easy to beat. Hell, everything before him is much harder and by the time you get to him, you're already powerful enough to smash his head in.

ToEE is full of this stuff, many encounters are harder then the bosses.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: August 15, 2010, 03:05:25 pm »

I gave my rogue gladiator armor just to see what it would look like, and now I'm sad because the game is awkward because I saw a character's boobies.  We won't be able to look each other in the eye.

Also, I just bought a masterwork great cleaver for 9gp.  Ready for the stats?  1d10 damage, 17-20x3 crit.  What?!  That's got to be a typo.  It makes me sad someone thought that was okay to put in the game.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:10:42 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: August 15, 2010, 03:20:18 pm »

So, is that powerful?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: August 15, 2010, 03:21:47 pm »

1d10? No, I don't think so. I mean, I'm not an expert but it sounds like it's got low base damage and crit chance.

Wow that was a really nerdy thing I said just now.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: August 15, 2010, 03:22:52 pm »

From what I know of DnD that's actually a ridiculously high crit chance and good damage. Not sure though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: August 15, 2010, 03:23:46 pm »

... It's got good base damage and insane crit chance and damage. That thing is a monster.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: August 15, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »

Oh, I missed the 9gp part, and the x3 didn't click until after I read your post.

I predominantly play RTS, can you tell?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: August 15, 2010, 03:26:07 pm »

I gave my rogue gladiator armor just to see what it would look like, and now I'm sad because the game is awkward because I saw a character's boobies.  We won't be able to look each other in the eye.

Also, I just bought a masterwork great cleaver for 9gp.  Ready for the stats?  1d10 damage, 17-20x3 crit.  What?!  That's got to be a typo.  It makes me sad someone thought that was okay to put in the game.

What the hell, what the hell. Go test it, maybe its a typo.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: August 15, 2010, 03:28:14 pm »

Actually, that's something that makes me sad/annoyed. Looking at Steam in offline mode (my connection is for shit right now) and looking at the three games that're available to me (all RTS) and thinking "Bloody hell. I want to shoot things."
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 8167